Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in this same boat as well, And I’m honestly kind of hoping my R1S shows up first.

As much as I love my Tesla I really like what the R1S offers. Being $45,000 cheaper is also a bonus…
I have an R1S on order since September and have had a similar experience with Rivian, no communications. Since I wasn't a Launch Edition customer, I didn't receive the recent communications with an "anticipated" EDD. Supposedly, those of us that weren't LE customers, are going to receive something before the end of December with an EDD. I'm honestly not expecting anything sooner than 2023, though it would be a pleasant surprise. My hope with the R1S order was that there would be a race to the finish line with Tesla. That may still happen, but, I will cancel the Tesla order LONG BEFORE it gets to that point in time.

Based on my first time Tesla experience and my order being 9 months old, Mar 8, 2021 order, I doubt I'd be this patient again. It's not just the delay in delivering the car, it's the lack of customer service and the overall "Tesla Attitude".

Reactions: lauraut
I also have TBD... I called Freemont and they told me that they are having issues with the red exteriors, and thus have not started production of red. She said I will likely receive my car in February (earliest) and March Last week (worst case scenario)
I'm sorry, but I find this funny. It seems like rather than simply explaining what's going on (which they're probably not in the loop for), they come up with some kind of BS to cover for it. There's been a number of Model Xs on the Test Track and even the Logistics yard (meaning they're being shipped out).

I don't believe half of what's being said, and the other half I'm skeptical of.

Reactions: lauraut and Stro
I doubt model y would be at max capacity in Freemont once Texas is open.
I was trying to find any validation or that and really can't see anything. My guess, given the S/X backlog is not something that is likely solved by more production lines outside of clearing this backlog, it wouldn't make sense to re-tool 3/Y lines for S/X. They both have always been and will remain low volume vehicles.

I'm sorry, but I find this funny. It seems like rather than simply explaining what's going on (which they're probably not in the loop for), they come up with some kind of BS to cover for it. There's been a number of Model Xs on the Test Track and even the Logistics yard (meaning they're being shipped out).

I don't believe half of what's being said, and the other half I'm skeptical of.
No don't worry I put myself on mute when I was on the called and started laughing lol

Reactions: TrevTremaine
If we are all in this together for another 2-6 months, we may have to come up with some fresh stuff to talk about. Drone videos and subsequent speculation about said videos are great, but can only help so much in passing the time. I know, I know - go on walks, hug spouse and kids, volunteer, read, invent something, organize the basement. I hear you. But, you are all part of my extended family at this point, and I certainly don’t want to neglect my family.

Feel free to toss out some ideas.

Here‘s one: Your Favorite ICE Driving Experience. It can be a one-time experience or a car you owned. For me, two come to mind:

1. A 1980-something black convertible Corvette. It was my dad’s and I had the occasion to take it out. Incredible engine sounds.
  2. Dodge Challenger. Yes, you read that right. A Tesla die hard who previously owned a Chally. I actually had a reservation on the MS literally before the car was released. I got cold feet, cancelled and bought the Challenger. It was a great value and a lot of fun. I then came back to my senses, sold it and re-reserved a MS. By the way, they put me back to the front of the line because I agreed to the highest trim level… But, I digress, we are talking about anything but Tesla’s here!
Great topic idea to pass the time away while we wait and wait and wait for our VINs. I also have two very memorable driving experience.
1. Learned how to drive a stick a with a 2001 RX8 and a day later went crazy with it at Laguna Seca Raceway. First time driving above 120 mph and didn't have to worry about getting a ticket.
2. Drove a Mercedes E class on the autobahn in 2018 in excess of 150 mph. The most thrilling and scariest experience. Things just flew by with a blink of an eye, so I really didn't blink since I had 4 other people in the car with me.

This is the reason why I am excited about my first (long awaited) Tesla. I dream every night of driving this Rocket Ship! hahaha