Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There isn’t any proof anyone has provided. Pretty sure some of our 2020 folks waiting for 5/7 seaters would have received a VIN by now.
I feel like the 5/7 and Plaids are a bit like the first few X we saw. Couple of them, we thought floodgates would open, and then it was hush hush for awhile before any meaningful delivery volume happened

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
OK, I've got questions - how does this work given the weight restraints Tesla applies to this type of rack? I was surprised to read that it's limited to 120 pounds of weight (including the rack). I gather you're just ignoring the limits? I' not trying to start something, but I was hoping to carry up to 4 bikes myself and found the issue in the Model X manual.
I’ve got the same bike rack - the super duty version we both have you will be ok with the vertical limits with two adult normal bikes and maybe a third kids bike. Four adult bikes or two electric bikes would likely be stressing that vertical limit as the base rack with just two slots installed is around 40-45 pounds without any bikes on it.

On a side note, if you upgrade your bikes to be really nice carbon fiber ones you can shave a lot of weight and maybe sneak in under the limit. But then you’ll be carrying $40,000 of bikes on the back of your model X lol!

Just wonderful for those of us who switched to the 6 seater because it was promised to be delivered first. This is now looking more like a bait-and-switch, especially since December deliveries outside of California are now a write-off.

Exactly. People doubted me 2 months ago. It was a $ play for end of quarter/year as I stated with other industry manufacturing experience in a public company. I said that and all the Baloney about 5 and 7 seat middle bench being a supply issue. So glad I turned down 6 seater vs 7 seats. They refused to guarantee in writing 2021 delivery and we see 5/7 seat Plaids got moved ahead of even 6 seat LR's that were originally ordered or converted still not VIN'd.

Nvm 133 unless they are lying
547AB68E-02A4-446E-880E-5B584982E78D.png

I feel like the 5/7 and Plaids are a bit like the first few X we saw. Couple of them, we thought floodgates would open, and then it was hush hush for awhile before any meaningful delivery volume happened
Could be true but feels like it’s raining Plaids in Irvine. There have been like 5 in the last couple days. I think someone else on here got a VIN for one yesterday as well. If Irvine is like other So Cal SCs, that’s quite a few Plaids.

Exactly. People doubted me 2 months ago. It was a $ play for end of quarter/year as I stated with other industry manufacturing experience in a public company. I said that and all the Baloney about 5 and 7 seat middle bench being a supply issue.
Still absolutely no evidence of that claim. Tesla only gets paid when they deliver the vehicle, so the assertion actually makes no sense in light of them starting 5 or 7 seat deliveries before the 6 seat ones.

Reactions: NGKempf
I thought the profiles could be linked to the key/phone. This is a big deal for me since I am 6'5" and my wife is 5'3". This is going to be my first Tesla, but I read that somewhere. It works that way in our current non-Tesla cars.
Yes but for some reason when we both get in, it tends to guess incorrectly which driver profile to go by.

There will probably be plenty of MX Plaids in inventory before many of us get our VINs…. Tesla doesn’t give a crap about honoring its obligations to customers, just maximizing profit and they make more off the Plaid… relatively few want/need an SUV that goes that fast with less range to boot….

Reactions: 1pinhigh and Pdubb
There will probably be plenty of MX Plaids in inventory before many of us get our VINs…. Tesla doesn’t give a crap about honoring its obligations to customers, just maximizing profit and they make more off the Plaid… relatively few want/need an SUV that goes that fast with less range to boot….
Tesla is definitely a big time profit chaser but I doubt the Plaid is that much more profitable for them on the X. They are adding a 3rd motor + more warranty claims

Exactly. People doubted me 2 months ago. It was a $ play for end of quarter/year as I stated with other industry manufacturing experience in a public company. I said that and all the Baloney about 5 and 7 seat middle bench being a supply issue. So glad I turned down 6 seater vs 7 seats. They refused to guarantee in writing 2021 delivery and we see 5/7 seat Plaids got moved ahead of even 6 seat LR's that were originally ordered or converted still not VIN'd.

I’m taking that one twitter post with a grain of salt. We have yet to see any first hand accounts here take a 5/7 seater delivery I believe.