Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing on my pre-fresh order has changed but that’s been the MO for me. I never had an EDD from the time I purchased (jan) until July when all of a sudden it said Sept as EDD. Then that went blank for a while and January came up as the EDD and it has been that with the new verbiage of don’t contact us…and we are building your car since. I did contact someone at Tesla in Sept and they said my car was in the building phase and explained that basically means they are gathering parts to put it together. I didn’t think it would be 2.5 to gather part or be in the “build” phase.
I think you may be underestimating the challenges of supply chains right now. For all we know there are 2 critical components sitting in a ship waiting to dock for weeks. And then it could be in a container buried 5 containers deep in a dock in an infinite waiting list to get pulled and transported.

My company does some light electrics manufacturing and the delays in these types of things has been immense

Someone with a black LR and the 22in (seat config unknown) taking delivery tomorrow!
4D43BA44-3C88-4E2F-A4AD-CD3D6620B80E.png