Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel as frustrated as you do but I must address a comment you made regarding Autism. As the father of an autistic son I have learned a great deal about this disorder and those who live with it. I'm glad Elon shared his diagnosis and it does in general terms give more color to the man. But to extrapolate that his Autism guides the corporate culture and informs their utter lack of customer centric experience is a stretch. As I have complained in various posts there is an entire senior leadership team with the ability to communicate more to the staff down the chain and provide customers with more information. With Space X, The Borring Co and Neurolink I don't think Elon gets in the weeds of staff and customer communications. His SVPs and VPs are the issue. As long as there is demand they will always feel they are doing it right. I'm with you... After this experience I may not give my money to Tesla again unless things change and the competition doesn't make a equivalent product and better customer experience. When I ordered my Model X it only cost $79k Then added $8,000 to the refresh order which I begrudgingly agreed to. Today's prices are laughable and I would never pay them. When they told me I could get my car sooner if I took a six seater I said sure I'll take a six seater then they wanted an additional $6,500 and I told the guy to kiss my ass! I may get the last White, 5 seat, Long Range they make in 2022 but they are not getting another dime out of me. And yes... I did not buy FSD either.
You make your point well. I think we probably only disagree on our feelings of how much a CEO truly impacts the overall corporate culture…

Reactions: retco
There is one great hope for tesla. And that is the starship system. Elon may have his mind entirely on getting to Mars in 5 years. That means he'll quit trying to do every tiny bit of Tesla's PR and decision making. You will note that he was not at the last call after the quarterly report. This may be a hint that things are turning our way! Love the guy, but boy does he need to step out of the way in some places. And, he does drive everything as to culture in Tesla right now. So it is his influence that is keeping things as they are.

Realistically there is no other way for this company to grow now. They have to have this extreme focus in order to get the primary job done. Once they get more settled in, Austin and Germany running, I think they'll have time to do things besides production.
Yes! And with SpaceX at least for the next few years there won’t be any of those pesky customers or SA’s to deal with :)

View attachment 735062I just received this text. I am in bay area.

Dumb question: I want to do the loan with DCU, should I select cash payment? I thought loan means the financing with Tesla.
How are you becoming a member of DCU? You’re doing the Free Software Foundation membership route? Can you let us know if the rates are real after you apply? tia

Last edited:
Everyone’s EDD switched to the app from the online account right? Mine says “we’re building your car” but I doubt it. Is that the place holder everyone is seeing?

Attachments

• E559FB4D-3E6F-4392-9A75-181CAEA8FB84.png
    E559FB4D-3E6F-4392-9A75-181CAEA8FB84.png
    338.2 KB · Views: 96
Everyone’s EDD switched to the app from the online account right? Mine says “we’re building your car” but I doubt it. Is that the place holder everyone is seeing?
Help me understand this.
On my iPhone app I see only details about current X.
I have to go to Tesla.com via a browser to see the new X that is on order.
Is there a way to see this on my app?

I usually buy a new car every 4 years (this time will be 5+ years only because of the delivery delays). So my next purchase will likely be in 2026. Will I buy a Tesla then?

My guess is no. Four years is a long time these days. There is more to a company than making a great product. In four years there will be others with great products. The winner among those will be the company who best cares about their customers (or at least gives the strongest impression they care). Tesla has a huge head start now because they are the true innovator, and Elon is a genius. And as has been pointed out, the elimination of car dealerships and the humiliating and time-wasting negotiations over price, has given Tesla a real edge in the customer experience. But realistically there’s nothing more Tesla can do to keep that edge.

Or rather, there is something they could do but that something is not in Elon’s DNA, in fact the reverse is in his DNA—he candidly revealed a while back that he has ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and while that has clearly aided him enormously in his focus and energy devoted to innovation, a hallmark of ASD is problems with social, emotional and communication skills.

Whatever we may feel, Elon does not hate us, he is simply indifferent to us. If he were asked why Tesla doesn’t devote even minuscule attention to his SAs or his customers, his reply would likely be one of confusion: why would anyone do that?

And for the time being, that is fine. I will absolutely love my new refreshed X, whenever it arrives, and will quickly forget the humiliation and frustration he is putting us through. The product will be totally worth it. But in four years’ time, it may be a different story….
My guess is that Tesla will be the only company offering ICE-beating long-distance towing performance in 2025, and I’m likely to put up with some of the same b.s. to get one.

Reactions: stephenstohn