Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update
Went to Tesla Delivery Center at Colma, CA. To snoop around and check out first hand Refresh Model X. Everyhing i saw in the holding and ready for pick area is all PLAID Model X White, Black and Silver with different trims. I didn't see any LR at least from what is visible to me. I finally asked a sales rep regarding about my car and check how long it'll take to get it scheduled for delivery. After checking the computer he said your car is in fremont and waiting to be shipped, we'll notify you when its here. Not sure how accurate that is.

My question here is how long does it usually take from getting your VIN and getting it delivered?

Also i was going to trade in my 2019 Model 3 LR and they low balled me. They offered me 31K. I decided not to trade it in and went to carmax and got it appraised for 45K.
“In Fremont”
Yeah, in Fremont they have your Model X! The nuts and bolts are over here, the wheels are over THERE, the batteries over theeere…

I contacted my SA today as my orderversary (TeXlaversary?) is coming up on the 9th. I have to say he always responds to me quickly. Could be because I don't poke at him very often since I feel like following these forums has kept me well informed. In a nutshell, here's what he told me:
  • "a few" Model X LR have started coming through Atlanta
  • Feb EDD is just an estimate "based on anticipated production capacity and vehicle availability"
  • historically Tesla "does deliveries on a quarterly basis" so he anticipates between now and March 31 for my delivery
So nothing new there.

The most stunning news is that they delivered a Model X in my exact configuration just over a week ago.😲 I have decided not to even pursue the answer to the obvious question about the recipient's OD. Either they ordered before me and all's well, nothing's changed and I'm still waiting like before. Or they ordered after me and I get angry which won't change anything as I'll still be waiting.
It's great you didn't find out. For me, it has led me to a path of darkness and I have embraced the dark side. Don't follow my path. It's best to stay uninformed and play along so you can be happily waiting.

1641572814137.png

5/7 seat X Plaid have disappeared from configurator even worldwide, even though overseas orders don’t even have a price or delivery date now.

My pure speculative meaning of this, is that going forward, plaids will be exclusively with 6 seats, and if someone wants a 5/7, they’ll have to get a regular. I believe that they WILL fill current 5/7 plaid orders, and any future ones will be 6 seat only…

IF this is the case, pending 5/7 plaid owners might end up with unicorns that will hold value pretty well!

Wow. One thing to spot an imperfection up close, or with a magnifying glass, but the average joe could spot that from 30+ feet away. Almost looks like the FWD has been repainted. That's my fear and that's the type of vehicle I would walk away from. I don't think any amount of surgery could correct that. I used to appraise cars for a living and one would be highly suspicious of prior accident damage the way it looks.
There have been reports of front and FDW doors not closing completely with their soft closer mechanisms. Might be simply due to new gaskets that have not yet broken in, or in need of adjustments. Normally fresh cars will sit for a bit in transit or at delivery centers, but the EOY rush had most of the refreshed production going from factory production to delivery in just a day or so.

Update
Went to Tesla Delivery Center at Colma, CA. To snoop around and check out first hand Refresh Model X. Everyhing i saw in the holding and ready for pick area is all PLAID Model X White, Black and Silver with different trims. I didn't see any LR at least from what is visible to me. I finally asked a sales rep regarding about my car and check how long it'll take to get it scheduled for delivery. After checking the computer he said your car is in fremont and waiting to be shipped, we'll notify you when its here. Not sure how accurate that is.

My question here is how long does it usually take from getting your VIN and getting it delivered?

Also i was going to trade in my 2019 Model 3 LR and they low balled me. They offered me 31K. I decided not to trade it in and went to carmax and got it appraised for 45K.
It just took a couple of days for my car to get to Colma after being VINned. When your Delivery Configuration sheet appears in the portal (with the odometer reading) I think that's a sign it's at the delivery center. My Delivery Configuration sheet showed 16 miles on the odometer, which lead me to believe it was on the delivery lot so, like you, I drove over and found it (see earlier post in this thread with pics). In fact, you probably saw my white MXP -- I'm picking it up this afternoon!

Reactions: UCF3
The MX's w/22" I've seen in KC all came with all season Pirelli's. I don't recall the specific model and my pictures don't show it. Next time I find one I'll confirm the model.
Just zoomed into the photos I took of my MXP on the delivery lot. Looks like it's equipped with Continental SportContact 6 tires:

There are separate threads dedicated to the delivery checklist, but for convenience I added it as a tab to the bottom of the order tracking page.
View attachment 752988

How does everyone feel about the new insane mode on the Xs?
I think we all need to drive one first...

