Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 742651Just got this mail from Tesla a few minutes ago. The first actual confirmation & update I guess I have seen without pestering the SC.
Has anyone else outside North America received this? Basically says all non US order deliveries can only start after the 2nd half of 2022. My original price & order will be respected and that all further new orders for the MS & MX have been stopped until further notice.
Same in Germany. Blood pressure immediately rose when I read "Update to your order". But actually my fear was rather a full cancellation or being told it will take until 2023. Second half 2022 was anyways already my expectation and not getting worse/later seems to be a rather positive news.

Same in Germany. Blood pressure immediately rose when I read "Update to your order". But actually my fear was rather a full cancellation or being told it will take until 2023. Second half 2022 was anyways already my expectation and not getting worse/later seems to be a rather positive news.
echo everyone’s sentiments. Though frustrating, it is the first genuine communication that at least says something and can be seen as positive. Also just seeing the MS refresh issues & knowing the service delays in Europe, hoping it is for the best!

Will continue patiently waiting & polluting - probably paying fines next year as well but at least I now know what to expect(unless we see another such mail on 29th June saying Dec 2022😉).

Just had the following email direct from Tesla.

Translated from German:

We will contact you regarding the timing

Of your Model X order.

As we expand production capacity, the launch dates for markets outside North America have shifted. We will inform you about the delivery times via your Tesla account as the production of your Model X approaches. We currently expect deliveries outside North America to begin in the second half of 2022.

In order to speed up the delivery of existing orders, including your Model X order, as much as possible, we no longer accept new orders for Model S and Model X from markets outside North America. The price of your Model X is still the same as at the time of ordering, unless your vehicle configuration has been changed.

If you want to apply your order fee to another model or receive a full refund, request a call to talk directly to a Tesla consultant.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,

Your Tesla team

Reactions: lauraut
View attachment 742651Just got this mail from Tesla a few minutes ago. The first actual confirmation & update I guess I have seen without pestering the SC.
Has anyone else outside North America received this? Basically says all non US order deliveries can only start after the 2nd half of 2022. My original price & order will be respected and that all further new orders for the MS & MX have been stopped until further notice.
Let's hope it will be the beginning of the second half of 2022. Because in ElonTime it could mean the end of the year

Same here in Portugal, but i try to make a new order and i'm still allowed to do it.

If i got my X on second half 2022 i would be so hapy.
You are allowed to, but you will see that the difference now is, is that there is no pricing indication. So ordering now means an unknown price which will be determined once they have more visibility on it and supply chain constraints give a better picture as to part prices.

In other words; the car you have ordered now will remain at the price you ordered (as per the email) but also means the car might be worth a heck of a lot more once delivered. Or less :p

In other news; we (here in NL) are seeing people on 3 and Y orders now getting text messages about possibly missing charging pads and/or USB ports. Seems that the recent X deliveries where they were missing were not a one time event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gameiro101 and colo
Here is some good news for all of you guys still waiting. The order detail is in my signature so please look at it before asking.
The car was in Dallas when i posted yesterday and just now, i open my Tesla app and did not expect much but there it was, my delivery date for this Sunday.
I also notice the 2K discount for pre refresh reservation holder reflected in the final payment info.

Woohoo cant wait to go get her on Sunday. Will take pics.

Screenshot_20211210-051717_Tesla.jpg

Here is some good news for all of you guys still waiting. The order detail is in my signature so please look at it before asking.
The car was in Dallas when i posted yesterday and just now, i open my Tesla app and did not expect much but there it was, my delivery date for this Sunday.
I also notice the 2K discount for pre refresh reservation holder reflected in the final payment info.

View attachment 742660
Excellent news! Best is that the 2K discount is applied with no (?) stress and hassle on your part! I really wasn’t expecting those promised discounts to stick.

You can use the corded mobile connector to get up to 40A charging speeds, I use this at my weekend home and at my in-laws as it was cheaper to install 14-50 outlets at multiple locations. It is quite often out of stock.

You are pointing out an older GEN 1 product no longer included with new vehicles. And hasn't been available for some time. GEN 2 is what comes with new Tesla's for about the last 4 years and , is limited to 32A.
This confuses new owners and they cannot charge at 40A with the connector that comes with the vehicle.

View attachment 742660
I wish I had a service call around that time so I could see your baby being delivered.

Reactions: Elixir

View attachment 742660
congratulations

View attachment 742660

Excellent news! Question... Did you receive a text message at all stating that your car was ready for delivery?

no text, no email. just randomly checking the app.
That's how I found out about my VIN too. No text, no email, no call. Still no communication from my SA who told me he'd call as soon as he had updated information. I would say receiving a VIN is pretty substantial updated information 🥴 In any case, gonna be checking the app like crazy today then in hopes that I get the same message you got!