Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Tesla home charger today... I thought what a travesty if my MX finally arrives and I can't charge it bc Tesla sells out of those suckers.... In today's world, you never know. I don't, however, feel any sense of urgency to get it installed...
As you wait for your model X, let me assure you: You’ll love home charging. Make sure your installer puts in a full 60 (sixty) amp circuit (with the proper gauge wiring) to get the full benefit of 45 miles added per hour (on the Y. I don’t recall the stats for the X).

When we got our Tesla high power wall connector the installer put it on a fifty amp circuit. That was cost cutting on their part and they weren’t forthright. I looked at the circuit breaker and realized this and nicely called them back and insisted they do me right.

Why did that matter? A 50 amp circuit puts less miles each hour into the vehicle than a 60 amp circuit. If I wanted to charge at 50 amps I could have used the mobile connector just had a NEMA 14-50 outlet (an RV outlet) installed in my garage. That would have saved $500 on the Tesla wall connector ALONE (apart from installation costs).

Having max refill speed at home REALLY matters when your life is carefully divided into segments of minutes and seconds.

It was a really good thing to do as we waited on our first Tesla.

And still waiting on my LR X, red FSD 7 seater. 😉

• Informative
Reactions: lauraut and DIL
6F714D53-357A-4BAE-B946-536028F3507F.jpeg
Early 6 seater December 2020 order, Bay Area (Fremont) delivery. My order build is attached, R1142xxxx.

Updated to January today. Which, I’m hoping just means it’s finally queued up for building, and will be delivered before end of year like the other 6 seat builds.

FSD beta tester here and it’s a nightmare here in AZ. It’s honestly terrible.
Fascinating. I wish I could factually observe what you’ve observed.

I’ve watched quite a bit of FSD footage and even the parts where it’s a dumb teenager I’m kinda impressed. I think it’s worth getting in the X refresh.

I mean it’s not perfect but it is of logical origin and has continually-improving logic. 🤷🏼‍♂️

View attachment 725834Early 6 seater December 2020 order, Bay Area (Fremont) delivery. My order build is attached, R1142xxxx.

Updated to January today. Which, I’m hoping just means it’s finally queued up for building, and will be delivered before end of year like the other 6 seat builds.
View attachment 725834Early 6 seater December 2020 order, Bay Area (Fremont) delivery. My order build is attached, R1142xxxx.

I also am a late 2020 6-seater order. Delivery estimate went from blank to "January" today as well.

Reactions: niogyn
I also am a late 2020 6-seater order. Delivery estimate went from blank to "January" today as well.
December 2020 order, Bay Area (Fremont) delivery. My order build is attached, R1142xxxx.

Originally October 2020 6-seater order. Also noticed I'm updated to January from blank as well.

Fascinating. I wish I could factually observe what you’ve observed.

I’ve watched quite a bit of FSD footage and even the parts where it’s a dumb teenager I’m kinda impressed. I think it’s worth getting in the X refresh.

I mean it’s not perfect but it is of logical origin and has continually-improving logic. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I have FSD beta 10.3 and I use it here in SoCal. It is not anywhere near perfect, but it is fun to use IMO. It definitely is starting to get good. Once V11 drops that should be another big jump in performance.

Last edited:
The strange part is the delivery estimate Is dramatically different depending on what delivery state you choose
As if flexing with a LR is not a thing. Lets be honest, how many cars do you encounter at the trafficlight that can outrun a Model X. I dare say none to maybe once a blue moon.
There's got to be something definitely wrong here.
My LR 20" wheels, white exterior, cream interior, 6 seater (originally picked) was blank for the longest time and also now shows "January" like literally everyone here as of this morning! lol
Ordered 4/19/21
Seems like everyone got updated to Jan.
I'm happy to announce that mine still blank and mine is one of the earliest order (nov 11, 2020)
LR/6/MSM/White/20
Mine is still blank. Ordered Jan 2021 LR white with black interior 6 seat no FSD

As you wait for your model X, let me assure you: You’ll love home charging. Make sure your installer puts in a full 60 (sixty) amp circuit (with the proper gauge wiring) to get the full benefit of 45 miles added per hour (on the Y. I don’t recall the stats for the X).

When we got our Tesla high power wall connector the installer put it on a fifty amp circuit. That was cost cutting on their part and they weren’t forthright. I looked at the circuit breaker and realized this and nicely called them back and insisted they do me right.

Why did that matter? A 50 amp circuit puts less miles each hour into the vehicle than a 60 amp circuit. If I wanted to charge at 50 amps I could have used the mobile connector just had a NEMA 14-50 outlet (an RV outlet) installed in my garage. That would have saved $500 on the Tesla wall connector ALONE (apart from installation costs).

Having max refill speed at home REALLY matters when your life is carefully divided into segments of minutes and seconds.

It was a really good thing to do as we waited on our first Tesla.

And still waiting on my LR X, red FSD 7 seater. 😉
I did that with the new v3 chargwr 18’

Realized it was too short.
Then the release the 24’ version.

Meh.

I think we are in the same boat, ordered December 2020 6 seater and taking factory delivery.

updated to January today from blank

Reactions: niogyn