Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do you have "building your car"?
Nope, I have "Well notify you when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment."
Screenshot_20211123-081312.png

Oh, by the way, I called Tesla to see what the deal is on the new Order Fee. It's not transferrable if you change your mind anymore. $250 flushed down the toilet if you decide to go a different route from the X for some reason. So, for those considering speculating on the low, low Plaid X pricing right now, keep that in mind. $250 is a lot of money that's enough for like, almost one tire, or 1/3 of a proper steering wheel to replace the yoke

Last edited:
I have "TBD"
Order date: 2/14/21
Original Configuration: LR 7 seat white cream 20 FSD
'The Call' date: 10/21/21
New Configuration: LR 6 Seat black white 20 FSD
This is the thing that makes people upset (and I’m assuming TBD is better than Jan). But I ordered before you, with an original 6 seat configuration, same color combo and live closer to Freemont and it looks like you will get it before me (nothing against you). But the logic just doesn’t seem right. I even contacted them saying I’m willing to pick up at Freemont.

I ordered a Model Y Nov 1st with a EDD of October '22. A week later, the EDD changed to "April 05 - May 03" - the specificness caught me by surprise. This week it changed to "June".

So, it appears that Tesla is updating EDDs (at least for their other vehicles).

You must have delayed delivery for quite a while! #pandemictime #amiright 😂 I think that the oldest order in this group (that didn't take an intentional delivery delay) was in December 2020.
Actually I'm November 2020. ordered pre-refresh. Kind of wish i had rec'd it prior to the refresh. I don't like the horizonal screen. I want stalks.....

Reactions: TWENT2
You can certainly sell it for more than the new refresh is worth right now. I've seen these 2020's and 2021's going for some insane prices on the used marketplace.
I randomly wonder what my vehicle would go for on the market right now.
Actually I'm November 2020. ordered pre-refresh. Kind of wish i had rec'd it prior to the refresh. I don't like the horizonal screen. I want stalks.....
I did take an intentional delay, but restarted trying to take delivery the first week of November 2020. I also was trying to take delivery June through mid September 2020. I wonder if they keep track of that type of stuff and that's why I was one of the first outside of the Bay area here in California.

I mean if this is true then there’s almost no hope for us lol. We ain’t getting no car in January 😂😭 heck it might be june before we actually get it 💀
That was my thinking... So I ordered a Y as a second car - knowing that Y delivery date is more certain (and hopefully soon)... Eventually, when both cars are in my possession, will sell our existing 10 year old car.

This is the thing that makes people upset (and I’m assuming TBD is better than Jan). But I ordered before you, with an original 6 seat configuration, same color combo and live closer to Freemont and it looks like you will get it before me (nothing against you). But the logic just doesn’t seem right. I even contacted them saying I’m willing to pick up at Freemont.
Yeah, I take NO offense because I totally get that frustration.

HOWEVER, to this point in time, the only clarity on who sits where in the queue line is what we (in this waiting room) have divined from the T leaves (see what I did there? 😂 ) - We DO know that some people have TBD and some have January. We DO know that some people have "We're building your car" and some have "We'll notify you" - but other than that, our extremely slow trickle of VINs doesn't really provide us with enough data points to make well informed conclusions.

Case in point - Everyone has "We're building your car" - I don't... My optimistic reaction is, "Maybe that means mine is already built!" BUT my deep down realistic reaction is, "CRAP they forgot to update my status and I'm probably in the back of the line"
I would imagine that there is more evidence (Overwhelming majority of VINners and MX deliveries are in CA) indicating that you will get your car before I do, than there is evidence that I will get mine first. Also, we have a TON of evidence that MX EDDs are about as reliable as a screen door on a submarine.

Now, I DO hope that I get mine first and if I do, I will take no offense to you being upset. And to make it up to you, I'll do my best to follow in the footsteps of our Champion @Fulkth and share as much information as I possibly can with the waiting room! (I should be so lucky!)