Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from a new sales advisor from Tesla yesterday to talk about my order (this is in Europe!). She told me that it is now confirmed that the X orders in Europe will not ship before Q1 2022 (so basically one year delay over the time shown at ordering). :eek: . My order is from January (pre-refresh announcement).

• Informative
Reactions: elguapo
I got a call from a new sales advisor from Tesla yesterday to talk about my order (this is in Europe!). She told me that it is now confirmed that the X orders in Europe will not ship before Q1 2022 (so basically one year delay over the time shown at ordering). :eek: . My order is from January (pre-refresh announcement).
What was the earlier ETA you had?
My SA/contact had mentioned that Benulux MX deliveries will not be more than 2 months off from US deliveries once they start(inspite of Tilburg closure). I had September showing earlier and my ETA is now November(post refresh order)

Soooooooo

Attachments

• CC66FB23-3E1A-4F5A-B39C-086A744388F9.jpeg
    CC66FB23-3E1A-4F5A-B39C-086A744388F9.jpeg
    295.4 KB · Views: 148
Hi, I'm living in Germany. Ordered my MX LR in 11/2020. First I had a delivery date March/April 2021 for the old MX. Then updated order to new MX in 01/2021, then had a est. del. date of June/July. Since March 2021 I have a "-" 😴. Called Tesla this week: "end of 2021, beginning of 2022".

Was waiting to see what happens with the X (haven’t ordered) but don’t think I’m willing to wait until 2022.

Also not willing to deal with the recent price increases on the Y.

I’m going to test drive a Mazda CX-9 in the next few days.

Nice handle - a great Bermudian drink. I'm probably going to have a couple after this article.

So, hmm... I've got to say if this is even remotely true boy has Tesla screwed the pooch. While I can understand production can have problems, surely, you would THINK that before shutting down an entire production run, they would have gone through some testing prior to that. A solid year of non-production will hurt them - heck this is already long in the tooth no matter how you look at it. If either Berlin or Texas gets online before this, at this point I wouldn't be all that surprised.

Tesla - not Musk - needs to address this situation better than they have.

Nice handle - a great Bermudian drink. I'm probably going to have a couple after this article.

So, hmm... I've got to say if this is even remotely true boy has Tesla screwed the pooch. While I can understand production can have problems, surely, you would THINK that before shutting down an entire production run, they would have gone through some testing prior to that. A solid year of non-production will hurt them - heck this is already long in the tooth no matter how you look at it. If either Berlin or Texas gets online before this, at this point I wouldn't be all that surprised.

Tesla - not Musk - needs to address this situation better than they have.

Haha thanks.

As the article notes, it's still unclear if this is a production problem (i.e. full scale production now in Q3?) or a demand issue (so much pent up that demand that if you were to place a new order, it won't be ready for several months due to an order backlog?).

Haha thanks.

As the article notes, it's still unclear if this is a production problem (i.e. full scale production now in Q3?) or a demand issue (so much pent up that demand that if you were to place a new order, it won't be ready for several months due to an order backlog?).
I think it might work out for me in the end. What I really wanted was the refreshed Model X Plaid with the new batteries that the S Plaid+ is getting for the extended range. Maybe by the time the Xs become available again that will be an option. I think I'm going to get a Model Y in the meantime.

Reactions: TallBill
I think it might work out for me in the end. What I really wanted was the refreshed Model X Plaid with the new batteries that the S Plaid+ is getting for the extended range. Maybe by the time the Xs become available again that will be an option. I think I'm going to get a Model Y in the meantime.
More snd more I am wondering if Elon has some super stuff he’ s adding and that’s what’s taking the time…..

Reactions: DIL
Just placed my order for the X plaid. Hate how it is super delayed as I needed the car by August but just means I keep my 3 a bit longer than expected. To be honest I tried to find a replacement and nothing that beat that instant torque. Test drove the rsq8, cayenne turbo, gle 63s, and x7m and they just feel so sluggish. Maybe because I didn't drive an ice for couple years but man I couldn't pull the trigger on any of them. Granted the interior blows Tesla out the water and even going 85+ there is no wind noise in the cabin. I think I made the correct decision and quite frankly holding out til Porsche goes ev with the cayenne. I really couldn't get over how nice German interiors are especially that gle 63s.

Reactions: Vitaman