Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Th

The type of vibe I’m getting from this is that (no shade to tesla employees almost all are great people) they seem to not have sales experience and not have clue and just go “by the book” or in this case by whatever your acccount page says, as if they can’t call a higher up or someone at the factory that potentially knows more info, it’s ironic because on every single car buying experience the salesperson never fails to hit you with the “let me ask my manager” line and in teslas case it’s more like “what no way I didn’t even know I had a manager”. On my bmw order my salesman is literally busting bmws factory’s balls trying to get me my car as fast as possible and I seriously am questioning weather the tesla salespeople even know the tesla factory’s number…
Agree. I think it’s a reign of terror that starts at the top.

It makes sense that a commission based sales person is going to be willing to keep you on the string with constant updates and predictions. BMW executives will rarely communicate with you regarding your upcoming deliveries. Just the way it is.

With a million cars to be delivered next year by Tesla, 10 researched updates per order would be 10,000,000 phone calls in total. Not going to happen. They will reach out to you when they have the car ready to be delivered. No hand holding along the way.

This now 700 page thread shows just how needy buyers are. People checking their accounts scores of times a day. Cannot ever get enough information. Reality is that your car will get here when it gets here. Not a day sooner.
I disagree. You can give blanket updates. For example, “the reason we can’t deliver Plaids is because XYZ and we plan on hopefully starting production on XYZ. We will update you as that date approaches.” So easy yet so hard for Tesla. For a lot of us, it’s not our first Tesla experience. We have seen good before. In some cases, great. This is just pathetic.

It makes sense that a commission based sales person is going to be willing to keep you on the string with constant updates and predictions. BMW executives will rarely communicate with you regarding your upcoming deliveries. Just the way it is.

With a million cars to be delivered next year by Tesla, 10 researched updates per order would be 10,000,000 phone calls in total. Not going to happen. They will reach out to you when they have the car ready to be delivered. No hand holding along the way.

This now 700 page thread shows just how needy buyers are. People checking their accounts scores of times a day. Cannot ever get enough information. Reality is that your car will get here when it gets here. Not a day sooner.
Making stereotypes that people on here are needy is unnecessary and quite frankly not cool. Keep it positive please.

Yea you got a really good point, but reaching a million cars isn’t really a good excuse to not reach out to your costumers paying 40k-200k for the cars you make.

The reality is that 1 million cars is absolutely minuscule compared to the numbers other car makers are pumping out yearly, bmw like u mentioned which keep in mind also sells a relatively small amount of cars compared to the other brands that have been around for that long, is aiming for 3 million yearly and is currently at 2. something, bmws service and buying experience is amazing even doe they make 2m+ cars a year, so again shouldn’t be an excuse for terrible costumer care.

Also tesla has a market cap which im pretty sure has reached a point that it is bigger than every single other car manufacturers combined in total technically making it the largest car company ever, which is embarrassing to say that the biggest automotive company in the world treats costumers like trash.

So imo costumers being needy about their 100k+ car shouldn’t be an issue at all, since tesla shouldn’t be making their costumers feel like that in the first place, it really sucks being misinformed or not informed at all since realistically a lot of us that buy model Xs have very busy schedules and shouldn’t have to be worrying about things like randomly freeing up time to take delivery of a car that u were terribly informed about, or being outside of the location of delivery and having them give the car to someone else, and if the costumers don’t stand up and try to contact tesla like the person who’s vin got taken and given to someone with a completely different configuration that didn’t want it, then tesla will probably never change and just keep getting worse and worse, so I hope all together we can get these issues to tesla so they can be fixed so we can love tesla and their cars again, not just love their cars!

Th

The type of vibe I’m getting from this is that (no shade to tesla employees almost all are great people) they seem to not have sales experience and not have clue and just go “by the book” or in this case by whatever your acccount page says, as if they can’t call a higher up or someone at the factory that potentially knows more info, it’s ironic because on every single car buying experience the salesperson never fails to hit you with the “let me ask my manager” line and in teslas case it’s more like “what no way I didn’t even know I had a manager”. On my bmw order my salesman is literally busting bmws factory’s balls trying to get me my car as fast as possible and I seriously am questioning weather the tesla salespeople even know the tesla factory’s number…
In unofficial note few months ago, when i tesla personnel.from orlando office was one of my client ,in short’’ all remote locations are just sales ,delivery and repair service, we do not get any info more than you guys get, any one tell you he got inside information , it is a lie, it is been the policy since the beginning, got worse and hectic after M3 production “

Reactions: abel2003
As a shareholder this experience has been unsettling to say the least..
I’ve owned multiple teslas and like the others have stated it was never this bad..
I always tell people that my model 3 is the best purchase I’ve ever made..
Now I can tell people “buying/waiting” for a Tesla is the worse purchasing process I’ve ever had..
It’s very tough to beat this experience and how bad it’s been..
my wife told me I’m crazy for still wanting this car..
I ordered a prerefresh 1/14/21, because I wanted more range than on my 2017MX. Yes it could be a little frustrating, but I have other cars to drive.
I'm just grateful Tesla has been working on and fine tuning the refresh...even though its taken a year.
Imagine how you would have felt if all the 2020 orders and early 2021 orders had been shipped the pre refresh..and you didn't get this new rocking technology.
Alot of you/them would have been complaining they weren't given a choice to wait and get the refresh.
I understand the key word is choice, but lets be grateful you weren't shipped the old non upgraded technology. It'll be cool.

