Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Merry Christmas and Happy page 700!

A quick question for the vinners, does your VIN show up on the My Account page for a yet-to-be-delivered car the same as they do for a car in your possession? I am wondering if I can just refresh the My Account page instead :)
Screenshot 2021-12-25 153347.png

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr

A quick question for the vinners, does your VIN show up on the My Account page for a yet-to-be-delivered car the same as they do for a car in your possession? I am wondering if I can just refresh the My Account page instead :)
View attachment 748324
In the app, it shows the VIN for me but not on the web page dashboard.

View attachment 748324
I was just clicking on the Model X and refreshing that page. The dashboard did not show the vin.

Before I start I’m sorry for the rant, I went to a tesla lot in Florida the other day, saw a red x sitting there, it was stunning to say the least since I hadn’t seen it in person until now, I asked a saleswoman inside and I’m not the type of person to be a complaining little Karen but the treatment was honestly terrible, I asked if there was any way she could help or give some info on the x deliveries and her exact words were “we have only had 2 deliveries of new model x, everything that shows on your account is all I can tell you”, then I said well I have a lease ending soon is there an estimate you can give me on the time it will get here since every month the date gets pushed back and her exact words were “well that’s just how tesla is sorry, I can’t help u with anything other than that” and I basically got dismissed in a way as she was showing that she didn’t care and didn’t want to help at all and was just tryna sell a car to some other people behind me, oh and she also said “you have a sales advisor connected to your order, if you need anything else they’ll reach out to u” and before I even got to ask who this person was or their email or number or how I could find out who they were, that was the end of the conversation, I’ve always loved tesla and have had a bunch since 2012 and never had any issues at all, but idk if it’s the pandemic or what but tesla in the recent year has turned into one of the worst, if not the worst car buying experience I’ve ever had, and I know this isn’t relevant but I’ve bought a simple Nissan, Toyota, and Mercedes before and I have a 115k bmw on order and they all basically kiss your ass and do anything you ask them to do and need help with and go out of their way for you, my bmw salesman literally emails me every week giving me updates and ETAs without me even having to ask or go to the dealership, meanwhile tesla with the many cars I’ve had from them and ordering a almost 130k car they treat you like they don’t care about you at all and can’t help with anything and they don’t care if you never buy a car from them ever again. I’m very disappointed and just hope things for tesla get better soon…

Before I start I’m sorry for the rant, I went to a tesla lot in Florida the other day, saw a red x sitting there, it was stunning to say the least since I hadn’t seen it in person until now, I asked a saleswoman inside and I’m not the type of person to be a complaining little Karen but the treatment was honestly terrible, I asked if there was any way she could help or give some info on the x deliveries and her exact words were “we have only had 2 deliveries of new model x, everything that shows on your account is all I can tell you”, then I said well I have a lease ending soon is there an estimate you can give me on the time it will get here since every month the date gets pushed back and her exact words were “well that’s just how tesla is sorry, I can’t help u with anything other than that” and I basically got dismissed in a way as she was showing that she didn’t care and didn’t want to help at all and was just tryna sell a car to some other people behind me, oh and she also said “you have a sales advisor connected to your order, if you need anything else they’ll reach out to u” and before I even got to ask who this person was or their email or number or how I could find out who they were, that was the end of the conversation, I’ve always loved tesla and have had a bunch since 2012 and never had any issues at all, but idk if it’s the pandemic or what but tesla in the recent year has turned into one of the worst, if not the worst car buying experience I’ve ever had, and I know this isn’t relevant but I’ve bought a simple Nissan, Toyota, and Mercedes before and I have a 115k bmw on order and they all basically kiss your ass and do anything you ask them to do and need help with and go out of their way for you, my bmw salesman literally emails me every week giving me updates and ETAs without me even having to ask or go to the dealership, meanwhile tesla with the many cars I’ve had from them and ordering a almost 130k car they treat you like they don’t care about you at all and can’t help with anything and they don’t care if you never buy a car from them ever again. I’m very disappointed and just hope things for tesla get better soon…

Try getting a Rolex or get on a Porsche GT3 waiting list. They won’t give a *sugar* either.

Does anybody know if adding FSD will push you to the back of the line ????? Because it seems fsd is getting priority even though my bone headed Tesla Rep told me since I was pre-refresh I would get priority even though a ton of ppl who ordered way later than me got delivery already.
Adding/removing FSD will not reset your place in line. I removed it from my car after I got a vin last time and took delivery at the same time as originally planned.

