Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW: would you choose the Cadillac over the X?
I’m waiting to see the reliability of these other companies. Building a good EV isn’t the same as an ICE that they are all used to building.

Just look at the Bolt and how that worked out for GM.

I trust Tesla more than any of those legacy automakers to know how to build a good EV.

I have used LightStream for financing my M3. Their policy at that time was they will beat the lowest rate you can find by .10% and they will not put a lien on your car. You need to provide the loan agreement with the other lender and they will beat on the rate. It won’t show as an auto loan in your credit report and I always have the option of getting a loan by putting my car as collateral. Is anyone aware of any downsides to this, I am fine for almost 3 years now.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I would just finance through Tesla.. your gonna waste all that time rate shopping to save maybe 20 bucks a month.. not worth it IMO when Tesla financing is so easy
1.5% APR would save ~$4000 in total (whether that's substantial or not is up to you) vs 2.5% APR for a 72 month loan. And 3rd party finance is easy too. Personally I'd prefer to use my own bank, rather than a random bank from Tesla (last time my loan was through USBank, which I never use and I had to sign up additional online account and set up auto payment etc.)

Last edited:
If you’re looking for something to do while waiting…
Lyriq was a massive F-up by Cadillac. Dealer look up crashed for thousands, Orders sold out in 10 minutes. One dealer told me only 1500 pre-orders were available. They didn't follow Ford or Tesla and just take orders to judge demand and figure supply and factory needs. I was set to order one, failed and now with X starting again, mine will be here before Lyriq. GM is still stupid.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I got the call! But I was in a meeting. I called back. But he was on the other line. He called back! But I was in another meeting. I called back. And we finally talked. It felt like Deal or No Deal. I took the deal! And changed exterior color from White to black... And changed interior color from cream to white.

I recorded the conversation and will share it, but he said that "we'll know more in the next couple of weeks, but AZ should expect deliveries for 6 seaters late November or early December." I'll trim up and post the recording later tonight.

We're getting out MX this year!
Order date: 2/14/21
Exterior:White (now Black)
Interior: Cream (now White)
Seats: 7 (now 6)
Wheels: standard
FSD: yes

I got the call! But I was in a meeting. I called back. But he was on the other line. He called back! But I was in another meeting. I called back. And we finally talked. It felt like Deal or No Deal. I took the deal! And changed exterior color from White to black... And changed interior color from cream to white.

I recorded the conversation and will share it, but he said that "we'll know more in the next couple of weeks, but AZ should expect deliveries for 6 seaters late November or early December." I'll trim up and post the recording later tonight.

We're getting out MX this year!
Order date: 2/14/21
Exterior:White (now Black)
Interior: Cream (now White)
Seats: 7 (now 6)
Wheels: standard
FSD: yes
Mind sharing how much the upsell was total ? Any change to base price ?