Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 741441

HAHA, not sure what I was expecting.

I haven't heard from my SA since beginning of summer or so, after some odd things with my account, I was hoping someone could just say "yes, I see it's in queue and you have everything completed, as needed."
Is this for real? When I went by the Reno SC I talked with a lady there and had her look up my account and she says “oh it looks like you’ve texted Sam (the only contact I have had and the one who helped me with my reservation whom I haven’t heard back from in months), he doesn’t work here any more”. So I asked ok you can see I texted him but we can’t have anyone reply back to me saying he doesn’t work here anymore?” And she chuckled, and I left without any more knowledge about my pre refresh order.

Interesting. I thought when Joe @ OCDetailing put up his video with a refreshed X that they were doing a wrap. That was quite a few weeks ago.

I took a small tour of their shop (a friend picked up their wrapped car), and they said they basically make their own templates because they like to wrap more along the edges than what are in spec.

Afterward I immediately put down a deposit to secure my appointment for an Xpel stealth wrap on my MX when it arrives sometime this millennium.

Reactions: focher and lauraut
I texted my SA this morning asking

I sent him a text this morning but was occupied with other stuff and only notice that he sent me back this answer in the afternoon.
"Your Model X is currently in route to our transit hub in Milpitas, TX. It looks like it should arrive to Houston this weekend! Once it's a bit closer you will receive an automated text to select your preferred delivery appointment."
Looks like this weekend I should he able to stalk it.
Also my detail guy said there is no pattern for the xpel system yet so he will get a team from San Antonio to come down and scan it.
Such an ordeal being the first delivery X in Houston.
🍾 Congratulations on having Champagne Problems 😂

Just be careful for what you wish for even in jest. "I wish I wasn't the first delivery in Houston..." could be interpreted by the universe (or Tesla Interns) as... Okay, I guess @EL0NTRK doesn't want that VIN anymore... we'll hold it for *ahem* 2 Weeks

• Funny
Reactions: EL0NTRK
Interesting to see how much movement there has been on X cars in both the test track and factory area (comparing to the high quality video posted yesterday)
Geeze, after watching (LITERALLY all 45 minutes of) the two 4k flyovers this week... this seems like it was shot from a Starlink Satellite!

But, I let the entire video play because the music was soothing - almost reminiscent of a time when this forum had a different atmosphere. You know, like 7 days ago. Ahh, the good ole days.

I don't want to cause a big ruckus, but have any 5 seat buyers sat it the 2nd row bench seat? I had a 6 seater and wanted the 5 seater for various reasons, but it was very uncomfortable. Padded...plywood? I went with the 6 again. For those of you who have time, because of all the delays I would suggest you go try the 2nd row out in case you want to change.
I tried the 2nd row for the 6 seat MX, I didn't like the fact it can not recline. My wife and I drive the car mostly, just two of us, but sometimes we do take long family trips, it becomes uncomfortable for the people sitting in the back. I rejected the offer and plan to wait for my 5 seats.

Reactions: IAMCCF
They called you? Were they returning a call or was this an "out of nowhere" call?
This was an out of nowhere called. The guy called me and asked me if I would like to take the 6 seat option for very soon delivery. I told him that I'd wait for the 5 seat option. I was told that they are ramping up the production for the X in Jan, so I would get my delivery sometime in March.

• Informative
Reactions: Hebert
I don't want to cause a big ruckus, but have any 5 seat buyers sat it the 2nd row bench seat? I had a 6 seater and wanted the 5 seater for various reasons, but it was very uncomfortable. Padded...plywood? I went with the 6 again. For those of you who have time, because of all the delays I would suggest you go try the 2nd row out in case you want to change.
Me neither, but have you tried to load 3 kids and their bikes and scooters and craps in a six seater? You can’t. I also don’t care who sits in the second row. The kids are all in their child seats anyways. People get what they need.

Need some more context like order date, did they call you etc. To everyone else this is his 1st post so hoping he is actually informed. Would be weird he's the only one.
Sorry for the late reply. I ordered the car on April 20, 2021. Deep Blue Metallic, 20'' Cyberstream Wheels, Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor, 5 seats. The guy asked me if I wanted to get the 6 seat option for very soon delivery. I told him that I'd wait for my 5 seats. I don't like the fact that the 2nd row for the 6 seats couldn't recline. So he told me that they are ramping up the production in Jan, and I would get my MX delivered sometime in March.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: lexus26
Sorry for the late reply. I ordered the car on April 20, 2021. Deep Blue Metallic, 20'' Cyberstream Wheels, Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor, 5 seats. The guy asked me if I wanted to get the 6 seat option for very soon delivery. I told him that I'd wait for my 5 seats. I don't like the fact that the 2nd row for the 6 seats couldn't recline. So he told me that they are ramping up the production in Jan, and I would get my MX delivered sometime in March.

I hope this helps.
oops, made a mistake. I actually ordered the car on Feb 12 with white paint. I updated it to blue on April 20.