Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this picture the top and bottom white cars are pre-refresh and the two black cars are from today's web page. The third row head is the same, perhaps the back is thinner, but the butt fold is farther aft. The middle seat default position is also further aft and I suppose moving them forward to the old leg room would give more leg room for the third row but it still looks tight.
Thanks that image is really helpful. In the sense that is clear, something has been changed. I am in the EU so I have still some time left to change the order, and by then US deliveries should have started to come to te final conclusion.

9DBFEF0F-BA94-4B12-818F-FFB5B92EA5EA.jpeg

I think if the people waiting for the X can get a temp car for a few months, all these anxiety and angst will be greatly reduced. People get upset when they have to uber for months because of the delay and i get it.
Get a used gas car or whatever, drive for a few months until your X is ready. It will be the smartest move.
Speaking from personal experience as someone who declined an X last December and have been waiting since.
I actually just bought a 2016 MX on Craigslist for 52k! I told my wife that they were unfindable... and she literally found one in less than 5 minutes and had the guy on the phone. it's SUPER clean and a good holdover until my Refresh comes in (October?? January?? March??). Then we'll list this one on Turo and make a little money on it.

I get the frustration. Tesla was the only non-vaporware you could count on. Now it's not. And now that the S launch has happened, it's not exactly rainbow road

But the threats to abandon the company and buy some other vaporware that is also going to have myriad and sundry issues from tip to tail and across the company, well, I mean, sounds like internet to me lol
They can always get a Bolt. Oh, wait...

Release date means when they actually target for production. It's irrelevant to new orders - it's when they actually start production.
No in this case they are basically just copying the date from Tesla.com which shows expected delivery if you order today. Otherwise you would be saying that folks who ordered 9 months ago will get their cars at the same time as someone who places an order today.

No in this case they are basically just copying the date from Tesla.com which shows expected delivery if you order today. Otherwise you would be saying that folks who ordered 9 months ago will get their cars at the same time as someone who places an order today.
I'm not disagreeing with you in that this looks like a mistake, but what I said is correct. When you look at all the other information on that page, it's based on the release/first sales date of net new cars. I agree that Electrek has the wrong date. Still, there's nothing out there really describing an anticipated time because Tesla has only "floated" dates thus far - and failed to deliver each time.