Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Care by Volvo. I just ordered online xc40 model that costs me 738 a month which covers insurance, lease. Max 1250 miles a month and i can return it after 5 months without penalty.
Cheaper than renting a car.
Totally agree and appreciate you posting about it. Great bridge solution.

Our delivery is still showing September. I wouldn't put any faith in it except that we live close to Fremont and it's our 4th Tesla, which sometimes keeps you earlier in the list. So really torn whether to just suck it up and keep with the single car or get a temporary car. My wife didn't like the idea of the used sprinter van that was formerly a mobile dog grooming station. Even after I measured the cages and confirmed a child can fit semi-comfortably.

Totally agree and appreciate you posting about it. Great bridge solution.

Our delivery is still showing September. I wouldn't put any faith in it except that we live close to Fremont and it's our 4th Tesla, which sometimes keeps you earlier in the list. So really torn whether to just suck it up and keep with the single car or get a temporary car. My wife didn't like the idea of the used sprinter van that was formerly a mobile dog grooming station. Even after I measured the cages and confirmed a child can fit semi-comfortably.
My EDD just went from August 2021 (For almost 8 months it was that and SA confirmed that will get delivered soon)to December 2021. I had my order placed in January 2020 for MX, Black interior, 7 Seat configure, 22" Turbine wheels.

Trading in rather than selling to a third party offers a slight tax advantage, but certainly not a $10k one. By trading in, you reduce the purchase price of the vehicle and therefore you reduce the sales tax you will pay. So if your state has a 10% sales tax and you knock $30,000 off the price with a trade-in, you’ll save $3,000 as compared to selling your car to a third party for the same price. But if a third party offers more than $33,000, then that’s the better choice.
Thank you much

Reactions: lauraut
Care by Volvo. I just ordered online xc40 model that costs me 738 a month which covers insurance, lease. Max 1250 miles a month and i can return it after 5 months without penalty.
Thank you so much for the Care info and idea. Was going to get MYP instead if we can't get the car at the end of this year and just wait til MX has the new battery. We will definitely get one as well.

Thank you so much for the Care info and idea. Was going to get MYP instead if we can't get the car at the end of this year and just wait til MX has the new battery. We will definitely get one as well.
Yes, that's what I finally did as a backup. Ordered a MYP for quicker delivery. My wife now says she wouldn't mind a smaller SUV so we ordered a Y. Didn't want the performance but it was the only way to get one fairly quickly as Tesla delivers the performance version much more quickly. Right now trending for 5-7 weeks. Price difference between the Performance and LR is now 7K. As we would get the upgraded wheels anyway, and they are included on the performance, that makes the price difference only 5K for us. We would have to wait for December at least for a LR Y. We have been waiting for the X for 7 months and been without a second car for 5 months. What a mess

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Yes, I didn't take delivery in 2020 due to pandemic and wanted to wait for refreshed Model X, so will hit 23 months if I get my Model X in Dec 2021, as crazy as it sounds.
Wow. I was Oct. 2020 and did a similar thing and deferred in December but you are the first I've heard who deferred this long. Bravo. Curious if you chose FSD and what the price was in Jan. 2020. I don't quite recall.

Ive been using the CARE by Volvo for the last 3 plus months. When I signed up for it, the minimum obligation was 4 months. Looks like Im going to hit the over waiting for my MX ordered in January. I turned in my old MX just before the prices jumped. In retrospect, I would've purchased it and then sold it once the new one arrives. Volvo been a nice solution, but make sure the insurance information is properly verified by your state's DMV. Another issue was that Volvo didn't want to transfer plates and made me get new ones.

Reactions: EL0NTRK
Apparently the flexibility of the term isn't available in Canada (need a 2 year term here). It sounds like a great temporary solution for you guys though.

I ordered our LR X on Jul 16 2021, and at order and now has stated EDD of January. Ordered a six seat config, white w/ black interior with 22" wheels. Odd that my EDD hasn't been bumped back yet as people who ordered way earlier and seeing 4 month shifts backwards....

I'm hoping for luck but the wave just hasn't hit yet.

I ordered our LR X on Jul 16 2021, and at order and now has stated EDD of January. Ordered a six seat config, white w/ black interior with 22" wheels. Odd that my EDD hasn't been bumped back yet as people who ordered way earlier and seeing 4 month shifts backwards....

I'm hoping for luck but the wave just hasn't hit yet.
With the way things are going, it will happen in January 2022, when it gets pushed back to April. :(

Reactions: NHK X