Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact that these seats don't fold flat is the most colossal messup Tesla did w/ the X. It's called S-Utility-V for a reason. What's the utility in hauling stuff if the seat doesn't fold flat. I thought w/ the redesign the seats would of fold flat. I'm holding out for the 7 seater.
Bingo. I’d gladly pay the premium for the 6 seater if the middle row seats folded flat. Without that, I’m only interested in the 5-seater.

Also got a call. Asked him why 6? He said he wasn’t certain but may be a backlog available. Told him past cars always delivered end of quarter so I’d probably see my 5 next March. He said with the multiple factories that was the Past. Easily could arrive in January. Also confided that the EDDs on the website were experimental…. Not all customers get them And they were the bane of his existence.

Also confided that the EDDs on the website were experimental…. Not all customers get them And they were the bane of his existence.
I can guess how much work the EDDs have him, poor guy.

On another note; are all the people who got a call in the US? Anyone in Europe (or Canada, for that matter)? I'm in the Netherlands, already have a six seater (LR, white/cream, 20'), so won't get the call, but I'm wondering if anyone else has.

On another note; are all the people who got a call in the US? Anyone in Europe (or Canada, for that matter)? I'm in the Netherlands, already have a six seater (LR, white/cream, 20'), so won't get the call, but I'm wondering if anyone else has.
From the sheet, appears all US orders at this time. I checked with my SA contact and he said to forget any MS or MX Europe deliveries this year. Sadly, though MS US deliveries began in June this year, no MS have been delivered to Europe. Wonder if 2022 will finally bring them here- fingers crossed!

Reactions: studioloft
The fact that these seats don't fold flat is the most colossal messup Tesla did w/ the X. It's called S-Utility-V for a reason. What's the utility in hauling stuff if the seat doesn't fold flat. I thought w/ the redesign the seats would of fold flat. I'm holding out for the 7 seater.
That's it exactly. It shouldn't be that hard to make it fold over - and the armrests aren't a hard add-on for the pricing either. Such a head scratcher after all this time. Still wish the middle row of the 7 seater had a pass-through/armrest (a la Model S with the wireless chargers and cupholders) option for things like skis or long objects. I know that the 3rd row it wouldn't make sense since it's cramped back there. Does the rear most fold down individually or is it a bench (I can't remember)?

New data point. I ordered a LR white on white, 5 seater in early June (Massachusetts). No one has reached out yet. My sister (Bay area), ordered the same configuration a week after I did and got the call to have it converted to a 6 seater for EOY delivery. She declined.
This gives me hope that my April 13th LR white on black 6 seater with FSD will be delivered this year

Reactions: Captkerosene
6 seater = no center arm rest, wireless charging and can’t fold flat, compared to 5 or 7 seater… anything else different?

(6 seater has nicer seats and easier 3rd row access…. And earlier delivery).

i don't think 5 or 7 has armrest either unless something changed. The new S has armrest with wireless chargers but I don't think anyone has any details on the X 5 seater having it.
The description on Tesla's website still mentions "Multi-device Bluetooth, wireless and USB-C charging for every passenger, with enough power to fast-charge your tablets and laptop." so I'm expecting wireless and USB-C charging for every passenger. Hopefully that means there will be second row armrests. The 5 & 7 seater could have a similar fold-down armrest as the Model S. Maybe they will finally have single armrests for each second row seat on the 6 seater.

We really hope the 6 seater will have folding second row seats. The lack of folding seats was the main reason I cancelled my first X order back in 2016.

That's it exactly. It shouldn't be that hard to make it fold over - and the armrests aren't a hard add-on for the pricing either. Such a head scratcher after all this time. Still wish the middle row of the 7 seater had a pass-through/armrest (a la Model S with the wireless chargers and cupholders) option for things like skis or long objects. I know that the 3rd row it wouldn't make sense since it's cramped back there. Does the rear most fold down individually or is it a bench (I can't remember)?
Unfortunately, there's still no pass-through on the Model S. It's just a fold down armrest with cupholders, wireless phone charging and a small storage compartment.

The third row seats can fold individually.

the 7 seater doesn't have a 40-20-40 split for the middle row? I wasn't aware of this... kind of disappointing. I hope they do incorporate this and the other refresh S items.

Reactions: cusetownusa
The description on Tesla's website still mentions "Multi-device Bluetooth, wireless and USB-C charging for every passenger, with enough power to fast-charge your tablets and laptop." so I'm expecting wireless and USB-C charging for every passenger. Hopefully that means there will be second row armrests. The 5 & 7 seater could have a similar fold-down armrest as the Model S. Maybe they will finally have single armrests for each second row seat on the 6 seater.

We really hope the 6 seater will have folding second row seats. The lack of folding seats was the main reason I cancelled my first X order back in 2016.

Unfortunately, there's still no pass-through on the Model S. It's just a fold down armrest with cupholders, wireless phone charging and a small storage compartment.

The third row seats can fold individually.
Well actually ast the Plaid reveal event there was a Model X plaid. But I don’t think anyone cared about the interior at that time other then the new dash. Because actual shot of the backseats of the Model X from that event are nowhere to be found.

Well actually ast the Plaid reveal event there was a Model X plaid. But I don’t think anyone cared about the interior at that time other then the new dash. Because actual shot of the backseats of the Model X from that event are nowhere to be found.
It's possible things weren't finalized in June and things could've changed since then. Hopefully the extra delays mean there will be a few more surprise upgrades once deliveries start.