Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does everyone think that 7 seaters will come after 6 seaters based on profit margins? I ordered a 7 seater in early April and never received a call. Anyone received a call to convert that ordered in April or later?
I think so. The only way it'd be otherwise is if the new backrow seats (assuming it's new) had issues right now. If that happened, I could see the 5 seat version being made next.

Reactions: lexus26
Screenshot_20211105-145653~2.png

If this date sticks that will be an awesome birthday present.

Edit: not liking the idea of driving home in rush hour traffic though.

I'm 1142, ordered on Jan 29, 2021. Hope this helps
Reservation numbers are sequential and include all Tesla models. Many people only show the first several digits on this Forum. Tesla sold around 26,000 Model X vehicles in 2020 so we can assume there are a lot of refresh models currently on order after 11 months of delayed production.

Its not about driving 450 miles straight. Its having consistent usable range over 300 miles. No matter what weather, if you stop and park for 6 hours leaving sentry etc on. I can understand it, but I dont think its happening anytime soon. Superchargers are plentiful today, and will be even more so in a few years. I can also see V4 charging giving 300kW+ being done as an update to exisiting V3 chargers
I agree. Currently have a 2020 X LR shows 330 mile full charge. They are going to have to add another 100 to interest me to upgrading. It is all a snowball effect. When traveling no one wants to charge over 80% because the last 20% takes too long. So if you start off with 330 you can only go @250 before charging and then you are only go to charge to @ 260 which will only give you @ 180 miles etc. So 450 would be a good "advertised" range for real world use. The Superchargers are fast enough now, they just need to work on having peak charging for more sustained periods of time.

I ordered plaid and was told before the end of the year as well. I’ll be very disappointed if it isn’t. We’re being hit with a big luxury tax in Canada for vehicles that cost $100k+ delivered or bought after Jan 1st 2022 so I’m relying on it getting prior to the end of the year like I was told on the phone. Else I wouldn’t have switched to the 6 seater.
There’s 100% no chance a plaid X gets delivered to Canada this year

Reactions: slevit1md
Well no because those are only the first 5 digits there are four more digits after those. So it most likely means if they do the reservation numbers in order (you would think) you are 150,000 off mine (which seems high so I really don’t know). How helpful is that?
I believe you are off by one zero.... there is a 15,000 orders separating the two orders.... but the orders include all cars, not just X... they are chronological, indicating some type of priority scheme.

I ordered on 1/17 and my number is 11438...