Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that those with vin #s had a reservation number about 20,000 ahead of me. Does that mean there are 20K cars ahead of me ... less dropouts? Seems like a lot. (2/02/21 order date.) Any guesses on the production rate?
HI folks. Long time lurker, first time posting. My original order was 11-20-2020. Canceled and ordered refresh in January 2021. Then like a dumbass changed wheel configuration and went from cream to white interior 06-27-2021. Think that killed me. No call to upgrade to 6 seater and now my order reflects the day I made the changes. MXLR red with white 20" rims. At this rate I might not see this puppy for months 😡 To make matters worse I'm in Toronto, Canada and face potential luxury tax in 2022.

They added into video to order page on app
D2FDA3E7-12E7-484E-B0D9-5840FC2BA165.jpeg

HI folks. Long time lurker, first time posting. My original order was 11-20-2020. Canceled and ordered refresh in January 2021. Then like a dumbass changed wheel configuration and went from cream to white interior 06-27-2021. Think that killed me. No call to upgrade to 6 seater and now my order reflects the day I made the changes. MXLR red with white 20" rims. At this rate I might not see this puppy for months 😡 To make matters worse I'm in Toronto, Canada and face potential luxury tax in 2022.
Fwiw I think that’s a better color combination - I wish I had done white instead of cream.

Reactions: TWENT2
I just got a VIN for my model X (ordered in Feb.). The sales rep says my X will be ready for delivery in 10-14 days.

I don't immediatly need the X. I'd appreciate the group's thoughts on delaying delivery in anticipation of the tax credit. Is this even realistic? I'm fine to not get the tax credit but would hate to miss out if I could have delayed for a month or two.

I just got a VIN for my model X (ordered in Feb.). The sales rep says my X will be ready for delivery in 10-14 days.

I don't immediatly need the X. I'd appreciate the group's thoughts on delaying delivery in anticipation of the tax credit. Is this even realistic? I'm fine to not get the tax credit but would hate to miss out if I could have delayed for a month or two.
Like you just got it right now or last night?

Reactions: nyNYCny

Does the Model X even qualify? I thought the price was over the maximum allowed for the credit?

It certainly does not qualify for national tax credit but possibly state/local?
Right now there is no U.S. federal tax credit for any Teslas. Question is the future legislation -- when will it be signed into law and in what form? I think the extent of the credit varies depending on cost of the EV, whether the EV was manufactured by unions, and the income of the buyer.

They could limit my Plaid X to 100mph for all I care. I just want the stupid thing.

My wife suggested they stop something similar by locking the top speed and only making it available once a brake kit Is available (to which you’d have to pay an additional $20K.

I’m indifferent about that, as I’d want the top speed, but would be fine with just the 0-60.

Reactions: AFBruin
I definitely feel you. I was a pre-refresh order. Got mad at my SA and he called my bluff on cancelling my order. He cancelled it, so I had to re-order. I lost 5 months in line because of it! I, too, am a dumbass, my friend.