Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for opinions:

I really need a Model X by mid-May to tow the travel trailer I ordered. I have a Model X LR order, currently with an EDD of April. Now, Tesla has a used Model X in my area (no delivery charge!) with a configuration that would work well for me. Should I buy the used Model X now or continue to wait for my new order? If I buy the used now, I could trade up whenever the new Model X arrives. Alternately, if I wait and my order is delayed, I could look for another used Model X when it gets closer to delivery of the travel trailer.
I would buy the use X, then do everything you need to do and when Tesla finally gets around to filling your order trade in the X or sell it on the open market. It may be worth even more at that point.

lol what do you think happens to cast iron when it gets wet? I could put brand new rotors on any car, and if I've done it properly (cleaning off the friction surface to remove the anti-corrosion oil most manufacturers apply at shipping) they will rust the next time I drive through a puddle in a parking lot. Which disappears the next time you apply the brakes. It also has a helpful anti-vibration property in that it helps clean the rotor surface - common tactic to remove deposits after a track day is to get the rotors wet, let them sit overnight, and then go do a quick mini-bed procedure.

But FUD I guess
Lol chill, its a brand new car, must have been sitting a while in a grassy field in Fremont

Signed into my account and found a VIN assigned, even though the est delivery date still shows February! Bay Area, Dec 2020 order.
View attachment 743628
Delivery day has arrived.
It would be really helpful to the rest of the group if when people get a VIN they don’t just say “got a VIN” or “picking up this week” but rather post their VIN (less the last two digits), their order date, and their full configuration. Then enter that info in the spreadsheet linked in Stro's signature. This will really help the group start to get a handle on what and when things are getting delivered. Thanks everybody, and congratulations to those receiving their cars.

It would be really helpful to the rest of the group if when people get a VIN they don’t just say “got a VIN” or “picking up this week” but rather post their VIN (less the last two digits), their order date, and their full configuration. