Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vin!
7SAXCBE53NXXXXXXX

Order date Jan 28 2021, w/w/6seat/fsd/20"

No sms or calls, just randomly opened Tesla app and saw a Vin. Hope it sticks and does not disappear next couple days. Still shows Feb as delivery though. So as a lot of have guessed here - just a placeholder.

Same, no notification and still showing Feb.

Ordered Feb 21 2021, b/b/6/no-fsd/22"

Updated the Google Doc, good to see the numbers finally increasing again!

But, like @ioanbsu, still cautiously optimistic after last VIN redaction.

Wow my estimated delivery just moved up to February. I had ordered March 18 (2021).

I might just have been right with my prediction about 4680s and increased range. Or the world supply chain is REALLY feeling the shutdown effects. Unfortunately, it’s probably the latter.

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
Hey guys and gals! I did end up taking delivery today around 2pm and the sales manager told me I have the first and, so far, only refresh X in Illinois! Anyway, my plan was to get home and take a few pics to share with you all, but the damned Chicago weather put a damper on that as it's been raining cats and dogs all afternoon and evening. Gonna try either tomorrow or Sunday. Let me tell you, this thing is a powerful beast, but a DREAM to drive!! I can't wait for you all to get yours, it's simply amazing. Much like @Fulkth though, mine did not come with the all weather mats, so I'm gonna inquire about that. I did get the 2k discount for being a pre refresh order though, which is great. I'll update you guys this weekend!

And the 3 and Y are getting new features in Europe. The Y is getting closer to the X now.

To clarify, I mean that we may have been wrong that TBD was better than having an EDD.

Obviously only 1 data point. We know all EDDs are clearly quite fluid

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it’s really obvious that something is holding up production and vehicle releases for sale. That’s a lot of Model Xs sitting next to the track waiting for some or several components to be installed or software updated to enable them. While it’s obviously better to see more X on the lot than not, they are clearly not making even 10-15 partially completed vehicles a day. It’s like there is no real production ramp up at all and almost each one has some issue or another. At this rate it’s hard to see how they will have 500 X built by year end, and I’m sure there are more people who agreed to the 6 seat configuration by phone than that. Again based on our small sample size here in the waiting room. For Tesla to actually admit there’s no way they can fill any European orders in for most probably a year and to stop even accepting more orders from Europe for both the S and X is really a major indicator of inability to increase production. Tesla never outright admits being overwhelmed, they just say delivery is next month or TBD……as we all know too well. I am actually very surprised that they communicated this and strangely find it more concerning regarding the delivery of our orders in “February “ or TBD than the usual BS.There’s a lot of very astute speculation about the possible issues here that probably is right, but if they can’t ramp production, it’s going to be a long winter for us here.
It seems like they were making about 20,000 X a year before the shutdown debacle , correct my math please, so 300-400 a month is not going to help most of us for a very long time…………I don’t want to be negative but the math is not with us at least this year…

Hey guys and gals! I did end up taking delivery today around 2pm and the sales manager told me I have the first and, so far, only refresh X in Illinois! Anyway, my plan was to get home and take a few pics to share with you all, but the damned Chicago weather put a damper on that as it's been raining cats and dogs all afternoon and evening. Gonna try either tomorrow or Sunday. Let me tell you, this thing is a powerful beast, but a DREAM to drive!! I can't wait for you all to get yours, it's simply amazing. Much like @Fulkth though, mine did not come with the all weather mats, so I'm gonna inquire about that. I did get the 2k discount for being a pre refresh order though, which is great. I'll update you guys this weekend!
And congratulations 9802, you have suffered long and bravely. A small bright spot on our dreary forum…

Umm tesla has 160 inventory Plaid Model S’s yet people are still waiting long times for theirs…..its only one conclusion, cars where ppl don’t take delivery does NOT get sent to the next person in line they go to inventory 🤷🏾‍♂️. I’m clocking the Tesla inventory for any X’s that may show up lol
^^^^
It absolutely doesn't make sense why new 22 S plaid becomes available to public before someone who waited for 5 months gets a Dib.

I switched from 18 m3 to 22 MY while waiting endlessly for MX.

Tesla put too much safety first on 22, it's boring.
You can't adjust the hard break regen
Autopilot max out at 80 instead of 90. And it beeps like annoying as hell without hands on wheel for 3 sec.
Elon got rid of radar so it's camera only so you can't disable windshield wiper in AP and it was running in a sunny day.

MX will be my last Tesla. There are too many good EV coming out. And how Tesla operates is someone like a neighborhood liquor store.

• Disagree
Reactions: cheechogokid
Well, it’s really obvious that something is holding up production and vehicle releases for sale. That’s a lot of Model Xs sitting next to the track waiting for some or several components to be installed or software updated to enable them. While it’s obviously better to see more X on the lot than not, they are clearly not making even 10-15 partially completed vehicles a day. It’s like there is no real production ramp up at all and almost each one has some issue or another. At this rate it’s hard to see how they will have 500 X built by year end, and I’m sure there are more people who agreed to the 6 seat configuration by phone than that. Again based on our small sample size here in the waiting room. For Tesla to actually admit there’s no way they can fill any European orders in for most probably a year and to stop even accepting more orders from Europe for both the S and X is really a major indicator of inability to increase production. Tesla never outright admits being overwhelmed, they just say delivery is next month or TBD……as we all know too well. I am actually very surprised that they communicated this and strangely find it more concerning regarding the delivery of our orders in “February “ or TBD than the usual BS.There’s a lot of very astute speculation about the possible issues here that probably is right, but if they can’t ramp production, it’s going to be a long winter for us here.
It seems like they were making about 20,000 X a year before the shutdown debacle , correct my math please, so 300-400 a month is not going to help most of us for a very long time…………I don’t want to be negative but the math is not with us at least this year…
Although i agree with you but i hope you are wrong, i am very eager to see the delivery numbers for X on the first week of next month.

Reactions: John in LB
An interesting update in owner’s manual. New climate control?

018C5D0B-DCE7-40D4-A952-ED1DE83090C3.jpeg