Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is both great and depressing...

I remember around the M3 ramp, Elon responded about certain Tesla sales centers giving price discounts for end of quarter pushes (maybe floor models?) and he said "if you can't explain to another customer why certain customers get a discount and not you without feeling embarrassed, then you should not be doing it".

Sort of similar situation. I miss that Tesla.
Couldn’t agree more.

I hope so! I've got one measly bachelors degree and half a masters I likely will never finish.. haha
Oh ye of little faith. Lord Elon hath spoken on this as well. Degrees mean little or nothing, saith He. Fear not; you are a part of the flock. Your X shall cometh to you thusly, in due time.

Hail Elon, Father of Oh my G*wd acceleration, blessed art thou among geeks.

/all in fun, no serious sacrilege offense intended. 😝

I don’t think you’re odd at all. I have the exact same sentiment. Or maybe we’re both odd, who knows.

When someone hypes up a movie it doesn’t matter how good the movie is, I always seem to be let down. I’m concerned that because so many people have told me how amazing owning a Tesla is, I won’t be as impressed as I would be if I was left to discover things on my own. Throw in the fact that I have probably seen every single video about the X (if not all of them, its pretty dang close), I wont have that “wow” feeling of discovering new hidden gems like I have on most other new cars I’ve owned.

Either way, I’ve been waiting for over 10 months for this car and I am way too stubborn to give up on it now, so love it or hate it, Im getting a Tesla (hopefully).
I’ve been driving the Y occasionally for almost a year now, and I can tell you, it only gets better.

It’s such a pleasure to drive. I absolutely love Tesla.

Reactions: TallBill and CoryMD
Does anyone know if the 2 captains chairs and 3 seat split bench can be swapped? If they stick me with a 6 seater, I'm hoping that there will be someone with an LR that wants the 6 seater instead of 7 and just didn't order the 6 seater because it's more expensive than the 7 seater....and will be willing to swap.
It's a nice idea but that won't be an option for you. The captain's chairs cannot be swapped with the 3 person bench. The floor mounting is different for each.

I feel for your dilemma. I'm confused why Tesla didn't make the captain's chairs removable or fold forward. If they had, they would be getting $3k more from me. I actually love the captain's chairs. Perfect for our 4 person family (with a dog) and adds the option to carry a couple more. The 3rd row folded gives us plenty of weekend getaway hauling space. I didn't decline the 6 seat "acceleration" option because I didn't want to spend $3k. I declined because I wouldn't get the car we want.

Not mad at this guy but very messed up on Teslas part sooooo they have cars they could give us ppl thats been waiting a year but they just choose not to? Oh okay 🙂
Does it help if 1) I'm a gal 2) I had also been waiting 7+ months (not a year or more I know) for my original LR reservation.... I agree though it's not fair y'all

5/7 seat Plaid

there will be no 5/7 plaids.

In Europeeven they are not taking orders for 5/7 plaid, where deliveries for new orders are at least 1.5-2 years out.
Thanks from the members of the group who have Plaid 5 and 7 seat orders. I am very upset with the arrogance and lack of customer focus that Tesla continues to demonstrate but at least I am forewarned by this news. By the time we get the “call”, if they even bother, we can at least be prepared in our responses instead of being blindsided. This is critically important early information and even if it is more bad news, it’s information that we can use to plan with. You could have just as easily not delivered this , but I certainly do appreciate hearing it here first!

Scratch that, seems like someone messed up the spreadsheet. No 5 or 7 seat deliveries yet =(
My guess is 5/7 seats aren't available to Tesla yet (backordered) and they are doing a plaid production run want to just finish those off and have something to make/not change the line over again, in order to hold over until they can get the seats for LR orders.
Just a note of thanks from the impacted group of Plaid orders on the forum. Although I am really upset with Tesla and the lack of consideration for their customers
Sorry butt posted this halfway done to our inside source…… my bad