Today I had the opportunity to get up close and personal with a refreshed MX and it is such a beautiful vehicle.

However, I couldn't be more frustrated with and disgusted with Tesla. The owner had my exact configuration. But the kicker? He ordered in August and he didn't order that configuration. He said they randomly called him a few days ago and asked if he wanted that one instead, and he accepted.

He had my exact configuration and it sounded like someone passed on the vehicle for whatever reason and they just reached out to him randomly. My SA, while a nice guy, seems very new and uninformed so I called Fremont directly and asked WTH was going on. They confirmed my account is in good standing and everything is set up correctly, but "my" car is still in the build mode. I asked why I couldn't take this car since it was exactly what I ordered and I coudln't get an answer.

I hold no ill will towards the guy who got the car (note: he isn't a member here but I invited him to check it out. Brent, if you do join, thanks again for letting a complete stranger who randomly ran up to you in a parking lot put his grubby paws all over your car.) but I do hold ill will towards Tesla. I get all the "ship cars in bulk to regions" stuff, but this was a perfect fit for me with the identical configuration and same service center and an OD 5 months prior. The only reason I was skipped over was poor customer service.

/rant

On a positive note, the car looked fantastic. No noticeable panel gaps or paint chips or anything.

It just took a couple of days for my car to get to Colma after being VINned. When your Delivery Configuration sheet appears in the portal (with the odometer reading) I think that's a sign it's at the delivery center. My Delivery Configuration sheet showed 16 miles on the odometer, which lead me to believe it was on the delivery lot so, like you, I drove over and found it (see earlier post in this thread with pics). In fact, you probably saw my white MXP -- I'm picking it up this afternoon!
yea they wouldn't let me snoop around the far wall lol. the delivery config is in my portal though so i hope it is there. theres a paked MXP next to the other building. its white. look inside and theres a bunch of internal parts inside. i think its the dashboard, so this might give us a clue on one of many parts thats missing or broken

Reactions: BryWay
5/7 seat X Plaid have disappeared from configurator even worldwide, even though overseas orders don’t even have a price or delivery date now.

My pure speculative meaning of this, is that going forward, plaids will be exclusively with 6 seats, and if someone wants a 5/7, they’ll have to get a regular. I believe that they WILL fill current 5/7 plaid orders, and any future ones will be 6 seat only…

IF this is the case, pending 5/7 plaid owners might end up with unicorns that will hold value pretty well!
I don’t understand the reasoning behind that. If they want higher margin, just jack up the price of Plaid. What makes it so hard to put the bench seats in the Plaid?

Reactions: Gurl3x4me
Today I had the opportunity to get up close and personal with a refreshed MX and it is such a beautiful vehicle.

However, I couldn't be more frustrated with and disgusted with Tesla. The owner had my exact configuration. But the kicker? He ordered in August and he didn't order that configuration. He said they randomly called him a few days ago and asked if he wanted that one instead, and he accepted.

He had my exact configuration and it sounded like someone passed on the vehicle for whatever reason and they just reached out to him randomly. My SA, while a nice guy, seems very new and uninformed so I called Fremont directly and asked WTH was going on. They confirmed my account is in good standing and everything is set up correctly, but "my" car is still in the build mode. I asked why I couldn't take this car since it was exactly what I ordered and I coudln't get an answer.

I hold no ill will towards the guy who got the car (note: he isn't a member here but I invited him to check it out. Brent, if you do join, thanks again for letting a complete stranger who randomly ran up to you in a parking lot put his grubby paws all over your car.) but I do hold ill will towards Tesla. I get all the "ship cars in bulk to regions" stuff, but this was a perfect fit for me with the identical configuration and same service center and an OD 5 months prior. The only reason I was skipped over was poor customer service.

/rant

On a positive note, the car looked fantastic. No noticeable panel gaps or paint chips or anything.
AUGUST order!??!?!?!?!? This makes NO sense..........It's like they went to the most current order with the same pick up location and called them to make the quick sale. Instead of putting in the effort to search for the oldest order with the SAME config. SMH

I called the Fremont number now and the guy gave the worst prediction for 5 or 7 seaters that I have heard so far which is way out of my worst case scenario. The guy who answered my call asked me for my reservation number to verify and told me that they are focussing on 6 seaters and 5 or 7 seaters are few months or even up to a year out. I asked him about the year comment again and he repeated himself that they are only focused on 6 seaters now and I can take delivery if I switch to 6 seater by March (which I declined). Bottom line is don’t expect 5 or 7 seaters anytime soon. 😔