Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I switched to 6 seat interior since they assured that doing so would get delivery this year, and if I kept 5 seat, it would be next year. As of today, my estimated delivery is January! I’m gonna be awfully pissed if they charged me an additional $6500 to take delivery this year, and still try to deliver in January!

Reactions: jbrowdy
I have seen plenty of footage online of FSD as well and I’m not sure what to tell you.. maybe people are picking and choosing what clips to show.. or maybe you just can’t see the random things it does from footage.. it constantly slams on the brakes when nothing is around and accelerates super aggressively for no reason as well.. there are moments where it works really well and is super impressive, but it is so dangerous it’s not even funny.. there’s countless situations it can’t handle..I haven’t been on a drive yet where it wouldn’t have caused an accident if I didn’t take over, or where it hasn’t slammed ln the brakes out of nowhere for no reason which luckily hasn’t caused anyone to rear end me yet.. it has years and years before it’s safe. I do agree that in order for it to ever work without a driver in the vehicle all vehicles on the road will need to be able to communicate with one another

I have seen plenty of footage online of FSD as well and I’m not sure what to tell you.. maybe people are picking and choosing what clips to show.. or maybe you just can’t see the random things it does from footage.. it constantly slams on the brakes when nothing is around and accelerates super aggressively for no reason as well.. there are moments where it works really well and is super impressive, but it is so dangerous it’s not even funny.. there’s countless situations it can’t handle..I haven’t been on a drive yet where it wouldn’t have caused an accident if I didn’t take over, or where it hasn’t slammed ln the brakes out of nowhere for no reason which luckily hasn’t caused anyone to rear end me yet.. it has years and years before it’s safe. I do agree that in order for it to ever work without a driver in the vehicle all vehicles on the road will need to be able to communicate with one another

This is what I've observed from youtube videos as well... I watched Ryan Shaw, Bearded Tesla guy, and a few others... and it seemed like a total disaster and really unsafe.... downright scary in some moments. I certainly would not trust FSD anytime soon and am happy with highway autopilot.

I have to agree that fsd is not worth $10k.

The 10K kept being justified by EM because literal FULL SELF DRIVING (go to sleep in your car) was said to be a near term forgone conclusion. It was also said with absolute certainty that anyone who purchased FSD would be able to turn their car into a robotaxi within the next year or two. All these exaggerations led to the absolutely unwarranted price bumps.

Last edited:
The 10K kept being justified by EM because literal FULL SELF DRIVING (go to sleep in your car) was said to be a near term forgone conclusion. It was also said with absolute certainty that anyone who purchased FSD would be able to turn their car into a robotaxi within the next year or two. All these exaggerations lead to the absolutely unwarranted price bumps.
He’s right that it’s the goal and we will get there someday. But we all know Elon time by now. Hence why I will pass on FSD even thought it’s only two weeks away.

• Funny
Reactions: TWENT2
It is my strong opinion that we should pour our resources into making humans the best drivers they can possibly be. I don't believe a computer will ever exercise better judgement than a sober human. And, the phase in which computers are "getting better" is extremely dangerous. People gain trust and complacency from the moments that FSD is "super impressive" when they shouldn't. We have already seen a number of deaths related to FSD/Autopilot that, in my estimation, could have been avoided if the driver was not so trusting of FSD.

I have to ag that fsd is not worth $10k.
The 10K kept being justified by EM because literal FULL SELF DRIVING (go to sleep in your car) was said to be a near term forgone conclusion. It was also said with absolute certainty that anyone who purchased FSD would be able to turn their car into a robotaxi within the next year or two. All these exaggerations lead to the absolutely unwarranted price bumps.
Exactly. Remember when Elon tweeted FSD will be 'completed' by end of 2020? That was back in 2019 and it sucked in alot of people to buy fsd at that time. Look what they have now? Not much more.

Don't forget Tesla is building one of the strongest super computers in the world just to help fine tune self driving. I feel shortly after completion you will see significant improvement as the AI learns at a much higher rate.
Maybe as a simple exercise, they can apply the super computers to better estimate our delivery dates!! 😉

It is my strong opinion that we should pour our resources into making humans the best drivers they can possibly be. I don't believe a computer will ever exercise better judgement than a sober human. And, the phase in which computers are "getting better" is extremely dangerous. People gain trust and complacency from the moments that FSD is "super impressive" when they shouldn't. We have already seen a number of deaths related to FSD/Autopilot that, in my estimation, could have been avoided if the driver was not so trusting of FSD.
Humans have distractions. Sites to see, texts to read, medications, alcohol, food, smoking, less than perfect vision and hearing, anger etc. And humans can be very stupid at times, as evidenced by the Plaid driver at 116 mph in a 30 MPH residential zone, launching into someone's home.

Long term I trust the computers, more than humans. But FSD is not there yet.

Hi all! I’ve been reading this topic since about page 190 of this thread. It has certainly been entertaining while I wait. This will be my first Tesla (and EV) and am pumped. I have had the charger installed since June and have even charged my friends’ rides a few times.

Ordered March 2021. White ext., black int., 6 seat config
Page 190.... So basically you started reading 2 weeks ago 😂 Welcome to the club.