Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, yet another Canadian going from TBD to January.
I'm a Jan 29, 2021 order, RN 1144, Blue/Cream, 20", FSD, original 6-seat...
I'm a march 4th 2021 order / RN 1145 / MSM / Black / 20'' / no FSD / Always 7 seater : October "call" declined

My Plaid order just changed from TBD to January as well. I've had TBD on there the entire time till now.

mine also changed from TBD to January this morning. I know this may mean nothing but atleast this is the 1st update for canadian deleveries update we have noticed after a long time.

My Plaid order changed to January as well. Ordered in Feb

The ETA just updated from TBD to January.
What's your config and RN ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: studioloft
Unfortunately it means nothing.
I tend to agree. Mine has been November, December, and now January. My guess is closer to April since I ordered a 5 seater.

On my first X a 2018 model, we ordered in November 2017. It was originally Feb, moved to Mar, then April. We picked it up in May. Worked out OK since the MCU2 and new color combinations came online in Mid March and April, respectively.

• Disagree
Reactions: 1pinhigh
I've seen lots of mentions of Tesla offering this change in configuration to get the car much sooner, but that doesn't really make sense to me. Shouldn't they already have a ton of orders of the 6 seat configuration to fill out orders for the first couple months? It isn't like they are just going to be sitting around unsold...

Unless this is just to try to get long term reservation holders their car quicker than people that are further down the queue?
The 6-seater has always been a lower-volume car. Tesla may be pushing them to use up the middle row bucket seats. FWIW, Tesla designs and makes its own seats. They used to have hundreds of them stacked in multi-level high bays at a facility in Fremont.

So my January went to TBD today. LR/Blue/Black/20/FSD Vinned Nov 30th with a 2022 and still have my VIN. Original order 02/02/2021. I got my insurance added to the app yesterday. Cant wait!
Interesting I lost my VIN. My car is to be delivered to Schaumburg. Another poster here with a Schaumburg delivery lost his VIN too. Possibility you could be waiting for us?

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
Everyone repeat after me... 😂

And also EDD means nothing. A change to TBD or January means nothing. It's a placeholder. They're both placeholders.​

Maybe if this is posted at the start of each page, it might begin to get some traction. Personally, I think it needs to be larger, in neon and flashes. At least people should look through a day's worth of postings before commenting (this includes myself as I got caught out once).

Hi everyone
we ordered Jan 2021, pre-refresh
5 seat, blue with cream interior and 20 inch wheels
for the longest time delivery was TBD and this morning or last night it changed to Jan
we are in Toronto

hopefully that's progress and not regression but its the first change on my delivery status in a very long time
Same here MXLR Red with white from the GTA as well. Here's hoping and even better if the luxury tax doesn't get pushed through🙏