Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it is by far the most complicated vehicle Tesla makes/has made so there is some risk there. I have been nervous about the doors for a while but figured they had ironed them out by now. I also talked to my SC and they said they have had very few FWD problems. They did say that the ultrasonic sensors can mess up when it's hot (something expands and moves and so the sensor thinks there's an obstruction) and the door won't open by itself, but you can hold the button and override it.
Claims that the FWDs have any particular design or manufacturing problems is just plain false. There have only really been two "issues" at a systemic level. First were the initial problems during the original X launch period. Those were resolved relatively quickly (a few months). The other was the lack of ultrasonic sensors for certain scenarios that led to doors lowering themselves despite someone being underneath them. That's obviously avoidable, but there are reports that additional sensors now detect that situation.

We had an August 2017 build X and never had a single issue with those doors - ever. In fact, we didn't really have any issues with the minor exception that one of the third row seat motors had to be replaced because the seat would lock into the down position.

My polite suggestion.. there are quite a few on-topic threads elsewhere on this website to discuss your driving scores. You will likely get much more interaction on your posts as well as entire threads are dedicated to this topic alone.

Edit: Many on this particular forum either do not currently own a Tesla or do not have FSD.
I agree with you in principle, but since this is a "waiting room", think of it as all of us waiting at a dealership to pickup our cars, sparking up conversation. We don't really want 200 pages of "I'm excited to get my X", "me too!"' Do we?

Last edited:
I agree with you in principle, but since thus is a "waiting room", think of it as all of us waiting at a dealership to pickup our cars, sparking up conversation. We don't really want 200 pages of "I'm excited to get my X", "me too!"' Do we?
No we don't want that. What we do have is 166 pages of people talking about their estimated delivery dates (or lack thereof), posting links to drone flyovers, sightings, prior experience with previous versions of the Model X, and topics that are at least remotely related to the refresh Model X.

People's FSD driving scores are clearly unrelated.

So with my moderator hat on, please take random chit-chat that is unrelated to the 2021 Model X refresh to other sub-forums or threads.

Thanks for understanding,

Bruce.

No we don't want that. What we do have is 166 pages of people talking about their estimated delivery dates (or lack thereof), posting links to drone flyovers, sightings, prior experience with previous versions of the Model X, and topics that are at least remotely related to the refresh Model X.

So with my moderator hat on, please take random chit-chat that is unrelated to the 2021 Model X refresh to other sub-forums or threads.

Bruce.
Fair enough. :)

Bruce.
You’re absolutely right but I just want to know if everyone else heard ELO singing 🎶Don’t bring me down, Bruce🎶 while reading this?

I know it’s actually groos, but like 99% of the world songs it Bruce, and so do I :)

Whatever it is, whoever you guys are, I love these people in this forum here. Feels like being a good friends, talking about our interesting area and exchanging information. It’s so sad that this will be end after we all got our Xs (I know it will be also extremely exiting to get our car better than waiting here forever lol). Hope we make another sub-forum to keep chatting about newest updates and informations after we got our Xs and gather there again. Also, praying to get our Xs very soon!
Thanks everyone!

Whatever it is, whoever you guys are, I love these people in this forum here. Feels like being a good friends, talking about our interesting area and exchanging information. It’s so sad that this will be end after we all got our Xs (I know it will be also extremely exiting to get our car better than waiting here forever lol). Hope we make another sub-forum to keep chatting about newest updates and informations after we got our Xs and gather there again. Also, praying to get our Xs very soon!
Thanks everyone!

LOL if you miss the camaraderie, maybe buy some TSLA and join the 14,000-page long Investor thread? It makes this thread look lightweight. :)

Anyway, as odd as it sounds to say it, I was a little bummed they just raised the 3/Y prices and didn’t raise the X Plaid price. That it seems would be a definite ‘deliveries imminent‘ signal. Really hoping they at least mention the X on tonight’s call….

How are your scores in the high 90’s? Mine is 85 and I am, as my wife says, a put put driver. My unsafe following score stinks and I avoid tailgating at all costs. Must be time spent in the car pool lane. 🤷‍♂️
I make a fresh bowl of hot soup filled to the very top and leave it on my lap while I drive.. as long as none of it spills on you then you’ll get 100

Still waiting for my new X.. so now this is related

Thanks everyone!

It won't end, the party will just move over to the "refreshed Model X issues" thread lol.