Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard from Tesla today! Really. Scout's honor. They sent an email informing me they're changing my delivery to a new facility in my county that just opened versus the previous one located the next county over. Difference in miles to pick up my new X? About the same. Anything about a VIN or delivery date? Don't be silly.

But at least they know I'm out here... waiting... and waiting... and waiting. I will never attend a performance of Waiting for Godot again -- likely to suffer a serious case of stage play rage. I suspect ripping out my seat and tossing it at the actors would result in negative feedback from the ushers.

MX LR, Blue, 5-seater, 2/6/21 order date
I got the same message moving to the Kennesaw delivery location. I also have Blue 5/seater on order, hope they deliver on 5 seaters, I need the cargo space not the extra seats!

Reactions: Vitaman
I have an embarrassing question and I am sure there is a specific google search term that could give me the answer but I am relying on this support group to provide the answer nonetheless.

How do I spot a refresh X on the street without waiting to see steering wheel vs yoke? I am especially thinking about spotting one while driving. Is there a front side feature that differentiates the refresh from the earlier versions?

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I have an embarrassing question and I am sure there is a specific google search term that could give me the answer but I am relying on this support group to provide the answer nonetheless.

How do I spot a refresh X on the street without waiting to see steering wheel vs yoke? I am especially thinking about spotting one while driving. Is there a front side feature that differentiates the refresh from the earlier versions?
Below the front head lights.
Refresh has the M3/Y type fog lights.
Old ones have the older style with metal slats (someone will post a picture)

Reactions: usctrojan98
How many people (and for how long) have been stuck with TBD?

I'm strongly beginning to think that my Q4 2021 6 seat order is going to come before my Q2 5 seat order given all of the talk today.
Checked this morning and our EDD went from TBD (where its been for a few weeks) to February on the front screen of the app. 5/21 order (red, cream, 7, 22”). Wondering if being in NM is going to slow things down for us as I can’t imagine there are many orders coming here. Not in a huge hurry but I’d sure like to take delivery by March.

Ok guys, I admit I took a few days off from the forum as I know I’m not getting my, June Plaid order in February no matter what the web site says.Not suspecting nothing, I tune back In for an update and BAM! A sucker punch to the head!! I learned from our group here , not from Tesla, that Tesla has decided that they don’t care to produce the 5 seat Plaid after a year of offering it for order like they actually planned to manufacture what they advertised.. Decided to ditch yet another normal production configuration after , what? ,maybe a year of careful and secret deliberation. In their arrogance,They know I don’t want the extra room the 5 seat offers because??? Apparently it’s inconvenient for them to bolt a 3 across seat in a Plaid like they are doing on the LR ones going down the line next to them when they could bolt in six seats instead??? What the Hell kind of logic is that ?
Anyone here connected enough to know what the plan is for us stupid annoying customers who actually ordered what we were sold? Think they will deign to allow us to keep our plaid orders and place in line if we just agree to the additional cost of six seats that we don’t want?
Wait, didn’t they just do that to our LR friends ? They did what they promised there didn’t they?. Didn’t they?
Interestingly...I waited from Nov 2012 to Sept 2016 for the first ex to appear it was supposed to have a bench seat. When it arrived no fold down bench seat only three sculpted seats in the 3rd row or remove the middle. Removing the middle is still an after thought, because the seats dont have interior armrests which is ackward. I ended up getting the 6 seater in Jan of 2017 and again last month. So the must have actually come out with the bench seat in 2018. I sat in one in summer of 2019 very uncomfortable. In 2016 the forums were furious and many just want to remove the seats, but there is alot of electrical and warranty issues. Back to where they started in Sept 2016. I understand people's concerns because these new threads are identical complaints. The six seat is very nice. Would be better if they folded...guessing really Tesla is just making one seat and puts four in the six seater...since the rear seats dont have an interior arm. I use my Tesla like a Truck..haha, but have a pickup for bigger things and towing for my business.

Reactions: jkhanesq

Front fog lights. Google pics of the old model and refresh, you’ll quickly notice the difference.

That‘s what I meant, keeping the 3rd row folded in as the user is asking if he/she can just go with 4 seats.
Right if you read my other post today...this is a 100 percent repeat of what happened when the X finally came out after 4 yrs of waiting. Instead of a bench seat as promised they only delivered 6 seaters. All the same questions and ideas. Many waited to pull the second row out.
I attached a link to the seat removal process. Probably voids your warranty and no you cant order it that way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-110748_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-110748_Chrome.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Ferrari ex
I've been out of pocket for most of this week with work craziness and travel.. Any consistent updates on 6 seat LR deliveries? Just hanging out over here with my Jan 14 2021 order in the never VINner club.
I'm guessing you and JDcleary are both picking up in Minneapolis, so thats the issue. You're just not on the main delivery route yet.
I normally pickup in Highland Park, but I changed it to Schaumburg this time. I was the 5th car out of Schaumburg. Highland Park zero. If your SC wasn't down the center of the country..for the most part..you haven't gotten a car yet.