Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did point blank ask the person that called me if the six seat configuration could fold flat when they were asking if I wanted to change my order. After a slight pause, he said no, but they would move forward out of the way. To be clear, I don’t think he really knows, but he by no means said yes. It clearly sounded like the same configuration from non-refresh. I might have switched if it was a yes.

Thanks for the pic! Looks cramped maybe 6 seat is the way to go
Have you seen or tried the pre-refresh X w/ 5 or 7 seats? They are FAR from being cramped. I can put 3 full size children car seats across the whole row without much effort. Meanwhile, my Model 3 struggles to fit 3 narrow Diono car seats across but can be done.

Furthermore, you do not get extra shoulder room on the 6 seat on 1 side. It’s basically a 3 seats row with the middle seat removed, but the 2 remaining seats are not moved further into the center. At least for the pre-refresh X but I doubt they are making changes to the seats configuration.

Geez, now I'm in the same boat pondering the 6 vs 7 seater. Got a call that I could get one in Canada for December for a 6 seater. Asked about whether they would fold, answer back was a solid "No", although with the gap between the seats it could work.

Now I've got to go and look again at it. Anyone have a view from the back where the middle row is pushed as far forward as possible? Any known measurements of how long a box could fit if pushed against the seatbacks?

Reactions: Captkerosene
i just got 2 order modification notifications by email. When I called Tesla they had no record of it... and didn't know why. I can't see what's changed. But it's showing my new order date as today. Not sure what's going on.

I'll do you one better... my order is now completely gone from my account. Disappeared.... I tried logging in on phone, via the app, on a computer, and nothing. I see my account page but no order as it has been there since April.

• Informative
Reactions: lauraut
Ok so this may make my decision.. hopefully someone has an answer?!?! In my mind the 5 seat configuration will be faster due to a lower vehicle weight vs 6 or 7 seats.. am I crazy or does this make sense? Cuz I’m definitely not paying 6,500 for a seat configuration I didn’t want that will also make me car slightly slower than a 5 seater
If that small amount of added power makes a difference to you, perhaps you would be happier with the Model S; Faster and lighter. As another poster had commented, the MX difference in acceleration between an 5 and a 6 (or 7) seater would be minuscule. The MX is always a speed tradeoff vs the MS. You get the MX for the added headroom and seating options, plus a bit more storage space.

But if you plan on drag racing a MX vs another MX, just take ALL the seats out except the driver's seat! :D

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Tz00
Geez, now I'm in the same boat pondering the 6 vs 7 seater. Got a call that I could get one in Canada for December for a 6 seater. Asked about whether they would fold, answer back was a solid "No", although with the gap between the seats it could work.

Now I've got to go and look again at it. Anyone have a view from the back where the middle row is pushed as far forward as possible? Any known measurements of how long a box could fit if pushed against the seatbacks?
When did you order it? I’m in Toronto, LR 6seats with fsd from March. Hope I can pickup it as our Christmas gift

If that small amount of added power makes a difference to you, perhaps you would be happier with the Model S; Faster and lighter. As another poster had commented, the MX difference in acceleration between an 5 and a 6 (or 7) seater would be minuscule. The MX is always a speed tradeoff vs the MS. You get the MX for the added headroom and seating options, plus a bit more storage space.

But if you plan on drag racing a MX vs another MX, just take ALL the seats out except the driver's seat! :D
Haha I would get the S but I need the towing

Reactions: gglockner