Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is the same with any car. GM and Ford have people's ordered trucks partially built and sitting in fields or parking lots waiting on components. Drive by any car lot and count the number of new cars they have. Near me, most of the dealer lots are empty and the few cars they do have are used.
That didn’t stop a Porsche dealership from trying to sell my wife a Cayenne that did not have the chip necessary to adjust the steering column. It didn‘t come up AT ALL until after credit pulls, deals signed, financing applied for, multiple visits. I was really unhappy. When I backed out of the deal, they offered to have the chip installed within 24 hours. Why the *sugar* didn‘t they just do it for me in the first place?!? Tried to pull one over on me. Never again….

Reactions: Elixir
Just got off the phone with a girl at the Freemont phone number, she didn’t seem to thrilled their number was posted in a “forum”
Basically said expect delivery from now to Q2 2022.
Any configuration change will change prices to the newest increases. Not sure if that’s a bluff or not. :)
She also mentioned that they’re basically fulfilling original model X orders made prior to the refresh.
Not looking good for us 2021 orders.
I might actually get the R1S I reserved before the MX. Mind boggling.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Checked on our EDD and it changed from January to TBD. I was thinking it would be February like so many others. What is the theory on the difference between February and TBD? Order info: 5/7/21 - Red, cream, 7 seat, 22, FSD.
FWIW, my Blue/Cream/6/FSD is also TBD.

I haven't seen anyone else post about a cream interior, so maybe that's why we're both TBD'd as opposed to February?

Checked on our EDD and it changed from January to TBD. I was thinking it would be February like so many others. What is the theory on the difference between February and TBD? Order info: 5/7/21 - Red, cream, 7 seat, 22, FSD.
I also have TBD... I called Freemont and they told me that they are having issues with the red exteriors, and thus have not started production of red. She said I will likely receive my car in February (earliest) and March Last week (worst case scenario)

Mine has somehow gotten better except for the jaggy turns. Wonder will the FSD transfer over to my X when I get it?
FSD does not transfer over to your new car.😥 I purchased FSD on last 2 MX's +another on my current MX i'm driving now waiting for ordered MX refresh....No credit given & they can even remove it when you sell your veichle...Very unfair.........

Last edited:
If we are all in this together for another 2-6 months, we may have to come up with some fresh stuff to talk about. Drone videos and subsequent speculation about said videos are great, but can only help so much in passing the time. I know, I know - go on walks, hug spouse and kids, volunteer, read, invent something, organize the basement. I hear you. But, you are all part of my extended family at this point, and I certainly don’t want to neglect my family.

Feel free to toss out some ideas.

Here‘s one: Your Favorite ICE Driving Experience. It can be a one-time experience or a car you owned. For me, two come to mind:

1. A 1980-something black convertible Corvette. It was my dad’s and I had the occasion to take it out. Incredible engine sounds.
  2. Dodge Challenger. Yes, you read that right. A Tesla die hard who previously owned a Chally. I actually had a reservation on the MS literally before the car was released. I got cold feet, cancelled and bought the Challenger. It was a great value and a lot of fun. I then came back to my senses, sold it and re-reserved a MS. By the way, they put me back to the front of the line because I agreed to the highest trim level… But, I digress, we are talking about anything but Tesla’s here!

I also have TBD... I called Freemont and they told me that they are having issues with the red exteriors, and thus have not started production of red. She said I will likely receive my car in February (earliest) and March Last week (worst case scenario)
Thank you, good to know. We are not in a hurry as our current car has a lease until June. Just really excited to get the Tesla.

I have a recording! I hit record as I took notes on my iPad so I do have a recording.
Not sure how much it will help, but I have it.
I think that the question is do you want right now or right? They’ve made changes, had supply issues, etc. I’m in the same boat, and was looking forward to an early Jan delivery but found my estimated delivery is February. I have some really special cars, but I’ve never wanted a car more than the refreshed model x. It won’t help to get pissed.

I e-mailed my SA earlier today, mostly just to vent about my frustration with Tesla. As usual, he was friendly and understanding, although had no additional information. However, as I was driving home from work tonight, got another email from him that said he saw my order number on an anticipated arrivals report for the next 3 weeks, which he says is historically accurate. I’m not getting too excited until I actually see a VIN assigned, but….I have a good feeling about tomorrow?

I e-mailed my SA earlier today, mostly just to vent about my frustration with Tesla. As usual, he was friendly and understanding, although had no additional information. However, as I was driving home from work tonight, got another email from him that said he saw my order number on an anticipated arrivals report for the next 3 weeks, which he says is historically accurate. I’m not getting too excited until I actually see a VIN assigned, but….I have a good feeling about tomorrow?
Do you mind mentioning your order date and configuration?

Reactions: cheechogokid
Nice 👍 When did you order? I’m also in Oregon in the Portland area.

Reactions: Inflighttodd
Regarding the Y, Do you know how much later we’d get it if EDD is 12/9-12/31 and need to delay? Get it in a month or so or >2 months. Also, I read that Tesla is canceling orders that have repeatedly delayed.
I had to put my Y on hold prior. When I released it, I was put in the back of the line, not the front. In addition so many people have their cars on hold until January or the bill passes. Once it does pass, there will be a flood of orders released. The wait will likely be longer.

Reactions: Tezlagirl
I had to put my Y on hold prior. When I released it, I was put in the back of the line, not the front. In addition so many people have their cars on hold until January or the bill passes. Once it does pass, there will be a flood of orders released. The wait will likely be longer.
😦 oh no, I hadn’t thought about the legions of folks delaying for the tax credit. And for all we know it may not pass, what with Elon’s latest interview urging that that bill be deleted, lol
Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: DelPhonic1