Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we need to start becoming more vocal about all the non communication. Did you guys see that letter a bunch of S orderers sent over to Tesla? Maybe us X orderers should do the same? It's time to start pressing for real answers. This *sugar* is going on for too long now!
They wrote back to the S letter writers and told them essentially nothing. If we write a letter, they’ll say the same thing. Even if they did give a date, it wouldn’t mean anything. I had a date of April a few months ago, and they clearly missed that. I now have a date of September, but seeing as they’re not far now from missing August, pretty sure they’ll miss my September date as well. I don’t know why they even bother putting a date at all. They should just say “you’ll get it when you get it,” as that would at least be honest. At this point, I'm just hoping for 2021.

I have been looking at other options lately, but don’t see anything else I want enough to cause me to cancel my X order. I am looking forward to a time though when Tesla will have some real competition and won’t be able to get away with this nonsense. It’s not going to fly forever, and I hate being part of the reason that they get away with it.

To an extent. Supposedly, the Renesas problem should be resolved in that the factory floor affected should already be back up and running since around July 30th. Hopefully, things will improve although the backlog is huge. I had posted this on the S Delivery thread but it got buried in amongst all the postings there.

Renesas aims for full return of fire-hit chip plant by July
I think we just need some patience (and saying this I am not a patient person). Plant fires are not something that can just be resolved.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
[snip] I don’t know why they even bother putting a date at all. They should just say “you’ll get it when you get it,” as that would at least be honest. [snip]
I had September for a little bit, but it went away and it's been at "we'll contact you". Technically more honest, but it can't be that hard to say "Somewhere between September and March 2021", right? Maybe with a "We're hard at work, but chip shortage."
In any case, they should not have a computer generate delivery months, while not feeding it sufficient information (which appears to be what's happening).

I had September for a little bit, but it went away and it's been at "we'll contact you". Technically more honest, but it can't be that hard to say "Somewhere between September and March 2021", right? Maybe with a "We're hard at work, but chip shortage."
In any case, they should not have a computer generate delivery months, while not feeding it sufficient information (which appears to be what's happening).
When did you order?

Attachments

• CCADD1FF-F76F-46EA-A411-D60B730C819F.png
    CCADD1FF-F76F-46EA-A411-D60B730C819F.png
    348.9 KB · Views: 89
I think we're all at the prepare for delivery state. It's my first Tesla order so I could be wrong, but that just means enter your info. I've had that from the beginning.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 3.14.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 3.14.29 PM.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 72
Feb 14th, no VIN, just a hopeful picture in my tesla account. I'm in Europe, which might have an effect on the delivery timeframe.
Did any SA or support reach out to you since your reservation? I get a “confirmed no MS or MX delivery for Belgium in 2021 but will get back to you soon” whenever I contact the showroom or SA in Brussels/Zeebrugge. Appears they are clueless and only deflecting the frustration(feel bad for them as well).

They wrote back to the S letter writers and told them essentially nothing. If we write a letter, they’ll say the same thing. Even if they did give a date, it wouldn’t mean anything. I had a date of April a few months ago, and they clearly missed that. I now have a date of September, but seeing as they’re not far now from missing August, pretty sure they’ll miss my September date as well. I don’t know why they even bother putting a date at all. They should just say “you’ll get it when you get it,” as that would at least be honest. At this point, I'm just hoping for 2021.

I have been looking at other options lately, but don’t see anything else I want enough to cause me to cancel my X order. I am looking forward to a time though when Tesla will have some real competition and won’t be able to get away with this nonsense. It’s not going to fly forever, and I hate being part of the reason that they get away with it.
I agree in principle. However, if I had no rough delivery date (I realize “rough” is a very generous word here), and I had been waiting 7 months as I have, I would certainly have to go buy another ICE vehicle. I don’t believe any of the competition have worked through the manufacturing and product issues they will need to before they have a good, working, and aesthetically pleasing product. No other EV manufacturer is even close on charging infrastructure either.
As far as being part of the reason they are getting away with this, yes, you are right we are both guilty of that. You are absolutely right that Tesla will not be able to get away with their terrible service much longer, and even with all of their growing pains etc., they should absolutely be doing much better. The part where I differ is, that without Tesla, the electric car market would be nowhere right now. None of the big companies would be supporting EV development at all. They'd just be pumping out crappy little four cylinder cars with turbos on them to Make their EPA requirements. For that reason, I am willing to give Tesla a little more time, but that time is definitely growing short.

Reactions: JTWIRE
Feb 14th, no VIN, just a hopeful picture in my tesla account. I'm in Europe, which might have an effect on the delivery timeframe.
I'm from Europe too and are betting it will have A LOT of effect on delivery. Ordered later than you, beginning of June, but not anticipating anything until Q2 at the earliest. Unfortunately.. Said Q1 when ordering, but that won't happen..