Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a six-seater now, it is problematic in so many ways. I will happily wait for the 5/7seater.
I had a 2020 6 seater last year and those captain chairs were helllllllllllll 😂 they freeze up, get stuck and more. The FWD sensor went bad and kept half way opening because of it. The captain chairs also squealed so bad. Buttttttt I’m getting another one lmao hopefully some of these issues have been addressed 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: lauraut
I had a 2020 6 seater last year and those captain chairs were helllllllllllll 😂 they freeze up, get stuck and more. The FWD sensor went bad and kept half way opening because of it. The captain chairs also squealed so bad. Buttttttt I’m getting another one lmao hopefully some of these issues have been addressed 🤷🏾‍♂️
they probably have been addressed :)
but you gotta admit the 6 seater looks so good
tesla-model-x-first-drive.jpg

Correct, I did not and I'm not worried about the non folding seats as this car will be used to cart kids around mostly. As a bonus, the 2 kids sitting in the back will now be able to see the screen!
I have a 7 seat model x and its actually a little claustrophobic back there. Almost like you are cut off from the rest of the passengers because of the height of the 2nd row seat. And it can be a hassle to get kids back there even if they can buckle themselves in. If you have 3 kids or less 6 seat is the way to go. Open one door and let all kids enter and move back easily. Hence, we sold our model 3 and purchased another model x, but this time in 6 seat config.

And from a utility standpoint, there are times it is nice to fold all seats flat but it's honestly pretty rare. More than often, items that are big don't fit anyways (ie TV) and I end up needing to rent a small utility trailer for 16 bucks at Uhaul anyways. Also, if you have kids with boosters seats in the 2nd row, the hassle of taking them out makes you fold the second row even less frequently.

I think you will be happy with the 6 seat change.

View attachment 721245
I used to drive a 1995 Honda Accord and it had horn thumb buttons. I think that all we will need to do is get used to the new 'weird' horn button in low-stakes situations so that when it IS an emergency,we have the muscle memory.

So I apologize in advance to my neighbors. While my kids are practicing the piano, clarinet, and saxophone, I'll be practicing the X Horn! 😂
Another thing that is under reported, and that makes sense with this design in photo and the new yoke.... it likely reduces some forearm and hand injuries people sustain while trying to press a center horn right before impact. It puts your hands at the correct driving position for maximal safety. Airbags, especially at close proximity and covered with a hard piece of rubber present a fair amount of force to the body. Plenty of anecdotal stories of people suffering hand and arm injuries from the airbag. Either that or it launches your hand towards your own face.

I'm personally happy to have a yoke, and accept it will take a little bit of time to get used to but I see some benefits in its design. I also don't see why horn application can't start to become automated in the near future.

I have another off-topic question about tires and wheels. For my 2018 MX, I had two sets - sport and winter, and I rotated them. I still have my winter wheels. Does anyone know if 20" Slipstream tires/wheels will fit on the new MX? In the past, I looked at this wheel guide. But, it is not totally clear to me if the refreshed 22" turbines have the same specs as the old versions.

Because the red, following your analogy, is just so much better than the other options in every other way. You'll just have to deal with a rotten color... (red is not rotten, btw, the yoke is). The yoke/no stalks is a horrible decision as an only option, yet some of us just have to suck it up because we really want the rest of the car.

Personally my biggest issue is with the turn signal buttons. As a European it is obvious this was not made for our roads with a gazillion roundabouts and being legally required to signal in/out of them. (and at this point someone will comment and say it is easy - it is f-ing not!)
It is not easy. Try making a right turn and while spinning the wheel then to signal left to make a quick left turn. Impossible. Like the yoke a lot. Hate the signals a lot.

Reactions: smetho
Recently, some articles popped up suggesting Tesla will start production of the Y in November or December. I know the production lines for the X and the Y are different, but am wondering if Tesla might be planning to produce EU model X in Berlin, instead of shipping them from the US. Any thoughts?

So has anyone with a 6 seat configuration get any updates/call regarding delivery? Or is it just 7/5 seaters? I have a 6 seat reservation but have heard zilch, not even a text from SA
My guess is that your SA will reach out to you in next 4 weeks giving you a delivery date. They are all about the 6 seaters this Quarter. Has to be driven by $. It would not be unheard of to get a call even well into December. It is one of those patience is a virtue times.

Reactions: jbrowdy
So has anyone with a 6 seat configuration get any updates/call regarding delivery? Or is it just 7/5 seaters? I have a 6 seat reservation but have heard zilch, not even a text from SA
We don’t need to be contacted as we already have a six seat configuration. As others have said, we will be contacted soon for delivery. The definition of soon means within the next 60 days.

We don’t need to be contacted as we already have a six seat configuration. As others have said, we will be contacted soon for delivery. The definition of soon means within the next 60 days.

Spending $6500 on a seating configuration hurt my soul a little bit when I placed my order, but now I am glad I did it... I guess the investment paid off in ways I didn't imagine at the time.