Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But the price will drop again as it usually does once demand goes down. By the time your lease is up in 2-3 years, there will be a LOT of competition in the market.
I think, if you own it outright, there will be buyers wanting the refreshed version that's 3 years old. You'll still get a good sale price when you sell it. Many people lease vehicles, I personally don't see it, but I keep cars longer than 3 years.

Reactions: Stro
In the U.S. over the last five years the MX has sold an average of 21,000 Vehicles per year or an average of 1750 per month. If you figure realistically they will not get back to this number until Oct( they may ship a few units in Sept)and they are quoting Jan/Feb for new orders then my estimate is they have between 6-8,000 max with deposits. If you figure an order completion rate( cancels etc) of 85% that means by Feb 1 there may be 5100-6800 MX on the road. It looked like orders placed before mid April have delivery dates of Aug-Nov and everything after mid April is Jan or Jan/Feb. Just my estimates. Curious what others think.

Reactions: TWENT2
I think a lot of us have been expecting a refresh for over a year with a lot of us holding out on ordering a new vehicle until the refresh happened. So add a pandemic to it where a lot of us haven't spent much as usual and have extra funds and you can easily see this number growing much higher than norm. At least for the initial kickstart. Add some holding out on the Cybertruck and start to wonder if it's really going to happen, so they place an order for an MX/MS just in case the Cybertruck becomes a 2023 product and that number potentially grows. It's what I think.

Reactions: TWENT2 and TallBill
Ordered the XLR at the end of 2020, “agreed” to the price hike in January, and still have no delivery estimate. Just as well since with the appearance of the 4680 structural pack for S/X on Reddit now I want to wait for that tech but have no idea how long that will be. The car I really want has 500 miles of range for towing, that was the car I thought I was ordering initially (although it was before refresh was actually announced so this was purely hopium on my part). Has Tesla osborned the 18650 S and X? Elon said they don’t need the “+” for speed, but what about the range I need?

Reactions: Jetpad
LR MX - ordered Feb 8th. No upgrades - white with black interior. Shows OCT … losing faith
LR MS ordered 5/15 - no upgrades White/black interior - still shows no date.
Cybertruck - ordered on unveiling date years ago
At this point, I am taking what comes first, will keep everyone posted if Anything changes

Reactions: Radish11 and TWENT2
In his latest video, I definitely saw 2 in the parking area next to the test track, but that was about it.
Here's a screen shot... The white and grey cars are Xs
Screenshot_20210711-120830_YouTube.jpg

Here's a screen shot... The white and grey cars are XsView attachment 683464
Those, I believe were a part of the Plaid event. Someone mentioned that there are 15 test mule Model Xs in total. No sign of any production from looking at various lots from the video. There's still a load of Model Ss sitting around collecting dust - especially the few hundred in the off-site lot. That said, I cannot believe that Model X deliveries would be delayed to start until November/December of this year as most likely the majority of issues have been worked out through the S. I'm thinking it'll be later this month or early August when true production starts back up. There was a Reddit thread talking about the 4680 packs starting but it was taken down - not sure whether it holds any water whatsoever.

Reactions: Tezhed9802
I think a lot of us have been expecting a refresh for over a year with a lot of us holding out on ordering a new vehicle until the refresh happened. So add a pandemic to it where a lot of us haven't spent much as usual and have extra funds and you can easily see this number growing much higher than norm. At least for the initial kickstart. Add some holding out on the Cybertruck and start to wonder if it's really going to happen, so they place an order for an MX/MS just in case the Cybertruck becomes a 2023 product and that number potentially grows. It's what I think.
That’s me, exactly. Ordered MX LR Red Cream 19” on Feb2. Cancelled the Cybertruck in April. EDD Oktober