Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friendly Ad

VINners, please enter your details so we can track production for those of us that aren't as lucky.

• Informative
Reactions: JBTMX and TWENT2
Friendly Ad

VINners, please enter your details so we can track production for those of us that aren't as lucky.

Can whomever owns the sheet add a column next to %EDD for %Vin? That’s the number I’d most like to see.

@Stro
I chat online with Tesla asking to switch among their lenders and asked about the whereabout of my car. He said it is in transist now and he has no other info. My local SA would have access to more info.
Not sure who to believe but i would not expect to get it until the 14th at the earliest.
In any case, hang in there buddy, you are almost at the end now. Should be any moment. You dont want to go to another brand and get a whole different set of issues.

• Love
Reactions: Stro
I apologize because this has probably been asked several times, but would like some more clarity. Has every vinner gone from Jan to tbd before vin assignment? Or have some of you been January for a while and straight to vin?
some people have gone from January to TBD and got their VIN. Currently, I went from January to TBD, and I'm hoping to get my VIN this week.

Ok October 19, 2020 order here in NC. I’m going to manifest it. Today is my day. You know why? Because I just got assigned to fly out for the next 2 weeks for work. And given my impeccable luck, that should be the time the delivery is scheduled.

C’mon Elon, you know you want to 😉

Also, Tesla interns, I know you want to as well!

LR X/Blue Exterior/White Interior/20”/FSD

Another Update. Recap: Feb 6th order; Red with white interior; VIN assigned on 11/26; Loan Formalities completed on 11/29; EDD-Dec 10th. Home Delivery.

Thanks @T.REX for the phone number. Called Tesla Fremont Delivery center to change from Home delivery to Factory location. Nice lady on the phone said that she can see that my car appears to be ready but needs to confirm with the delivery team. As usual, mentioned I am one of the first folks in the new lot to get the car, and deliveries are ramping up in the bay area, and lot of folks want a Fremont factory delivery.
Thought I will share. Will keep you all posted. Thanks for the help so far in this journey.

So, yesterday I got a call saying that my car had not yet left the factory, but it should by Friday. I was told to get insurance and loan figured out by then. This morning spent some time while on vacation, got loan approval through DFCU, my price was updated to include the 2k pre refresh discount and 2k off the FSD (it shows up as “referral credit of 4k on invoice) and transferred my cash portion to Tesla. Ten minutes later, I got a call from another SA stating that my VIN was a preproduction number and is not even made yet. He said it “should be possible to take delivery this year”.. Kind of frustrating, anyone else hear this info????

some people have gone from January to TBD and got their VIN. Currently, I went from January to TBD, and I'm hoping to get my VIN this week.
I went from TBD To January and “building your car” then last week it switched from January to TBD, with “schedule for delivery” then today went back to January with “building your car”. I don’t know what to believe, but after the last couple of days I am now a little discouraged.

• Funny
Reactions: cirez