Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice work detective! I wonder if that trend is going to continue,or if they're assigning Vins out of order.
Definitely not out of order. Although they are being produced in order, some may just be sitting in the track field awaiting parts and only those matching the configuration they are looking for being pulling in for the quick 'fix'. So who knows. Trying to verify my data.

Reactions: TWENT2 and Hebert
NHTSA search found me 5YJXCBE56MF327502 to be the last one registered for 2021 before the site started trying to lock me out. Maybe someone knows of a better way to check VINs registered by the manufacturer?
I found one later valid vin, 7SAXCBE57NF328565. On the NHTSA lookup. Most if my tries I between this number and 5YJXCBE56MF327502 returned an invalid check digit 9. Maybe this means somewhere around 1000 refreshed Xs have been built? I'm not sure.

I found one later valid vin, 7SAXCBE57NF328565. On the NHTSA lookup. Most if my tries I between this number and 5YJXCBE56MF327502 returned an invalid check digit 9. Maybe this means somewhere around 1000 refreshed Xs have been built? I'm not sure.
That's a 2022. I hadn't looked for those yet. And you have to keep in mind that the 9th digit can change.
1637979987559.png

What did the S forum state? Should be the same.
I have had XM radio with a Tesla since I began driving a Tesla back in 2012. Apparently, a few years ago, they removed the receiver. My last model X had it and what I was told is that from some point forward they were no longer offering the antenna. However, that may have been different for the model X.

Reactions: Yakkodot
We do not know as @sunnyvaletree never posted his VIN. He's the key to finding this information.
I just stalked @sunnyvaletree's profile and ur said that he last logged on Wednesday. So there's hope that he may see our requests and share his VIN save the last 2 digits.
Dear Sunny, as the waiting room's first VINner (and first delivery) please help us out!

So someone with a delivery on Dec 24th, 2020 had a VIN of 5YJXCBE27MF3113XX. That's 15K from Fulkth's. My guess is either a) they stopped somewhere around that number and when they restarted production it started on a whole new batch of serial numbers, or b) it's no longer sequential and we're SOL on guessing anything at all. I give up on this detective work.

Edit: Keep in mind that this VIN is pre-refresh.

Check Zillow to see if there’s any housing you like near Fremont. That should about do it.
Yep people need to understand that order date is just one factor in delivery date. If you live near the factory and have a configuration they are currently building you may get your X waaaay before someone who ordered six months before you but is on the east coast with a different config .

Reactions: TWENT2