Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps more likely, they didn’t want to deliver to July 6-seat reservation holders while leaving January 5/7 seat reservation holders out in the cold. Thus way they’re at least giving earlier orders a chance for earlier delivery. I’m sure there’s a geography factor too in scheduling the deliveries, but you get the idea.
I agree with the geographical location. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my sister from CA got the call earlier this week. I (MA), ordered before her and didn't

So remind me what happens to folks like me that already have an order placed for a 6 seater? Location Arizona and order date 4/13...No FSD and LR
I'm in the same boat, I have a 6 seater ordered on 4/10... Except I'm on the east coast

in my opinion there are 2 possible scenarios:

1 - They are making enough 6 seaters to fill every existing 6 seater order and then some so they are reaching out to other folks to try and entice them to change their orders to 6 seats.

2 - They are making a certain amount of 6 seaters and they are reaching out to those who ordered first to give them the option of changing and getting their cars earlier, this way they can't complain when they see those that ordered later getting their cars because its 6 seat.

In scenario 2 theoretically you can lose your spot and be pushed to next year if enough people who ordered before you convert their order

So remind me what happens to folks like me that already have an order placed for a 6 seater? Location Arizona and order date 4/13...No FSD and LR
As one who placed a six seat LR order on 1/27, I believe we don't require a call as we already have a six seater order. Why would they call us to ask to change from 6 to 6? It's a waste of time. Once they get enough to produce their minimum batch size, they'll do batches in order. i.e. white, black, red, etc. So just because you placed an order before me, for example, doesn't mean you'll get your car first. Just depends on where your configuration falls within the batch order. Keep in mind that priority will be given to the Plaid orders.

I suspect there is some "Tesla manipulation" going on. I don't necessarily agree its only for the top $ in revenue because 22" wheels are $5500 and thus far does not seem to be in the mix. And there aren't 3 colors in 22" wheels, that would easiest to manipulate. Those wheels are easier to manage vs 6 distinct seats with 3 color choices.

The reps were told to convert orders as production is now starting (some of us heard this week and others next week during calls). Its unlikely they have 6 seats available in black, white and cream for everyone that ordered an X in past 12 months. That's a lot of discrete parts! (5 seats are less inventory. Only 3 seat part numbers per color per vehicle for 5 seaters. )

Pre-refresh date folks with any seat combo don't seem to have any EDD's (with few exceptions) because they will get those out Q4 and into early Q1 because Tesla does measure order aging and production managers have to deal with those metrics. I don't think April 2021 orders with 6 seats will ship before a 5 or 7 seater December 2020 order.

In summary, if you ordered pre-refresh date, 6 seats give you a little priority but 5 and 7 models will be right behind them. That's what I am betting on and also trying for a 2022 VIN, don't want a 2021 VIN. I will defer that delivery even is I get a VIN next week.

Reactions: DIL
I put in a Model X question for the Q4 earnings call as well:

"How many Model X do you hope to build in Q4? Will there only be specific configurations built or will you be able to cover all early reservations?"

I think we know the answer to that last part, but was wondering if they'd have anything to say about it.

I got "the call" and text from Tesla but no details in the voicemail other than to call back. I've called and texted both, however, no love! His voice mailbox was full so couldn't leave a message. Now he's out until next week. Don't think I want the 6 seat configuration based on all of the information about the 2nd row seats being fixed. My EDD is showing as January so don't feel like the juice is worth the squeeze! IMHO

Reactions: lauraut

"How many Model X do you hope to build in Q4? Will there only be specific configurations built or will you be able to cover all early reservations?"

I think we know the answer to that last part, but was wondering if they'd have anything to say about it.
Upvoted you. Also upvoted the one below as that's an interesting concept.

1634306281604.png

I upvoted.

Reactions: Elixir and ammulder

Upvoted! Let’s make it happen this time!!

Pre-refresh date folks with any seat combo don't seem to have any EDD's (with few exceptions) because they will get those out Q4 and into early Q1 because Tesla does measure order aging and production managers have to deal with those metrics. I don't think April 2021 orders with 6 seats will ship before a 5 or 7 seater December 2020 order.
I’m afraid that you will be disappointed. Based on MS delivery, those who ordered later after the price increase receive theirs cars much earlier. There were even S available online for instant order while some are still waiting.

its in 10th place

Reactions: Elixir
I'm in the same boat, I have a 6 seater ordered on 4/10... Except I'm on the east coast

in my opinion there are 2 possible scenarios:

1 - They are making enough 6 seaters to fill every existing 6 seater order and then some so they are reaching out to other folks to try and entice them to change their orders to 6 seats.

2 - They are making a certain amount of 6 seaters and they are reaching out to those who ordered first to give them the option of changing and getting their cars earlier, this way they can't complain when they see those that ordered later getting their cars because its 6 seat.

In scenario 2 theoretically you can lose your spot and be pushed to next year if enough people who ordered before you convert their order
I don’t think it’s scenario 2. Some ppl who got the call ordered in march, april, june and more its all over the place.

I suspect there is some "Tesla manipulation" going on. I don't necessarily agree its only for the top $ in revenue because 22" wheels are $5500 and thus far does not seem to be in the mix. And there aren't 3 colors in 22" wheels, that would easiest to manipulate. Those wheels are easier to manage vs 6 distinct seats with 3 color choices.

The reps were told to convert orders as production is now starting (some of us heard this week and others next week during calls). Its unlikely they have 6 seats available in black, white and cream for everyone that ordered an X in past 12 months. That's a lot of discrete parts! (5 seats are less inventory. Only 3 seat part numbers per color per vehicle for 5 seaters. )

In summary, if you ordered pre-refresh date, 6 seats give you a little priority but 5 and 7 models will be right behind them. That's what I am betting on and also trying for a 2022 VIN, don't want a 2021 VIN. I will defer that delivery even is I get a VIN next week.
They gotta have the parts lol. 10 months with no model X production? I’m sure they’re piled to the ceiling high with parts lol. Hopefully