Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only correlation between details and EDD is order date from what I saw based on everyone's past posts for the new refresh MX. Ordering today will not get you anything earlier than Jan/Feb in terms of an assigned EDD on the website. The real EDD probably won't get updated until late this month or early next month if we're lucky.

But here are my details:
Order Date: 01/27/21
Long Range
6-Seat Option
White
Black Interior
21" Wheels
No FSD (I'm not retarded again. Learned my lesson).

Estimated Delivery Month: September
I hear what Tezhed9802 is saying, but I am with you! We have all been paying R&D dollars for years. I also don't believe in FSD. It's hard enough to teach humans who can think and react to drive. Tesla has a massive supercomputer, years of R&D and tons of work towards FSD. Let's all channel our money and effort into making sure humans know how to drive properly and not drive intoxicated.

Anyway, off my soapbox. I am really mad at myself for canceling my initial order in January. I'd probably have a more pleasant EDD had I not done that!

Using the R word itself says a lot about someone.

I'm a current S owner since 2016 and getting the LR X. I'm not in a rush since the S is so great. I'm going to see how this shakes out since the X is a lot more of a gamble than the S with it's complexity and Tesla's history of slapdash construction.

I've seen some great improvements in the S and translating those to the X will address a lot of my concerns.

Blue LR white 6 seats, walnut, FSD locked in but not decided.

EDD Jan/Feb 2022.
Using the R word itself says a lot about someone
Excellent point. Poor choice of words, but agree that FSD is not wise. At a minimum, pay for it later, when it works. Not now.

Also agree on complexity. MX was really over engineered with some unecessary stuff. That said, like most things Tesla, they do most things very well and you put up with the bugs because what is not buggy is so awesome.

Loved my X. Regret getting rid of it.

MS was amazing for the week I drove it. MX is both more dorky looking and more practical. My kids are all bigger than me at this point and drive. But, we like to all go in one car for certain family events. MS makes that nearly impossible.

Reactions: Ormond
I have never had an estimated delivery date since my March 2021 order. My long-tenured SA says to expect September/October. Model X LR, order #RN11469xxxx, MSM, cream/walnut, 6-seat config, 20" wheels.
If you trust your SA, next time you talk to him or her, do you mind asking about priority of LR vs. Plaid. Clearly MS priority has been more expensive Plaid.

Reactions: DIL
THis waiting room is getting bigger and bigger.

I cannot find any news since May about model X delivery.

Has the model X refresh delivery started?
My initial estimate was Q1 2022 in Europe, bur not I belive it will be Q2 or even Q3 if they to not start the Model X production soon :(

No real news, but one was spotted on the road yesterday:

Seems like a close to finished pre-prod model.

I'm still holding steady at August EDD but if we don't see those dates start getting more specific soon... it's very unlikely to see delivery before Sept at the earliest. Especially if they prioritize Plaid, then there's seat layout, and tire size. Who knows what the roll out will be.

I guess my comment got moved to another thread called "snippiness" where @Stro responded and used the R word again, SMH.

I understand if someone is bothered by FSD not being fully available yet, but there are better, more intelligent words to use. And, I'm not a prissy, I cuss all the time and make crude jokes! I do try and stay away from sensitive topics and words though.

Alright, back to the topic at hand... MX delivery!! Really hoping I hear from my SA soon about more specific dates

Hi all,
I am in Michigan with an original Model X order date of 10/28/20. I
ordered the night before FSD went from 8 to 10k. I deliberately paused my order before I was assigned a VIN in December when refresh rumors were very solid. Reactivated my order the day refresh announced. after having a “-“ in my EDD for months, I was surprised to get an August EDD about 6 weeks ago. I have a Blue LR, white interior, 7 seat with FSD ordered. Still not sure about FSD, but I have it at 8k on my order, so I will most likely get it. I have been Searching daily for more info since we need specifics soon in order for August to really happen. Saw news of X in wild yesterda, which is good news. I found this flyover video last night from 7/5, but I don’t think I spotted and X’s.

Reactions: TWENT2
Hi all,
I am in Michigan with an original Model X order date of 10/28/20. I
ordered the night before FSD went from 8 to 10k. I deliberately paused my order before I was assigned a VIN in December when refresh rumors were very solid. Reactivated my order the day refresh announced. after having a “-“ in my EDD for months, I was surprised to get an August EDD about 6 weeks ago. I have a Blue LR, white interior, 7 seat with FSD ordered. Still not sure about FSD, but I have it at 8k on my order, so I will most likely get it. I have been Searching daily for more info since we need specifics soon in order for August to really happen. Saw news of X in wild yesterda, which is good news. I found this flyover video last night from 7/5, but I don’t think I spotted and X’s.
I saw 2 within the test driving area, but I think those were the ones on display during the S Plaid launch. No signs of net new production although let's see what the next video shows given the timing of everything - July production start anticipated depending upon how the ramp up goes combined with the July 4th holiday.

Long story, but to summarize:
  • I am a long time Tesla owner (MS from 2012-2018, MX from 2018-2021)
  • Sold MX in January hoping to buy new
  • Got frustrated, canceled several months into this ordeal
  • Saw MS delivery dates looming, so ordered a Plaid MS on 5/26
    • also decided to hedge and ordered Plaid MX on 5/30
  • Took delivery on Plaid MS 6/25
    • Drove it for a week. Breathtaking performance
    • My body told that it recognized the MS is a WAY cooler looking car from the outside, but it asked me to kindly go back to an SUV. Much easier to get in and out of and much more practical for family. Still amazing performance. I said, "Fine"
  • Sold Plaid. Left on truck yesterday
  • Now waiting (again :() with all of you!
I know. Nuts. In any case, over in the MS forum, we identified a really clear pattern of what combo got fastest delivery. In my case, I happened to order what Tesla happened to be making (Plaid, Black/Cream, Wood, 21"). Can we start doing that here? Do you all mind posting what you ordered, when you ordered and what your EDD is? I am not above changing my order if I see a pattern!

Better yet, you can put the details in your signature (see mine below). I would love to see my delivery change from January to something in 2021.

One more request: We need a drone pilot to start some flyovers in Fremont. It seemed like some dudes were doing this weekly over in the MS forum.

Cheers, and here's to some misery together!
May 2020 order date
MX LR blue/black interior
6 seater.
FSD
Jan 22 EDD.

May 2020 order date
MX LR blue/black interior
6 seater.
FSD
Jan 22 EDD.
Did you really order in 2020 or is that a typo? We had friends who ordered an X in December 2020 and took delivery in December 2020, so I don't know why you would've been waiting since May 2020.
    • My body told that it recognized the MS is a WAY cooler looking car from the outside, but it asked me to kindly go back to an SUV. Much easier to get in and out of and much more practical for family. Still amazing performance. I said, "Fine"
I know. Nuts. In any case, over in the MS forum, we identified a really clear pattern of what combo got fastest delivery. In my case, I happened to order what Tesla happened to be making (Plaid, Black/Cream, Wood, 21"). Can we start doing that here? Do you all mind posting what you ordered, when you ordered and what your EDD is? I am not above changing my order if I see a pattern!

Better yet, you can put the details in your signature (see mine below). I would love to see my delivery change from January to something in 2021.

One more request: We need a drone pilot to start some flyovers in Fremont. It seemed like some dudes were doing this weekly over in the MS forum.

June 2021/MX LR red-cream/5 seater/22”/NO FSD/JAN 22 EDD

I'm October, placed my order in Apri

Ordered June 2021 - MX LR white/black, 7 seater, no FSD, 20” wheels - EDD January 2022

EDC80829-921D-41A9-AE62-1CCFD64995A4.png

Will we be grandfathered in at the lower price point since we placed orders before this announcement? Or will Tesla change our pricing also?

Well, I think they have a history of honoring the previous price on your order as long as you do not change your configuration. However, those that Ordered pre-refresh announcement were forced to “update“ our order and accept a 10k price bump with the promise of a 2k “credit” on the final paperwork at delivery. So excited for this car, but getting a bit worried.

Well, I think they have a history of honoring the previous price on your order as long as you do not change your configuration. However, those that Ordered pre-refresh announcement were forced to “update“ our order and accept a 10k price bump with the promise of a 2k “credit” on the final paperwork at delivery. So excited for this car, but getting a bit worried.
as long as you do not change your configuration
Like, even the paint color?

Having ordered my LR X before the refresh, and thus getting a $2,000 discount (or $8,000 price increase depending on how you look at it) , I would be buying my car $2,000 under current market price. Now with the $5,000 price increase, that means I would be buying the car at $7,000 under current market price. The problem is that I was planning to lease the car. That will not allow me to benefit from the price difference unless they raised the residual value on the car which somehow I don’t see them doing. I might have to rethink my lease. I was just thinking that in three years time, there will be many great electric cars available, competitors charging infrastructures will be more built out, ranges will be significantly higher with new battery technology, prices will be driven down through competition, all making today’s models much less valuable. Thought a lease would be a good way to avoid all that. Not sure what to do now? 🧐