Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone still not have their delivery estimate bumped? I’m a January 27th order, close to Fremont, initial estimate was April, moved to September, and still showing September.

I’m not suggesting I’m getting it in September. Just wondering how many of us have not had our delivery estimate bumped again in the system.

Reactions: studioloft and CDT
Anyone still not have their delivery estimate bumped? I’m a January 27th order, close to Fremont, initial estimate was April, moved to September, and still showing September.

I’m not suggesting I’m getting it in September. Just wondering how many of us have not had our delivery estimate bumped again in the system.
I'm a Sept too from a Jan order in Florida. I think the logic shared a few pages ago in this thread is likely true. That it's just an automatic bump as soon as you enter the month you were originally scheduled for and the system is told there's an unknown or unlikely production. Our Sept dates will start to roll like the August dates did, except unfortunately I expect ours to go to Jan.

Reactions: Tezhed9802
I'm a Sept too from a Jan order in Florida. I think the logic shared a few pages ago in this thread is likely true. That it's just an automatic bump as soon as you enter the month you were originally scheduled for and the system is told there's an unknown or unlikely production. Our Sept dates will start to roll like the August dates did, except unfortunately I expect ours to go to Jan.
I wish they would just get it over with. My wife’s delivery date still says September and she’s hoping it’s true. I keep telling her there’s no way based on what I’m reading here. If there was another viable option on the market we would aggressively pursue it. She liked the Mustang. But it is impossible to find a premium edition she wants to do dealers or shady. Most of them mark the cars up $5k to $10k if you didn’t order it. I like the VW she didn’t. How do you would be an option but the range isn’t great. The longer tesla waits to get the X out, the more likely it is people to affect to other brands.

Well, I just got the following unsolicited correspondence from my local service center.

“Hi Mark, Tesla (SC Name) here, we just wanted to touch base about your Model X order! As of right now we are still waiting on production to commence building Model X's at the factory, as soon as we get any updates we will ensure our local team will be in touch!

Thank you for your patience and if you have any questions please feel free to respond to this email or you can reach out to Tesla……”

I don’t know but it doesn’t sound like any manufacturing is imminent to me. I do appreciate the communication thoughG

Autopilot doesn’t work while towing. You would have to manually turn tow mode off to engage autopilot and I’m not sure that’s a good idea.. never tried
Yeah I towed a Uhaul with my MX in the winter and half of it was uphill. I had to recharge twice in full to make it to my destination. Tesla needs to steal an idea from Ford Lightning and provide an tow adjusted range. Or maybe by the time the CT comes out this will be irrelevant for most trips.

Why do you guys think you will get delivery in Sept when Aug EDD was pushed to Dec? Tesla is screwing us all. Just face it.
There is a chip shortage. The world was shut down for nearly a year. Everyone else is having similar problems. I understand the frustration however, this thing is at least 70% out of their hands for right now.

World was never shut down for a year. Chip shortage is here because everyone freaked out in the beginning and shut off everything but found out that the whole world was buying IT stuff left and right because work@home.

Shipping channels are packed, lots of people doesn't wanna come out and work, everything is so f-ed up but smart minds do have to maneuver their company out of this bushes. Elon hasn't done so.

I was thinking this today. Which car company ever let a year-long gap happen between a new release? You do R&D in the background while you continue to sell the current model, then release the new one with a boom!

Tesla should've continued to make previous MX. Then this thread wouldn't even exist and everyone would just buy 2020 MX and be done with it.

World was never shut down for a year. Chip shortage is here because everyone freaked out in the beginning and shut off everything but found out that the whole world was buying IT stuff left and right because work@home.

Shipping channels are packed, lots of people doesn't wanna come out and work, everything is so f-ed up but smart minds do have to maneuver their company out of this bushes. Elon hasn't done so.

I was thinking this today. Which car company ever let a year-long gap happen between a new release? You do R&D in the background while you continue to sell the current model, then release the new one with a boom!

Tesla should've continued to make previous MX. Then this thread wouldn't even exist and everyone would just buy 2020 MX and be done with it.
You do realize that Tesla has delivered Record numbers this year right? They have chips...it just makes better business sense to put them in MYs and M3s which are selling at significantly higher volumes.
Choices... Just not the outcome we (in this thread) would want.

A senior Tesla corporate contact here in Europe confirmed yesterday that they have been officially allowed to communicate that no MX or MS Europe orders will arrive in 2021. He said the SA and showrooms will send out apology on delay letters but no 2022 timeframe will be communicated to avoid the ongoing backlash from customers especially leasing agencies.

You do realize that Tesla has delivered Record numbers this year right? They have chips...it just makes better business sense to put them in MYs and M3s which are selling at significantly higher volumes.
Choices... Just not the outcome we (in this thread) would want.
Its all BS, a shortage means there is less available of an item, not ZERO. There have been NO model X made this year. A shortage of parts would mean there would be less of an item not NONE! Little communication and perception that we have to take it. I for one will take it, although not without complaint.

Its all BS, a shortage means there is less available of an item, not ZERO. There have been NO model X made this year. A shortage of parts would mean there would be less of an item not NONE! Little communication and perception that we have to take it. I for one will take it, although not without complaint.
l
But language and logistics are not the same thing. If you have enough chips and other supplies to do, say 1,000 model x's, is it worth starting up the line? Probably not. They have to build a high enough volume to get the cost reductions that are attained with said high volume.

And I'm not convinced the problem is only chip shortage. I think there must be some new parts on the model X which have to be produced in volume to be worth it. There aren't enough factories willing to produce customized parts at this time probably. Or, they're so far behind that getting in their schedule is difficult

Reactions: Elixir
If you are a first-time Tesla buyer, do not plan to much on the delivery timeframes listed on your order. We are on our 3rd Tesla and the previous 2 times the cars were 3-6 months beyond the delivery listed. With the latest X, it first listed Jan/Feb 2022, and now shows Jan 2022. But I am thinking March 2022 at the earliest, and May/June 2022 is more likely.

FWIW, my F-150 Lightning looks to be drifting out of 2022 and into 2023.