I disagree. You can give blanket updates. For example, “the reason we can’t deliver Plaids is because XYZ and we plan on hopefully starting production on XYZ. We will update you as that date approaches.” So easy yet so hard for Tesla. For a lot of us, it’s not our first Tesla experience. We have seen good before. In some cases, great. This is just pathetic.
I wish the system was at least a little like Mercedes, audi and bmws, not even the support from sales advisors since apparently thats just too hard for tesla to do, but how the German automakers pages show u from start to finish what is going on with your car and everything is confirmed, with the Germans there’s not no here’s a vin… jk we are taking the vin back and giving it to someone else and you’ll get your car randomly because we don’t care about you at all, to start with they give a vin and production date in actual order from when the people ordered the cars, then from when the production begins, to it being painted, to everything being finally put all together, to checking the quality, then finally letting you know when it will be on a ship/ truck on its way to you, with accurate estimated date readings all throughout. Even If tesla does not change the amount of help the employees give the costumer, if they just changed the tracking system and its process it would be absolutely amazing

The expectations of a $100K car buyer are always going to be greater than those of an $18K buyer. Add insult to injury when Tesla offers to deliver your car by year end if you buy a $6500 seat upgrade, only to find out that the car won’t be delivered by year end and you’re now committed to an expensive upgrade.

In unofficial note few months ago, when i tesla personnel.from orlando office was one of my client ,in short’’ all remote locations are just sales ,delivery and repair service, we do not get any info more than you guys get, any one tell you he got inside information , it is a lie, it is been the policy since the beginning, got worse and hectic after M3 production “
Thank you so much for the info, the Orlando area tesla has been the place I’ve gotten all my teslas up until now and it was pretty good in my experience, but with that being said this was before 2020, I was wondering if the service was still the same or if it’s gotten worse but from what you’ve said I’m guessing this is a nationwide tesla issue and not a single location issue, but that completely sucks, wish tesla could go back to the 2018 and below days when they were actually great at service, I remember my 2017 model x and 18 s I instantly got a text and call from my salespeople letting me know what was going to happen, this year I didnt even know I had someone assigned to me until I actually went to the lot and asked, and yet I still don’t even know who it is, this process I’ve been completely clueless the whole time LOL

Before I start I’m sorry for the rant, I went to a tesla lot in Florida the other day, saw a red x sitting there, it was stunning to say the least since I hadn’t seen it in person until now, I asked a saleswoman inside and I’m not the type of person to be a complaining little Karen but the treatment was honestly terrible, I asked if there was any way she could help or give some info on the x deliveries and her exact words were “we have only had 2 deliveries of new model x, everything that shows on your account is all I can tell you”, then I said well I have a lease ending soon is there an estimate you can give me on the time it will get here since every month the date gets pushed back and her exact words were “well that’s just how tesla is sorry, I can’t help u with anything other than that” and I basically got dismissed in a way as she was showing that she didn’t care and didn’t want to help at all and was just tryna sell a car to some other people behind me, oh and she also said “you have a sales advisor connected to your order, if you need anything else they’ll reach out to u” and before I even got to ask who this person was or their email or number or how I could find out who they were, that was the end of the conversation, I’ve always loved tesla and have had a bunch since 2012 and never had any issues at all, but idk if it’s the pandemic or what but tesla in the recent year has turned into one of the worst, if not the worst car buying experience I’ve ever had, and I know this isn’t relevant but I’ve bought a simple Nissan, Toyota, and Mercedes before and I have a 115k bmw on order and they all basically kiss your ass and do anything you ask them to do and need help with and go out of their way for you, my bmw salesman literally emails me every week giving me updates and ETAs without me even having to ask or go to the dealership, meanwhile tesla with the many cars I’ve had from them and ordering a almost 130k car they treat you like they don’t care about you at all and can’t help with anything and they don’t care if you never buy a car from them ever again. I’m very disappointed and just hope things for tesla get better soon…
I really do think it’s a confluence of things out of Tesla’s control.

Now, paradoxically, Tesla COULD do better if they had a world class continuously-improving logistics-and-tracking system, like, say, the system developed by the people working for a particular other guy… blue balls…

The new order MX just went to May 2023, I'm wondering if Tesla is actually trying to scale back or even stop making them at some point in the future?
Shows January 2023 for me, I’m starting to wonder if my December 2020 pre-refresh order that switched to a refreshed model x order will even be delivered before my November 2021 order on my bmw M5 that’s supposed to come by June 2022

Shows January 2023 for me, I’m starting to wonder if my December 2020 pre-refresh order that switched to a refreshed model x order will even be delivered before my November 2021 order on my bmw M5 that’s supposed to come by June 2022

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211225-214129_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211225-214129_Samsung Internet.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 134
The new order MX just went to May 2023, I'm wondering if Tesla is actually trying to scale back or even stop making them at some point in the future?
White is May 2023 but any other color is Jan 2023. Plaid is Oct 22 in any color. These are based on 20 inch wheels (I didn't check 22s).

Last edited:
💯

Given the massive negative feedback I’ve seen today on Twitter, maybe it’s just as well I’m still waiting on my Model X.

It sounds like some user interface designer at Tesla forgot about First Principles and has REALLY messed up the latest design.

I’m not even wanting this update on our Y.