I hear ya. I'm truly disappointed myself. What's funny for me is that I recently visited a Mercedes dealership to check out the EQS. I passed on it and the very next day I got an email from the dealership checking in and asking for feedback through your typical survey. I completed it as they were superb with their customer service and told them I wouldn't be able to make it back with the wife to check out another vehicle due to her getting COVID. Not even a day later my sales rep himself sent me a very nice email wishing my wife well and practically letting me know he would be available to us once we were ready. He went above and beyond to take care of their customer even though I had just passed on a 116K car (but was looking at another). This is what Tesla once had and is now long gone. It felt like they were part of the fam. Nowadays, the only people that feel like fam are the customers as we try to navigate through zero communication with Tesla. Tesla makes great cars, but gives you a terrible experience. I keep hoping and praying it's the pandemic causing this, but deep down I know that's not the case. But here I am. You can't beat the MX. This experience will be behind me soon and I'll hopefully be a happy guy driving the kiddos around in my new MX.

I hear ya. I'm truly disappointed myself. What's funny for me is that I recently visited a Mercedes dealership to check out the EQS. I passed on it and the very next day I got an email from the dealership checking in and asking for feedback through your typical survey. I completed it as they were superb with their customer service and told them I wouldn't be able to make it back with the wife to check out another vehicle due to her getting COVID. Not even a day later my sales rep himself sent me a very nice email wishing my wife well and practically letting me know he would be available to us once we were ready. He went above and beyond to take care of their customer even though I had just passed on a 116K car (but was looking at another). This is what Tesla once had and is now long gone. It felt like they were part of the fam. Nowadays, the only people that feel like fam are the customers as we try to navigate through zero communication with Tesla. Tesla makes great cars, but gives you a terrible experience. I keep hoping and praying it's the pandemic causing this, but deep down I know that's not the case. But here I am. You can't beat the MX. This experience will be behind me soon and I'll hopefully be a happy guy driving the kiddos around in my new MX.
As a shareholder this experience has been unsettling to say the least..
I’ve owned multiple teslas and like the others have stated it was never this bad..
I always tell people that my model 3 is the best purchase I’ve ever made..
Now I can tell people “buying/waiting” for a Tesla is the worse purchasing process I’ve ever had..
It’s very tough to beat this experience and how bad it’s been..
my wife told me I’m crazy for still wanting this car..

I dealt with this situation few times as i had x which i sold this year, but sales and services there are not good at all , u might just get lucky on an individual bases, but most of them have no training and roll over is too high, i was hoping while i am waiting for my new X , it will be better.

Reactions: IAMCCF and LL#2
It’s so hard for me to process that tesla is totally okay with the fact that when you are having a conversation with someone about the experience of buying your new 130K car that you have been so excited for and waiting so long for, that you gotta be like “yea the car is wonderful but the experience getting it was….. well let’s just say it’s better to not talk about it” meanwhile anyone else spending any amount of money on any other car nowadays has a good if not great experience, it’s just sad to see tesla acting like an old days shady used car dealership having employees that are clueless and not saying any information at all and tricking people into switching to a higher cost car in this example paying the upgrade for the 6 seats to get it “faster” and still getting fu***d on the wait, it’s so sad this is the case, it truly is

Th
I dealt with this situation few times as i had x which i sold this year, but sales and services there are not good at all , u might just get lucky on an individual bases, but most of them have no training and roll over is too high, i was hoping while i am waiting for my new X , it will be better.
The type of vibe I’m getting from this is that (no shade to tesla employees almost all are great people) they seem to not have sales experience and not have clue and just go “by the book” or in this case by whatever your acccount page says, as if they can’t call a higher up or someone at the factory that potentially knows more info, it’s ironic because on every single car buying experience the salesperson never fails to hit you with the “let me ask my manager” line and in teslas case it’s more like “what no way I didn’t even know I had a manager”. On my bmw order my salesman is literally busting bmws factory’s balls trying to get me my car as fast as possible and I seriously am questioning weather the tesla salespeople even know the tesla factory’s number…

It makes sense that a commission based sales person is going to be willing to keep you on the string with constant updates and predictions. BMW executives will rarely communicate with you regarding your upcoming deliveries. Just the way it is.

With a million cars to be delivered next year by Tesla, 10 researched updates per order would be 10,000,000 phone calls in total. Not going to happen. They will reach out to you when they have the car ready to be delivered. No hand holding along the way.

This now 700 page thread shows just how needy buyers are. People checking their accounts scores of times a day. Cannot ever get enough information. Reality is that your car will get here when it gets here. Not a day sooner.

To leave it off on a positive note... this is the red with black interior x that was sitting there getting ready to be picked up, congrats to whoever is getting this beauty!

Also sorry for the terrible quality pictures, it’s screen shots from a Snapchat video since I can’t upload the video

Attachments

• 56272167-9BCF-44D2-A886-68BAEA5F6CCD.jpeg
    56272167-9BCF-44D2-A886-68BAEA5F6CCD.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 100
  • E968F64C-4908-449A-BA30-1943B088D08B.png
    E968F64C-4908-449A-BA30-1943B088D08B.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 94