Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 729758
If this date sticks that will be an awesome birthday present.

Edit: not liking the idea of driving home in rush hour traffic though.
Ok, I'm going out on a limb here: I predict tomorrow will be a great day for at least one MX customer. :D

Also, I predict sunshine and a high around the mid 60's for tomorrow in Marina Del Ray.

Controversial opinion: The rebate should actually get bigger proportionally as the price of the car gets bigger to account for this. $5k will move the needle on a $30k car, $20k would move the needle on a $100k car, etc.
Rebate money has to come from somewhere. If it comes from the company they need to raise the prices elsewhere to cover the cost or take a loss. If it comes from a Government entity it has to come from tax and other revenues. The former makes the competitive in the short term, the latter makes taxpayers angry.

New flyover just showed up on my YouTube recommendations! Super big shoutout to the awesome person doing this!
It’s interesting at the end of the storage area that appears to be holding all the X's. There is a short tent that they appear to be feeding the cars through. Just wondering if that might be the spot where they install the last “missing part” that is causing these to be left outside, instead of being placed on delivery trucks.

So, I can tell the difference between models when I am driving down the road by looking at roof slope, taillights, headlights, etc.. What are you looking for to differentiate the models from the drone footage? Roof slope? Windows? Split in the roof? What should I be looking for?
Looking for refreshed x with one door handle on the side, roof style if there’s any rectangular cut line on both side and that black trim on the trunk, etc..

Reactions: Zygote1975
I have a stupid question.

Tesla changed the MX range and it is not LR anymore. So we get ours with a lower range and the name won't be LR anymore. But in my order, I have an LR and I have a $20,000 charge for it. what is wrong here? I am confused!
The vehicle is the same as the Long Range because of the size of the battery 100+kWh. Tesla is just dropping the LR designation since that caused confusion since there is no longer a standard/short-range variant. No idea about the $20K charge. When did you order?

FWIW, I had the regular 75 kWh in my 2018 X (I did not buy the LR 100+ kWh for 18K more). 220 miles rated, actual about 175 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoda1982
Looking for refreshed x with one door handle on the side, roof style if there’s any rectangular cut line on both side and that black trim on the trunk, etc..
So, I can tell the difference between models when I am driving down the road by looking at roof slope, taillights, headlights, etc.. What are you looking for to differentiate the models from the drone footage? Roof slope? Windows? Split in the roof? What should I be looking for?
It is really hard to tell them apart unless you can read the rear of the car "Plaid" cars will say Plaid.

That truck going through Bakersfield should look like this!!! Otherwise, we are never going to get far enough down the list for ANY of us to get our Xs...

We took this picture on our way to the Costa Mesa delivery center in 2017... So, if you picked your X up on the 21 through the 23rd of December that year, this probably has your car on it.

FULKTH: GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! Hopefully, your pickup will be as fun as ours on that magical day! (That's our car, as we 1st saw it at the Delivery Center... )

Attachments

• 20171220_105129.jpg
    20171220_105129.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20171220_105945.jpg
    20171220_105945.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 64
It’s interesting at the end of the storage area that appears to be holding all the X's. There is a short tent that they appear to be feeding the cars through. Just wondering if that might be the spot where they install the last “missing part” that is causing these to be left outside, instead of being placed on delivery trucks.
Sure would like to get a video of the other side of that tent, as well as the side where parts seem to be located... so we might be able to see what they are doing in there...

Talked to a Porsche salesman today and he told me that new order delivery dates for 911's are 2-3 years and that they are demanding and getting large premiums over MSRP. In the case of a 911 GT3, it's a minimum 3 year wait and they are pre-selling the orders and charging $50K over MSRP. He also mentioned that it's not unusual to sell new vehicles that don't include power seats and power adjustable steering wheels. Porsche is prioritizing features to best utilize the chip supplies available.

Crazy world...
Pricing sounds typical for Porsche. My neighbor has over $25K in upgrades for his Taycan Turbo S + paid more to get the car now!

Also, the timeframe sounds right. Porsches can be custom ordered with dozens of packages and individual items like clocks choices.

