Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm about ready to order a Rivan and see which one arrives first.
I ordered a Rivian R1S about a month ago and they are taking the same approach as Tesla, no communications as to an EDD. I've asked Customer Service for something as simple as what year I could expect to receive the model I ordered. After two back and forth e-mails, still no details. They are being very "close to the vest" and refuse to share any real substance. So I sit here frustrated with Tesla for over 6 months of no communications and getting frustrated with Rivian that they aren't even willing to give a WAG on the delivery year, much less a specific month.

I ordered a Rivian R1S about a month ago and they are taking the same approach as Tesla, no communications as to an EDD. I've asked Customer Service for something as simple as what year I could expect to receive the model I ordered. After two back and forth e-mails, still no details. They are being very "close to the vest" and refuse to share any real substance. So I sit here frustrated with Tesla for over 6 months of no communications and getting frustrated with Rivian that they aren't even willing to give a WAG on the delivery year, much less a specific month.
That's good news that means their will be more faster Model X's for delivery 👍🏽

Appreciate the update. How's the road noise? Regarding the 3rd row and lack of electronic lowering - welcome to Tesla. You're basically paying for the best possible powertrain (efficiency, speed, range).
I think the road noise is very minor. I do notice much larger noise from the motor (?) when backing up even at very slow speed. I don't know if the active noise cancellation is enabled or not though, not able to find this option on the UI.

Also was able to get in touch with the lady who arranged the delivery. She told me that she believes the current 2012-2020 weather mat will not be compatible with the new model. The new mat will be available later.

I think the road noise is very minor. I do notice much larger noise from the motor (?) when backing up even at very slow speed. I don't know if the active noise cancellation is enabled or not though, not able to find this option on the UI.

Also was able to get in touch with the lady who arranged the delivery. She told me that she believes the current 2012-2020 weather mat will not be compatible with the new model. The new mat will be available later.
Oh hey man the thing you're hearing when backing up is the pedestrian awareness system required by the government for all new vehicles sold. It emits a whirring sound when you're in reverse from an externally mounted speaker. So there should be nothing wrong with yours. :)

Oh hey man the thing you're hearing when backing up is the pedestrian awareness system required by the government for all new vehicles sold. It emits a whirring sound when you're in reverse from an externally mounted speaker. So there should be nothing wrong with yours. :)

Ahh thanks, yeah I told me wife that must be a human-made sound otherwise we need to send the car back soon lol... I wish there is a way to make the sound customizable, i mean its basically playing a user-defined mp3?

Any idea of the 20' Slipstream will fit? I have those rims with winter tires on them sitting around.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi folks,

want to give a quick update on the car. I guess it is similar to the new S where the yoke needs some time to get used to. I thought the build quality was much better than I anticipated. For instance, the front and falcon door handle alignment is very good. There was an instance of disabled air compressor with warning message, but disappears after a hard power off.

I won't say the third row is anywhere close to spacious but the second row can be adjusted forward. In this case if its not for little ones, I feel that the 6-seater may provide a better 3rd row experience because the passengers can at least put their legs in the middle. Also, to fold the 3rd row I first press a button to fold the headset, and then manually fold the body, I was hoping it can be fully automatic given its price range.

Also found it annoyed that we can't seen to zoom in the navigation map. Still can't figure out if the currently offered weather mat is compatible with the 2021 version. Tried reaching out to Tesla but did not get any response yet.

I have gotten several PMs on asking more pictures so I will try to share some later.
Our hero!

Ahh thanks, yeah I told me wife that must be a human-made sound otherwise we need to send the car back soon lol... I wish there is a way to make the sound customizable, i mean its basically playing a user-defined mp3?
Yeah definitely. I think the government probably requires a certain frequency sound, as all hybrids or other EVs I've seen make similar sounding noises.

Reactions: lauraut

Well crap on the mats. They shipped today for me. I guess I'll call Tesla tomorrow and do a return, lol. I'll ask as well just in case this lady was wrong.

While waiting on my new X…. I test drove the Audi Etron. It’s a beautiful car, luxury, nice touches. The poor sales guy was pointing out features that my 2019 X has better, rear camera, satellite gps view. We then drove the car, I got on 95 and the guy says punch it so you can “feel” the power! I looked at him and grinned, I was punching it, the poor Audi is no match VS. my X for driving enjoyment.
I really wanted to buy the Audi as it’s more luxurious and a quiet ride. The terrible range and lack of power was the deal breaker for me.

Now I have a Tesla race waiting to see what comes in first, my LR S or my X, hoping it’s the X, not sure if I want to go back to opening doors the old way again.
I felt this way when I test drove the Taycan. It felt sluggish compared to any Tesla I have every driven. So, I put it in sport mode and got a message on the screen saying the AC was going to shut off to preserve battery power. Mind you it was 100 degrees that day. That test drive did not last very long...

I just got the call at 4:30PM PST to switch over from my 5 seater to a 6 seater. The call was from a 510 area code and I almost did not answer as I thought it was spam. The call was from Fremont Operations.

The gentleman told me that they are giving me an option to prioritize my delivery to Costa Mesa, CA by switching the seat configuration (he actually tried to sell me on it...). He would not commit to my delivery date... but said that they are currently shipping 6 seaters, so it would be soon. He would also not give me a better idea as to what my delivery date for the 5 seater will be.

I passed on the option to upgrade as we really want the 5 seater. You folk's insight over the past week helped us prepare for this possibility, so the answer was easy when the call came (Thanks everyone for that...)

For reference, I has an LR, White, 20" wheels, 5 seater, no FSD ordered. My order date was Jan. 17th and my reservation # is 114382XXX.

Where is "Manager"? I don't think I have that on my account within the website. Is this something that only show up on the App?
He meant when you log into your Tesla account, you have the option to “Manage” your reservation which when you click the word “Manage,” takes you to your reservation page.

Then once you are viewing the reservation page, you can view the source code for the page by pressing the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard at the same time you press the “U” key on your keyboard.

Reactions: Empty tank