Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Umm tesla has 160 inventory Plaid Model S’s yet people are still waiting long times for theirs…..its only one conclusion, cars where ppl don’t take delivery does NOT get sent to the next person in line they go to inventory 🤷🏾‍♂️. I’m clocking the Tesla inventory for any X’s that may show up lol
My best guess: price. Reservation holders may have bought prior to a price increase, and the car is more valuable in the inventory pile? I know sounds cynical.

Reactions: croman and Elixir
^^^^
It absolutely doesn't make sense why new 22 S plaid becomes available to public before someone who waited for 5 months gets a Dib.

I switched from 18 m3 to 22 MY while waiting endlessly for MX.

Tesla put too much safety first on 22, it's boring.
You can't adjust the hard break regen
Autopilot max out at 80 instead of 90. And it beeps like annoying as hell without hands on wheel for 3 sec.
Elon got rid of radar so it's camera only so you can't disable windshield wiper in AP and it was running in a sunny day.

MX will be my last Tesla. There are too many good EV coming out. And how Tesla operates is someone like a neighborhood liquor store.
You may have a faulty camera. I did as mine kept thinking it was raining too. It was an easy fix.

Vin!
7SAXCBE53NXXXXXXX

Order date Jan 28 2021, w/w/6seat/fsd/20"

No sms or calls, just randomly opened Tesla app and saw a Vin. Hope it sticks and does not disappear next couple days. Still shows Feb as delivery though. So as a lot of have guessed here - just a placeholder.

Hey guys and gals! I did end up taking delivery today around 2pm and the sales manager told me I have the first and, so far, only refresh X in Illinois! Anyway, my plan was to get home and take a few pics to share with you all, but the damned Chicago weather put a damper on that as it's been raining cats and dogs all afternoon and evening. Gonna try either tomorrow or Sunday. Let me tell you, this thing is a powerful beast, but a DREAM to drive!! I can't wait for you all to get yours, it's simply amazing. Much like @Fulkth though, mine did not come with the all weather mats, so I'm gonna inquire about that. I did get the 2k discount for being a pre refresh order though, which is great. I'll update you guys this weekend!
congrats! @Tezhed9802

This would be so wrong in so many levels. But it’s Tesla.
S Plaids show Dec-Jan availability in most configs. It’s the S LR that are backed up. Tesla seems to be prioritizing the high cost S Plaid inventory over the S LR reservation holders.

I can’t imagine what it’s like to have Tesla prioritize other vehicles over a reservation. 😂🤬😅

Edit: I just checked the inventory for the S on the Tesla Stats inventory website and it shows 181 Model S inventory available on the last 24 hours. All Plaid.

Reactions: Stro
An interesting update in owner’s manual. New climate control?

View attachment 743069
As much as I hope there is something there I fear its just representing the passenger side vent position
071C6068-3D78-46BA-BFF2-19B13B04B367.jpeg
DF8871D0-98DB-4986-98BE-A19BDED65911.jpeg

From the looks of the video that cyber truck bed is not 6.5 feet like the blogs say. It looks like they shortner it or something 🤔
It's just perspective... Look at the Cybertuck next to the MX for scale. It's possible that the bed could be 6ft+
Screenshot_20211211-091228.jpg

By the way... Before anyone else can say it... That's my Cybertuck next to my MX. I'm just letting Tesla borrow them for a bit.
"How long?" You ask
"2 weeks"

Don’t worry. Your high school football team will play a real football team soon. Meanwhile, my Longhorns are playing like 5 year olds. Nothing is going good this year. Football or MX.
Meanwhile here in AZ, the Cardinals are top of the league and the Suns are near the top of the league. This is enough evidence to tell me that the next vins will be here in Arizona!

@EV_LIFE back me up on this one

(Pretty please 🥺)