Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you find the source code?
Quite a few threads about this one:

Reactions: Pdudkiewicz
I have picked up at Fremont Deliver Center and Dublin SC. And I prefer Dublin. The Delivery Center has dozens of people armed with checklists and questions about the paperwork, how does this work on the cars, ....? They are trying to move people through in batches of an hour or so windows. But after the first group or so the queue gets long.

In contrast, at the Service Center, we were the only people picking up our car that morning. The person we were working with personally walked us through the car and then left us alone to inspect the car and try things out. We had a couple of minor things and that same salesperson coordinated everything, such as someone coming out to clean little areas of dirt. It was a much slower-paced and more relaxing process.
OK that's good to know, thanks! (More ways that 2021-2022 is not like 2015.) Looking forward to hearing how the Dublin crew does with @ioanbsu, who I think is probably picking up from there as I'm typing this?

Bruce.

For those that have delivery times set or have taken delivery, did it seek you saw actual movement on your VIN or saw your actual VIN about the time it seems to hit or depart the logistics lot?

That’s the sense I’m getting but want to see if that can be validated.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hi, lurker turned poster here! 🙋🏻‍♀️Returning to you (probably for the last time) with updates since my last post - almost 100 pages ago 🤯. As you know, my new MX was sent back almost Immediately upon receipt due to FWD issues.

After sending my car back, I promptly called for an update. Status was “tech is looking at it. No ETA”. I continue to call sometimes daily, sometimes multiple times a day until I got an updated status of “your FWD was misaligned and we also found paint damage because of it. We’re fixing both. ETA 3 days from now”. Three days turned into 5 more days.

Five more days came, I called again. However, I was sent straight to hold music. This has never happened before so I’m pretty sure they blocked me. But of course it did not deter me from keep redialing even though it got me to no one. I was determined to wait out the hold music. Finally, someone picked up. She said “the SC is aware that you want your car. They are working on it.” I asked if there’s an updated ETA as the last date I received expired. She said she’ll follow up and call me back. No call back.

At this point I’m feeling like a creepy stalker who can’t take a hint. Gosh - it’s like dating again - which clearly I suck. I told my husband and he laughed. At least someone finds humor in this situation- or perhaps he sees a version of himself years ago while trying pursue me 🤷🏻‍♀️😂🤣

The next day (11th day), while trying to think of how to sweet talk my rep into more information, I got a phone call. 🙌 hallelujah 🙌 I cried the same tears of joy as when I became a VINer 😭 She said my car can be picked up as early as tomorrow. Of course, I took the first appointment available.

Alas…the glorious “tomorrow” has arrived (12th day)! But I couldn’t leave the house without first sharing with you all, my day ones (actually my page 200s rather).

If we have only one lesson to learn, it is Tesla is 💯% committed to their communications model. “absence makes the heart grow fonder.” 😉
Thanks @LadyMX for the update. Did you get your car back? If so how was the repair work?

I have an early April 21 7 seat order. Any possible scenario that Tesla will deliver 7 seaters in Jan considering that they converted many 5 seaters and 7 seaters to 6 seaters. Things are getting really difficult with a single car ( I know it is my fault and not Tesla’s for believing their words).
I have exactly same config/ order date as you.
I see Feb ETA. I'm guessing March 22nd as my delivery date

I have exactly same config/ order date as you.
I see Feb ETA. I'm guessing March 22nd as my delivery date
Good luck to us. Will see till Jan whether they are starting 7 seat deliveries, if there are no changes I will have to find an alternate mode of transport. I am guessing since I am in the bay you will get it before me due to how Tesla prioritize non-bay area deliveries earlier part of the quarter. Of course these are nothing but pure speculation🙂

Okay, so was finally able to take some pics of the new whip... This thing's a dream!!

Attachments

• 20211212_152924.jpg
    20211212_152924.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 20211212_152809.jpg
    20211212_152809.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20211212_152758.jpg
    20211212_152758.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20211212_152709.jpg
    20211212_152709.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20211212_152700.jpg
    20211212_152700.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 20211212_152653.jpg
    20211212_152653.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20211212_152637.jpg
    20211212_152637.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 101
  • 20211212_152629.jpg
    20211212_152629.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 116
Most of these I'd never ever see if I owned the car for 5 years. Maybe the detailer but not me lol.
Seriously?

- Metal showing where paint should be
- Lots of little scratches
- Dirty car
- Shavings of something in the trunk
- One fob doesn’t work
- Doors not aligned

If you wouldn’t notice these things then I would venture to say you are unique buyer amongst the rest of us spending $100k-$150k on a vehicle.

Wow! Looks amazing! Even though it’s not me (yet) I’m so happy to see all of these deliveries😁
Soon!! It looks like VINs are starting to get assigned again and I'm seeing people on FB taking delivery, so I'm thinking there's gonna be a big end of year push! I know Elon mentioned they were gonna try and go easy on deliveries, but I'll bet they still deliver a bunch of vehicles