Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After making my post the other day where I whined about being ignored by my SA since May, I drove to the Tesla showroom near me to see what they could tell me. I explained my situation to a gentleman who pulled up my account, then shook my hand and immediately introduced himself as my new SA. He even gave me his personal cell phone number (he’s going to regret that as soon as he realizes how needy I am).

During the conversation he showed me everything SAs can see in my account, screen by screen. When I asked about some of the rumors other SAs have told members here, he said he’s 99% sure it’s just speculation on their part as they are not given any information on delays or production issues. He explained that they’ve tried getting some information from higher just to help out people like me (folks who get so frustrated that they drive in to talk to someone in person) but they’ve been unable to do so.

Everything he told me was stuff I already knew deep down but it was nice to have someone be honest with me for a change.

One nice advantage to using a plug-in type EVSE, is the ability to quickly and easily swap it out. We have a 50a circuit, with an N6-50 receptacle and use a Grizzl-E Smart (40a), it does double duty between our Tesla and our Wrangler 4xe (PHEV), with just an easy adapter swap.

Anyway, if it crapped out (or we just got a notion to use a different product), I could order any replacement and have it up and running as soon as it was delivered - or - use the TMC that came with the car, and the N6-50 adapter I scored (specifically for a backup), for zero downtime.
Went with hardwired for my case, made sense with an easy to access sub panel in the garage, you just throw the breaker for the sub on the main panel and disconnect three wires inside the panel if the charger itself ever fails, which seems pretty unlikely. I chose fewer connections (one connection at the breaker vs. three, one at breaker, one where wire meets receptacle, one at plug) over redundancy, heh

How has EV mode been ont he 4xe? I'm really curious about that powertrain and couldn't convince my neighbor to get it instead of the 2.0t so I haven't had a chance to try it yet

After making my post the other day where I whined about being ignored by my SA since May, I drove to the Tesla showroom near me to see what they could tell me. I explained my situation to a gentleman who pulled up my account, then shook my hand and immediately introduced himself as my new SA. He even gave me his personal cell phone number (he’s going to regret that as soon as he realizes how needy I am).

During the conversation he showed me everything SAs can see in my account, screen by screen. When I asked about some of the rumors other SAs have told members here, he said he’s 99% sure it’s just speculation on their part as they are not given any information on delays or production issues. He explained that they’ve tried getting some information from higher just to help out people like me (folks who get so frustrated that they drive in to talk to someone in person) but they’ve been unable to do so.

Everything he told me was stuff I already knew deep down but it was nice to have someone be honest with me for a change.
They change out their "personal" device cell phone numbers relatively frequently, fyi

The sales guy I had last year no longer has the same number, for instance, still works there

ANYONE WITH THE DATE TBD.. Should have February now, mine changed this morning to February. Ugghh.

Did you get a VIN and lose it?

Nope never had a VIN. date changed from Jan to TBD and to now Feb. My car is actually getting towed today as it did not start. Thought I could get rid of the car I have now 9 months ago but I guess that never happened.
@RandomRefresh I believe that it is only changing for people that never got VIN's.. I still have my TBD on the X that had a VIN and lost it on the X that never had a VIN.. I think JAN/FEB are placeholders for the masses.. and TBD is for people close to getting a car/VIN..
Question:
Anyone who had a VIN and then lost it.. Do you still have TBD?
The only exceptions to this would be to the people who were orders after 3/21 (the person who ordered 6/21 wouldn't count as they were never supposed to get a VIN)

@RandomRefresh I believe that it is only changing for people that never got VIN's.. I still have my TBD on the X that had a VIN and lost it on the X that never had a VIN.. I think JAN/FEB are placeholders for the masses.. and TBD is for people close to getting a car/VIN..
Question:
The only exceptions to this would be to the people who were orders after 3/21 (the person who ordered 6/21 wouldn't count as they were never supposed to get a VIN)
I had Jan Edd before I got my vin. As well as "we are building your car"

They change out their "personal" device cell phone numbers relatively frequently, fyi

The sales guy I had last year no longer has the same number, for instance, still works there
Agree. The guy I was in communications with left Tesla and when I recently went in they looked at my account and saw I had texted him and didn’t get a response but no one has picked up his “customers” or replied to my text. So apparently when they switch numbers or that person leaves they can see your texts but just won’t respond.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Question:
I'd like to add.. I think TBD really means that they will redistribute VIN's and schedule delivery when they figure out/fix whatever is wrong with the X's..

Question:
I never had TBD. Just vaguely month (Jan/Feb) no specific date.

I have an R1S on order since September and have had a similar experience with Rivian, no communications. Since I wasn't a Launch Edition customer, I didn't receive the recent communications with an "anticipated" EDD. Supposedly, those of us that weren't LE customers, are going to receive something before the end of December with an EDD. I'm honestly not expecting anything sooner than 2023, though it would be a pleasant surprise. My hope with the R1S order was that there would be a race to the finish line with Tesla. That may still happen, but, I will cancel the Tesla order LONG BEFORE it gets to that point in time.

Based on my first time Tesla experience and my order being 9 months old, Mar 8, 2021 order, I doubt I'd be this patient again. It's not just the delay in delivering the car, it's the lack of customer service and the overall "Tesla Attitude".
Fully agree. R1S reservation, too. They have been marginally better at communicating, but certainly not great.

A5DE02FF-F225-4A1C-9127-84C76F2FE599.jpeg

We have a Reddit VINNer today!

I wish it wouldn’t pass but it will, at least a version of it.
Like you, I wish the BBB (Big Bloated Bulls**t) bill wouldn’t pass but also like you, I know that it will. I think the $4,000 “union made” provision will go away though, as it should. Maybe we will get lucky and they will raise the max car price to $120,000 and we will all get a nice Christmas gift 🎁

Here‘s one: Your Favorite ICE Driving Experience. It can be a one-time experience or a car you owned. For me, two come to mind:

My 2 favorite ICE rentals:

2012 Merc E Class on the Autobahns from Hamburg to Frankfurt
2021 BMW 7series on the Florida Turnpike from Miami to Orlando

Was able to average the same insane speed for both trips...one quite legal, the other thanks to Waze...:oops:

Reactions: jbrowdy
They might be annoyed, but this is a direct result of little, or no communication. We are robots. If expectations are set and not met, this leads to disappointment. I strongly think they need to reset expectations for all customers who have an order placed.
I do not disagree. My feeling is they really have no idea. I ordered my five passenger in Jun-21, website said expect January 2022. Over last weekend that quietly changed to expect February-21. The only comms I've had at all, are requests to update the mileage on my 2018 trade-in every 30 days. Providing that update, makes the trade-in value go up! November it increased $2,500, even the car has more than 4,000 more miles.

I'd be happy w delivery any time in 2022. Gives them more time to work on FSD Beta (and boy it needs a lot of work)