Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough haha. Fortunately there are restrooms at the site. But your comment leads me to ask any 5-seaters out there- How ‘nice’ is it to sleep in a 5 seater? Keep in mind I only am planning on a one night sleep at a time.

I know a lot of full paid 6-seaters are annoyed at the free upgrade for others, and rightfully so, but there are without a doubt people like me who are really unhappy with being forced into a seat config change. For me, the 5 seat was perfect for multiple reasons.
I was really unhappy that they asked me to change to 6 seats from 7 even for free. It just doesn’t work for my family with 3 kids. I had no choice but to downgrade to a base X @ current pricing, which is more than what I would’ve paid if I ordered the base X in first place. I already received the email confirmation that my order has been updated. We’ve been camping multiple times (though not sleep inside the car) with my current 7 seats X and we could barely fit everything in there, including a Yeti wheeled cooler and a Weber traveler grill, and there is no way with a 6 seater.

I am just really disappointed at how Tesla handled this production change. They‘ve always been making 5/7 seater X in performance variants and now they want to simplify production more but then why even offer 5/7 on base? Just sell 6 seaters only and call it a day and continue pushing your customers away.

so I scooped an inventory model S refresh. My Model X LR has an EDD of February 2022 like everyone else (ordered April 2020). White/white/5 seat. I'd actually be paying 6k for more the Model S than the Model X. I'd like to possibly use the S until the X is ready then sell the S, but I'd like to not lose a lot of money. Ideally sell for at least 101k. Anyone have thoughts on this?
I did similar: bought a CPO Model X while I wait for the refresh. Reduced the stress of waiting. A nice upgrade from the 2014 Model S that we had previously. We like the CPO enough that Mrs. G wants me to consider canceling the Model X reservation (or flipping it if I want the hassle).

75A01464-BAD2-465F-9A51-69790412ABBE.jpeg

Lol ok…..