Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this is just a glitch in the design studio.

Attachments

• chrome_IAUatikB38.png
    chrome_IAUatikB38.png
    316.9 KB · Views: 86
  • chrome_c7WJ9VLwrU.png
    chrome_c7WJ9VLwrU.png
    276.1 KB · Views: 69
My wife drove the Mach-E and liked it. But she wants the premium model and it’s impossible to find. Ford posts cars that aren’t available on its website to suck you in to calling a dealership. The dealers do the same thing. Super shady. Dealers were telling me it would be about four months to get a Mach-E if you ordered one.
I’ll just buy a Tesla because there is nothing in this world that will convince me the dealership experience is worth anything!

Reactions: CDT
There is zero chance the Model S or X are getting that battery because that battery is not in production. At best, the Cybertruck will get it first and it might trickle down to other models much later. We’re talking years, not months.
Kato Road is on the scale of other battery factories,,“in the top 10”, so could probably make enough cells for S and X in addition to Semi and Roadster. IMO Plaid+ was cancelled because of ramping difficulties (damaged rollers, etc), not because Plaid was “good enough”; deadlines needed to be met. Meanwhile new packs have been used in test vehicles. As soon as volume production gets the green light the two new gigas will get the plans and Plus packs will make their way into vehicles. I would really like to have that 500 mile Model X but doubt this delay has anything to do with waiting for new cells, just like Berlin has a backup plan to start with current cell packaging.

Time for Mach E or wait wait wait with no trust of a date of delivery……crazy just wish we could get facts instead of FAKE news
I can't deal with dealers any more. These days they're getting customers served up on a platter so half of them don't even bother try selling you a car. MachE might be a good car, but you're better off finding a used Raven MX if you need something immediately.

Nobody knows if this is even a real push back. Most peoples delivery dates still holding. Tesla’s order and delivery software is so bad that the only thing it’s good for is spotting trends in delivery, not accepting it in small areas as in any way accurate. Only time will tell.
The fact that nobody knows if this is a real pushback is THE problem with Tesla.

Fck this sh*T

The fact that nobody knows if this is a real pushback is THE problem with Tesla.

Fck this sh*T
I ordered almost 5 months ago and still have no trust in my delivery date. With the click of a keystroke, they can change the date and then its too bad for me. Wait, I don't take too kindly to this kind of treatment. There is zero accurate communication and all we do is wait and wait. Kind of makes you want to pull the plug on the order and say I'm moving on. Next year looks like a big year for EVs, so they will loose there market share soon enough.

Reactions: croman and MxTaycan
I ordered almost 5 months ago and still have no trust in my delivery date. With the click of a keystroke, they can change the date and then its too bad for me. Wait, I don't take too kindly to this kind of treatment. There is zero accurate communication and all we do is wait and wait. Kind of makes you want to pull the plug on the order and say I'm moving on. Next year looks like a big year for EVs, so they will loose there market share soon enough.
I recommend you don’t cancel your reservation but sell it once delivery gets closer if you don’t want car then.

Someone will happily pay you something to save $10k (or more by then). Buyer would have to accept your exact configuration but they’ll be someone out there who will with the high demand for these cars. I recently did this with an old MY reservation. I was able to transfer title before delivery through Tesla rep. over phone. You gain nothing by canceling.

I recommend you don’t cancel your reservation but sell it once delivery gets closer if you don’t want car then.

Someone will happily pay you something to save $10k (or more by then). Buyer would have to accept your exact configuration but they’ll be someone out there who will with the high demand for these cars. I recently did this with an old MY reservation. I was able to transfer title before delivery through Tesla rep. over phone. You gain nothing by canceling.
I don't think cancel, but I am looking at other makes, Cadillac has a new one coming out and I really think highly of the F-150. Just no communication is the issue.

I don't think cancel, but I am looking at other makes, Cadillac has a new one coming out and I really think highly of the F-150. Just no communication is the issue.
I agree, Cadillac's looks really pretty. 300 mile range mentioned. I have Sept still showing but don't expect it till Dec. at the earliest. The lack of an email just explaining what is happening is disappointing.

Reactions: hcdavis3 and JTWIRE
Cadillac's Lyriq is RWD only, and any assertion it or any other EV will even be available in volume is hilarious. All of this isn't new. Tesla's delays. Tesla's lack of communication. People's frustration with those two things. And the idle threats of buying something else when there's pretty much not much else to buy.

For those who never read Don Quixote, the part where he is literally tilting at windmills was the lesson you can apply to ordering a new car from Tesla. You can get angry and frustrated all you want, but it's wasted energy because it changes nothing.

Cadillac's Lyriq is RWD only, and any assertion it or any other EV will even be available in volume is hilarious. All of this isn't new. Tesla's delays. Tesla's lack of communication. People's frustration with those two things. And the idle threats of buying something else when there's pretty much not much else to buy.

For those who never read Don Quixote, the part where he is literally tilting at windmills was the lesson you can apply to ordering a new car from Tesla. You can get angry and frustrated all you want, but it's wasted energy because it changes nothing.
I’d rather deal with lack of communication from Tesla than ever go and deal with a dealer again. Everyone needs to remember that there is a global pandemic with significant impacts on supplies like chips etc.