Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to see VIN assignments are picking up! I picked up my car last night. Fit and finish appears to be very good. I have rear floor mats, but no front floor mats. I think they gave mine to @Fulkth or I have his rear mats. One other annoying issue is that only one speaker in the very front of the car is working (I think this is the "autopilot" speaker @Fulkth previously referred to). None of the other speakers work and my microphone does not work at all (neither for voice controls or Bluetooth calls). I tried the scroll wheel reset. Any other ideas?

Glad to see VIN assignments are picking up! I picked up my car last night. Fit and finish appears to be very good. I have rear floor mats, but no front floor mats. I think they gave mine to @Fulkth or I have his rear mats. One other annoying issue is that only one speaker in the very front of the car is working (I think this is the "autopilot" speaker @Fulkth previously referred to). None of the other speakers work and my microphone does not work at all (neither for voice controls or Bluetooth calls). I tried the scroll wheel reset. Any other ideas?

Maybe they didn’t put them in, like the USB C ports, and they’ll do it later. 😂

Congrats! Seems like you got your car a day earlier. But sorry to hear about your speakers. How can the speakers doesn’t work on $100k+ car?! Hope you get it fixed asap. Enjoy!

Reactions: Fulkth
Pictures?

Reactions: Fulkth
Hmm scroll reset worked for me, that's the same problem I had. Would the factory reset maybe help? I've never tried that in a car, I'd be afraid to do it in the new refresh without Tesla involved. It's weird it is using that backup autopilot speaker upon delivery for both you and me.

Also lol at the mats, I literally imagine an employee at Fremont given a single set of mats and told to put them in these two cars.

Hmm scroll reset worked for me, that's the same problem I had. Would the factory reset maybe help? I've never tried that in a car, I'd be afraid to do it in the new refresh without Tesla involved. It's weird it is using that backup autopilot speaker upon delivery for both you and me.

Also lol at the mats, I literally imagine an employee at Fremont given a single set of mats and told to put them in these two cars.
Mats are incredibly expensive and hard to come by you know. Probably make up a significant portion of the vehicles cost so they couldn’t afford to give you guys a full set. The full set of mats is coming in an OTA update “soon”.

Anyone reconsidering paying for FSD after seeing the current state of FSD beta (alpha)? I certainly am for my CyberTruck order
I added it to my order ( scheduled delivery May 2022) to lock down 10k price

I'll probably buy it not because it is worth 10k today but may regret it if Tesla increase the price (of full buy or subscription) once fsd if current beta is released to all

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Got in my car this morning and black screens. Hit the brake and the gear selectors below the wireless pad lit up. Resetting got my screens back but I was definitely worried there.
Sure hope it's a one-time occurrence! Not something you want to see in a brand new vehicle, regardless of the technology and software complexity.

Sure hope it's a one-time occurrence! Not something you want to see in a brand new vehicle, regardless of the technology and software complexity.

As a 6+ year Tesla owner I can say it's not a one-time thing. Learn the various means for rebooting whatever Tesla you're driving...rebooting can cure a variety of random ills. They don't call these cars "computers on wheels" for nothing. ;)

Bruce.

Here is how to Tesla app and website look like with a Vin and a Scheduled Delivery.
IMG_2861.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.46.28 AM.png

Congrats! Seems like you got your car a day earlier. But sorry to hear about your speakers. How can the speakers doesn’t work on $100k+ car?! Hope you get it fixed asap. Enjoy!
I don't think it's the speakers themselves, seems to be some quirk in when they bring the car out of factory/service mode it keeps using the backup speaker. A scroll wheel reset fixed mine but it's disturbing it didn't work for BDiddy.

Once things are on internet, it's permanent and can be viewed by an unknown/unlimited number of peope. The possibility of scam risk is hard to access.
I know, lots of possibilities, I’ve just never heard of someone actually being compromised by a vehicle vin. In the same spirit I can go take a picture of vins on a few 3s pending delivery and post it on the internet permanently. Just curious if anyone knows of real world issues or if it’s urban myth.