And I thought Porsche dropped power accessories on most of their performance models a while back.

Reactions: Fulkth
Rebate money has to come from somewhere. If it comes from the company they need to raise the prices elsewhere to cover the cost or take a loss. If it comes from a Government entity it has to come from tax and other revenues. The former makes the competitive in the short term, the latter makes taxpayers angry.
Sorry, I shouldn't have called it a rebate. I'm talking about the newly passed tax incentive that is paid for by tax payers. If the goal is truly getting as many EV's out there instead of ICE, the incentive should be larger for higher priced vehicles because it would take a larger incentive for buyers of vehicles in that range to make the switch. Again, I'm noting that it would be super controversial.

Although it started with the intention of incentivizing EVs, it turned into a political tool because they had to garner enough votes to get it to pass. For instance, the ridiculous rule that you get more of an incentive for buying an EV made by a company with unions. That doesn't help incentivize conversion to EV at all. It's just a punishment for Tesla and they had to add it to get votes. Same for the income and price limits.

Reactions: Vitaman
Sorry, I shouldn't have called it a rebate. I'm talking about the newly passed tax incentive that is paid for by tax payers. If the goal is truly getting as many EV's out there instead of ICE, the incentive should be larger for higher priced vehicles because it would take a larger incentive for buyers of vehicles in that range to make the switch. Again, I'm noting that it would be super controversial.

Although it started with the intention of incentivizing EVs, it turned into a political tool because they had to garner enough votes to get it to pass. For instance, the ridiculous rule that you get more of an incentive for buying an EV made by a company with unions. That doesn't help incentivize conversion to EV at all. It's just a punishment for Tesla and they had to add it to get votes. Same for the income and price limits.
Giving rebate/incentive to buyers of $100K cars is political suicide, and of questionable value, if you want to get rid of the most ICE vehicles. It is better to give split a large rebate into 2 rebates get 2 people to switch to $40K EVs versus one person to switch from a Mercedes G wagon to a Model X, which they would buy without the rebate since they want the X.

Why can’t Tesla order the missing part or parts from Amazon? They have free overnight shipping - all those model Xs would be ready ASAP! Maybe Tesla is getting held up with USPS?
I know you are kidding, but has anyone ordered anything with electronics in it from Amazon lately? In August we ordered a soundbar for a TV as a Sept. birthday present. ETA is Jan 15, 2022.

If you can confirm the current floor mats would fit. TIA.
I've had SA tell me that they didn't fit AND Tesla gave me a return label for the ones I had just purchased to return when I emailed them asking, "Do these fit the refreshed 2021/2022 MX? If not, please provide a return label." They are still sitting in my garage, so if @Fulkth says they do fit, I shall keep them. Ordered ahead of time just in case there was a shortage of them.

Reactions: Fulkth
Looks like someone on the street threw a huge party and people parked wherever the heck they wanted to!

Well I disagree. The median price of a home in San Mateo County is @ $2 million. Home prices continue to surge in San Mateo County
Not sure how "comfortable" one can be with a gross income of $122k. And as stated by others the goal is to move everyone too EV's. Many of the "rich" still make buying decisions by "saving" money. Especially "tax savings" since they often hate paying taxes. The world will benefit the more people buy EV's. If it takes a tax credit to move some - do it. And I stand by my position that these "low" limits are based on politics of red mind vs blue mind and relative thoughts of who/what is rich.
I submit most of the tax credit stuff is off topic for this thread so Bruce will probably remove us all eventually..that being said everyone points to housing and how insane it is in CA. Other goods and services aren’t that much incredibly more expensive in CA.

Your ability to buy a tesla in San Francisco for example. You pay the same price I do on the east coast in a cheap area. So if your salary is double mine due to inflated salaries to compensate for Bay Area living as a portion of your income you pay less for your Tesla than I do. Your taxes aren’t that much higher than my state either so you’re not getting killed on the vehicle purchase there.

Same for food. Is the price of a burger or a soda or a gallon of milk that much higher than what I pay? Is it double or more like 10%?

Last edited: