Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla managed to deliver 1,890 MS Plaid vehicles in that short amount of time. I have hope that production will ramp up and Xs will fly out of production. My EDD is still September but I'm starting to think it'll be August. Either way, as long as the car gets to me, I'm good.

Reactions: DIL
[tiptoes up to the back of the line] Hello, everyone. I just ordered my midnight silver/white LR 5-seater this morning. My advisor said “Possibly December,” my confirmation page said January. Either way I’m gonna have a righteous holiday season!
Hey, at least you've heard from a SA. I ordered a little over a month ago with a Jan 2022 EDD and haven't heard from a SA yet.

I'm pretty sure they fulfill 99% of Plaid orders as soon as humanly possible. The demand for $130k+ performance SUVs is small relative to the LR models so I'm sure they can fulfill the full pre-order demand in just 4-6 weeks...(bold statement, I know). Then again, I may be wrong about it :D

Reactions: DIL
Off the subject, but since i am waiting for a MSM MX I'll post here........ I saw a blue Model Y Sunday and it looks like a different blue than previous. Has Tesla changed their blue? The color of that MY was nice (perhaps the way the sun hit it) vs I really don't like Tesla's blue I've seen in the past, too dark/cobalt.

I'm pretty sure they fulfill 99% of Plaid orders as soon as humanly possible. The demand for $130k+ performance SUVs is small relative to the LR models so I'm sure they can fulfill the full pre-order demand in just 4-6 weeks...(bold statement, I know). Then again, I may be wrong about it :D
Unless they do something like the MS Plaid orders where it depends on if you picked 21" wheels or not. No 19" wheels anywhere.

Off the subject, but since i am waiting for a MSM MX I'll post here........ I saw a blue Model Y Sunday and it looks like a different blue than previous. Has Tesla changed their blue? The color of that MY was nice (perhaps the way the sun hit it) vs I really don't like Tesla's blue I've seen in the past, too dark/cobalt.

It's the same. From 2014 and earlier Tesla did have a different blue but it was similar to the present. The current is a metallic paint that changes a lot in the sun vs night.

It's the same. From 2014 and earlier Tesla did have a different blue but it was similar to the present. The current is a metallic paint that changes a lot in the sun vs night.
Thank you croman..I was regretting a little ordering MSM when I saw the blue. The blue when I ordered November 2020, just looked too dark blue. I do think I will be happy with MSM, just have to keep it waxed and clean, which I do with all our cars. Since I have had 9 months of over thinking this, I'm driving my wife nuts.... no it won't look like a big turd going down the street.

Tesla may very well have changed it. They change a lot of things (ex. replacing MCU 1 with MCU2) with little or no notice. When I ordered my X in 2018 it was with one interior color combination. A month before delivery (2.5 months after ordering) they dropped that color combination and replaced it with another. For us, it worked out since we liked the new color combination, beige and black, more.

Long story, but to summarize:
  • I am a long time Tesla owner (MS from 2012-2018, MX from 2018-2021)
  • Sold MX in January hoping to buy new
  • Got frustrated, canceled several months into this ordeal
  • Saw MS delivery dates looming, so ordered a Plaid MS on 5/26
    • also decided to hedge and ordered Plaid MX on 5/30
  • Took delivery on Plaid MS 6/25
    • Drove it for a week. Breathtaking performance
    • My body told that it recognized the MS is a WAY cooler looking car from the outside, but it asked me to kindly go back to an SUV. Much easier to get in and out of and much more practical for family. Still amazing performance. I said, "Fine"
  • Sold Plaid. Left on truck yesterday
  • Now waiting (again :() with all of you!
I know. Nuts. In any case, over in the MS forum, we identified a really clear pattern of what combo got fastest delivery. In my case, I happened to order what Tesla happened to be making (Plaid, Black/Cream, Wood, 21"). Can we start doing that here? Do you all mind posting what you ordered, when you ordered and what your EDD is? I am not above changing my order if I see a pattern!

Better yet, you can put the details in your signature (see mine below). I would love to see my delivery change from January to something in 2021.

One more request: We need a drone pilot to start some flyovers in Fremont. It seemed like some dudes were doing this weekly over in the MS forum.

Cheers, and here's to some misery together!

• My body told that it recognized the MS is a WAY cooler looking car from the outside, but it asked me to kindly go back to an SUV. Much easier to get in and out of and much more practical for family. Still amazing performance. I said, "Fine"
I know. Nuts. In any case, over in the MS forum, we identified a really clear pattern of what combo got fastest delivery. In my case, I happened to order what Tesla happened to be making (Plaid, Black/Cream, Wood, 21"). Can we start doing that here? Do you all mind posting what you ordered, when you ordered and what your EDD is? I am not above changing my order if I see a pattern!

Better yet, you can put the details in your signature (see mine below). I would love to see my delivery change from January to something in 2021.

One more request: We need a drone pilot to start some flyovers in Fremont. It seemed like some dudes were doing this weekly over in the MS forum.

I'm sure that Gabincal will continue to do flyovers in Fremont. There was virtually nothing of the X in the last one. I'm hoping to see a few this week or next and then start the ramp up to begin deliveries. I'll tag him to see if he can spend a bit of time looking for the X-unicorns.

I'm moving from an S to an X myself for pretty much the same reasons - easier to get into and out of an X (along with a growing family). I'm still hoping for the delivery timeframe I've got - now that the S is in true production I think it's a solid possibility. I certainly can't see it being feasible to delay it until the end of the year with all the backlog of orders.

Fingers crossed!

Reactions: jbrowdy and croman

Here are my deets:

Ordered way back on 12/5/20 in the Chicagoland area.
LR 7 Seater
White w/ cream& wood interior,
Full FSD,
20" Cyberstream wheels,
August EDD showing

Btw, the guy who has been doing the drone flyover videos is Tesla Fremont Flyover or formally, Gabeincal. He should still be doing them as I don't believe it was strictly for the MS launch. Maybe if enough of us push him, we can get him to start focusing on the MX launch, although my guess is he'll already be doing that.

I have never had an estimated delivery date since my March 2021 order. My long-tenured SA says to expect September/October. Model X LR, order #RN11469xxxx, MSM, cream/walnut, 6-seat config, 20" wheels.

Using the R word itself says a lot about someone.

I'm a current S owner since 2016 and getting the LR X. I'm not in a rush since the S is so great. I'm going to see how this shakes out since the X is a lot more of a gamble than the S with it's complexity and Tesla's history of slapdash construction.

I've seen some great improvements in the S and translating those to the X will address a lot of my concerns.

Blue LR white 6 seats, walnut, FSD locked in but not decided.

EDD Jan/Feb 2022.