Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here, but long time lurker, about 150 pages, so 2/3 weeks maybe😅.

Order an long range blue, black interior, 7 seats 20', in 6 august 2021, estimated delivery on order page for Portugal Mars/April, in september changed to middle of 2022, and now end of 2022, no EDD ever.

The refershed Model S is not yet being deliveres in Europe, so i will probably have to wait a long time for it, hope to see pictures of yours soon :cool:

I ordered it after the 10k€ increase, dumb me, the price last week incressed more 5K€, the funny thing it the Plaid, still has the same price, now we have Plaid at 121K€, and the LR at 115K€, if the diferece continue, i think i will see a lot of plaid in Portugal in the future, i don't know if the diference is similar in other countries in europe.

Ordered in May because my daughter was due in August and the EDD back then was April or something in Jan. When I ordered it, I think the EDD was October…

Now I really can’t wait to get my X because it’s a pain for someone 6’1 to put a car seat into a Model
6’4“ and oner 70 I gave up the M3 in August … It was too low for me as us the MS. Ordered the MX in April; fingers crossed for a delivery soon. Currently reads January, will contact me.

Reactions: TallBill
Interesting! I know a lot of people were wondering about that.

Now you have me wondering if mine is one of those sitting on the Freemont Test Track grass... Because those were definitely rolled off of the line prior to Nov 1...
Exactly. Cars rolling off the line yesterday and beyond are 2022. There were MXs sitting around waiting for something that could end up being yours. If it rolled off the line before November 1st, you’ll have a 2021 model.

Reactions: TWENT2 and Fulkth
I don’t know, these new EPA range estimates are disappointing. I was hoping they would eek out some more. I do feel like in 1-2 years a long range is coming.

Actually has me reconsidering. Ultimately wanted two daily drivers (model x) and an always ready to go weekend truck (CT or gas) to haul a camper into the woods. Actually debating getting the 2022 tundra TRD PRO and waiting on getting the X for a couple years until range improves and production continues to iron out.

I shouldn’t be complaining as these are first world problems, but was hoping for EPA to be better than this. After degradation we are looking at only a +85 delta over my 2017 model X 75d. To be fair though I think this new X will get much closer to rated range than my old X where they didn’t adjust for weight or wheels.

I don’t know, these new EPA range estimates are disappointing. I was hoping they would eek out some more. I do feel like in 1-2 years a long range is coming.

Actually has me reconsidering. Ultimately wanted two daily drivers (model x) and an always ready to go weekend truck (CT or gas) to haul a camper into the woods. Actually debating getting the 2022 tundra TRD PRO and waiting on getting the X for a couple years until range improves and production continues to iron out.

I shouldn’t be complaining as these are first world problems, but was hoping for EPA to be better than this. After degradation we are looking at only a +85 delta over my 2017 model X 75d. To be fair though I think this new X will get much closer to rated range than my old X where they didn’t adjust for weight or wheels.

I was hoping to receive a Plaid + with 500 mile range when I heard there is a delay on government approval. That hope is gone. I agree, a little disappointed. Now I just need a car. I am sick of paying for a rental.

I can't believe they dropped the long-range from the X title with no heads up, no warning no nothing. Now we just another X to add to our X girlfriend/boyfriend, X wife/husband. Bummer 😥
Apparently the stock market didn't like it neither down 51 points at opening.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-083101_Finance.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-083101_Finance.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 68
I can't believe they dropped the long-range from the X title with no heads up, no warning no nothing. Now we just another X to add to our X girlfriend/boyfriend, X wife/husband. Bummer 😥
This happened to us in 2019 when we ordered an X100D and then they stopped making it. Our X still said it was a 100D on the Monroney sticker but we didn't get any badge and just missed out on the Raven changes. It was one of the very first Model X to have the AP3 FSD computer in it. Last year, we ordered the LR X and are still waiting. Now it looks like we won't be getting a "LR" after all.
Apparently the stock market didn't like it neither down 51 points at opening.
That's because Elon tweeted there was no signed contract with Hertz for the 100,000 Model 3 purchase.

Anyone have an EDD of this year? I talked to a sales rep in the Bay Area who said Plaids would deliver by December, though im unsure now (my plaid x has an edd of july which im sure is just a placeholder)
You think they meant that your Plaid would deliver by December or that Plaids would start delivering in December?

I have a Feb ‘21 order and I’m barely hanging on a thread of hope for December delivery.

Last edited: