Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So even though mine is still at Nov. It will be pushed back 4 months as well come October?

Why doesn't tesla push back all orders at once? Why play this game?
Tesla is obviously hoping to catch up over time... So, maybe your November delivery will be actually in January or February...

Of course, that's assuming my August delivery really does happen in December... Telling us December just means that they promised their boss that they will get it done by the end of 4th Quarter... and we know how that kind of promise goes...

Cadillac's Lyriq is RWD only, and any assertion it or any other EV will even be available in volume is hilarious. All of this isn't new. Tesla's delays. Tesla's lack of communication. People's frustration with those two things. And the idle threats of buying something else when there's pretty much not much else to buy.

For those who never read Don Quixote, the part where he is literally tilting at windmills was the lesson you can apply to ordering a new car from Tesla. You can get angry and frustrated all you want, but it's wasted energy because it changes nothing.
Agreed. I just did a 1000 mile road trip in my Model 3. It was easy because of the superchargers. I would never attempt that in an EV without the supercharger network.

I anticipate a lot of soon-to-be non-Tesla EV owners are going to be quite frustrated when they try to go on a road trip. 300 mile epa range simply isn’t enough in real world driving without frequent quick charging options. I don’t believe Tesla’s network will be open to other manufacturers anytime soon (in the US) despite what’s been announced.

Reactions: focher
Cadillac's Lyriq is RWD only, and any assertion it or any other EV will even be available in volume is hilarious. All of this isn't new. Tesla's delays. Tesla's lack of communication. People's frustration with those two things. And the idle threats of buying something else when there's pretty much not much else to buy.

For those who never read Don Quixote, the part where he is literally tilting at windmills was the lesson you can apply to ordering a new car from Tesla. You can get angry and frustrated all you want, but it's wasted energy because it changes nothing.
Said so well, it always feels better to complain though........

• Funny
Reactions: jbrowdy and focher
EVERYONE is experiencing this crappy shortage. Shoot, even my air conditioner that went out last week has backordered parts everywhere. The few people that have parts are charging 5-10x the price for them knowing they can get away with it. My wife is in the shipping industry and China is playing their games well within that realm so it's super expensive to ship anything right now. So it's hell all around. Even the food my cat eats has a shortage, and he's a diabetic. Meanwhile, I'm still without AC downstairs, but happy I have two units. I think I found a solution to the problem, so we shall see how it works out today without too much of a markup.

Trust me, I'm angry I can't upgrade my Model 3 to a Model X, but this is first world problems we're experiencing compared to other parts of the world or industries.

EVERYONE is experiencing this crappy shortage. Shoot, even my air conditioner that went out last week has backordered parts everywhere. The few people that have parts are charging 5-10x the price for them knowing they can get away with it. My wife is in the shipping industry and China is playing their games well within that realm so it's super expensive to ship anything right now. So it's hell all around. Even the food my cat eats has a shortage, and he's a diabetic. Meanwhile, I'm still without AC downstairs, but happy I have two units. I think I found a solution to the problem, so we shall see how it works out today without too much of a markup.

Trust me, I'm angry I can't upgrade my Model 3 to a Model X, but this is first world problems we're experiencing compared to other parts of the world or industries.
Well said.

Reactions: Kaos_X
I couldn’t wait for MX and ordered MY in mid April , I’m happy with it. Carmax gave very high estimate (little less price than what I paid for) but Tesla has given 10k less estimate. Not sure what’s the best way … does trading MY for MX has any advantage? Or should I just sell to who ever gives me best price .
BTW Tesla only sent me text to trade in for Y couple of days ago .