Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The silver color was the one thing I did not like about my imaginary X’s 20” wheels, but I wanted all the other benefits they bring. Glad I don’t have to compromise on anything but the wait, now. Looks much better with everything else blacked out.

Also the top speeds are back! 149 to 155 or 163 for 20” wheels.

The cheaper wheels are now dark gray
Yeah. This was a nice surprise. I was planning on powder coating them anyway. This will save me a few hundred dollars.
1629468642862.png

Also didn’t like the 20” silver wheels but wanted the range of the 20” wheels. They had a group buy going for some of the TSV T-Sportline 20” wheels for the model X in March when my car was supposed to be coming in April, so I bought a set. Now that they darkened the wheels, I don’t need them. Tesla got me again 😡

Last edited:
I am hoping for 300 real-world miles - going ~10mph over posted speed.
If it is 300 or more, I will be a happy camper.

The Plaid bit -for me- will make that a challenge, I think.
You’re not going to get 300 miles going 75 mph in normal conditions. I have a similar situation. I need to get about 292 to complete a road trip I do quite often. I don’t think it will be possible at 75 mph unless I do some drafting along the way. Even then, I think it will be tough.

You’re not going to get 300 miles going 75 mph in normal conditions. I have a similar situation. I need to get about 292 to complete a road trip I do quite often. I don’t think it will be possible at 75 mph unless I do some drafting along the way. Even then, I think it will be tough.
Good thing there’s super chargers.. you could get 300+ if you don’t use heat or air and the outside temp is around 75

The cheaper wheels are now dark gray
I like how they just keep chaning things, even though I put money down on a contract for a silver color wheel back in Jan. I accepted the first $10,000 price increase so change in contract ok there. Color is the eye of the beholder. The country seems to be in a dark mood, with chrome and silver disappearing. Color reflecting how we feel, but this has been going on for a couple years now. Personally, I think Eve our 2020 X, with the chrome around the windows and silver rims is a classic look. Again, eye of the beholder

Last edited:
Reactions: TallBill and croman
So new plan? Early orders (Jan 6, 2021) got a $2k incentive on the first $10k price Increase, and never saw the second and third increased ($5k each). SO right now, I get the car for $12k less than someone who orders right now, correct? (not sure as documents aren't avaialbe for review on the website yet). We are SO happy we have Eve (the used red 9-2020 X got in May 2021). Was going to try to get $100 back as was only holding to see WHEN the new car would have come. Tesla should want to give it back, as can then sell to a newer order for $12K more. But... Since we had a AUG EDD that just slipped to DEC, we are in the first group I think. So if get in Dec/Jan 2022 and we don't want, we turn around and SELL with under 500 miiles. a). With about a 8 month back log for orders, someone could skip the wait. b). We have a $12k price advantage over NEW orders, so could work some of that into the sale and with the 2nd owner. c)Get to try that (stupid?) yoke and not be committed to anything as still have Eve.