Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only difference is my SA responds but keeps saying January. I don't think they know any better

I just like communication. I'm not irrational, expecting them to manifest an order out of nothing. It wouldn't even bug me if they just said "we decided to re-design a part, it will be another delay", as long as I'm just in the loop. I don't know what their backend looks like, but based on my experience so far, there seems to be a lot of manual effort involved for orders, which makes me want to make sure my order isn't sitting on a digital desk somewhere, being lost in the noise.

The only reason I know anything at all, is because of you folks.

Last edited:
View attachment 741441

HAHA, not sure what I was expecting.

I haven't heard from my SA since beginning of summer or so, after some odd things with my account, I was hoping someone could just say "yes, I see it's in queue and you have everything completed, as needed."
Your fault there, you should have went in easy. Hi Shannon what are the tire size options for the new Model X, what colors are available ok, Then WHERE'S MY F";-+++N MX # RN*'_&::+++(-. Shannon I know where you live. SHOW ME MY VIN SHANNON.
Then it will show agent left the chat.
Go back in Sir. You need a redo

Last edited:
Only thing that stops me from feeling hopeless and helpless is laughing about it, I don't have any control over the situation other than cancelling my order, which is not going to happen - I know I'll love the car.

Just call your local store. I don't have an SA this time around. My original SA from 5 years ago was promoted, promoted again and then left Tesla. I ordered this car without knowing any sales members from my local store but when I called 2 weeks ago they got me info and assured me I had no hope of a quick delivery but that February (maybe January but he was skeptical) was likely for my June 2021 6 seat order.

We used to be able to ping Jon McNeill here on TMC back then when customer service was a real priority. Imagine a direct line in the forum to Tesla management? Elon killed that.

Reactions: niogyn
I find it kind of odd though that this thread was talking about brakes as a possibility last week and then suddenly an SA is telling customers this. It makes sense as a possibility but I think there’s a chance we are just creating rumor mills for the SAs here.
Sadly, I think it's plausible. I proposed safety as an issue pages ago and several others chimed in with legit sounding theories. Someone smarter than me brought up brakes and sure enough, we are hearing it. Sounds real :(

Yeah 100% this is what started our conversation on it last week. Lots of reports about the model S brakes. Many think it’s why the S Plaid is limited to 160mph versus the claimed 200mph. That’s also why I don’t buy it as the reason for Plaid delays lol since they are delivering the base model X with the same brakes. I think if brakes were the issue, they would limit the top speed just like the S Plaid.
Don't you think it's possible that the brakes could be an issue only on the more powerful Plaid?

Edit: just re-read your post. Yeah, I agree. Would be a reasonable solution, but maybe they are trying to fix the issue more definitively rather than jerry rig a solution? Also, brakes may be even more of an issue in a heavier car?

Shoot. I wish I had autopilot on my driver's test 😂
This weekend she was eligible for her driver's license. We had a feeling that she would have to take the driving test. We asked her, which car do you want to take?

264435798_10227429320025615_1231092264299234065_n.jpg

View attachment 741441

HAHA, not sure what I was expecting.

I haven't heard from my SA since beginning of summer or so, after some odd things with my account, I was hoping someone could just say "yes, I see it's in queue and you have everything completed, as needed."
I appreciate that this would be very frustrating! So don't get me wrong when I laughed my A-- OFF when I saw this.... Right in the middle of your conversation, the Agent left the chat!! I mean, that has got to be a classic!!

Really highlights the futility of it all... and what's better, is that you keep typing... I mean, is ANYBODY over there at Tesla Land listening?

Another day for me with no new information on my order either... 😞😞😞

• Funny
Reactions: niogyn
I texted my SA this morning asking
I been bugging my SA to pin the location of my X but no answer yet. I also don't have a MVPA in my account. I had one before but I was updating the financing so they may have to generate a new one anyway.
He told me I should have one 48-72 hours before delivery so I can finalize payment before scheduling delivery.
Next week is the week.
I sent him a text this morning but was occupied with other stuff and only notice that he sent me back this answer in the afternoon.
"Your Model X is currently in route to our transit hub in Milpitas, TX. It looks like it should arrive to Houston this weekend! Once it's a bit closer you will receive an automated text to select your preferred delivery appointment."
Looks like this weekend I should he able to stalk it.
Also my detail guy said there is no pattern for the xpel system yet so he will get a team from San Antonio to come down and scan it.
Such an ordeal being the first delivery X in Houston.

Don't you think it's possible that the brakes could be an issue only on the more powerful Plaid?

Edit: just re-read your post. Yeah, I agree. Would be a reasonable solution, but maybe they are trying to fix the issue more definitively rather than jerry rig a solution? Also, brakes may be even more of an issue in a heavier car?
I think it’s totally possible but how is the plaid different from the LR when it comes to braking needs. The only thing I can think of is top speed. So why not just limit the X Plaid to the same top speed as the LR?

Reactions: jbrowdy
I texted my SA this morning asking

I sent him a text this morning but was occupied with other stuff and only notice that he sent me back this answer in the afternoon.
"Your Model X is currently in route to our transit hub in Milpitas, TX. It looks like it should arrive to Houston this weekend! Once it's a bit closer you will receive an automated text to select your preferred delivery appointment."
Looks like this weekend I should he able to stalk it.
Also my detail guy said there is no pattern for the xpel system yet so he will get a team from San Antonio to come down and scan it.
Such an ordeal being the first delivery X in Houston.
when did you receive your VIN?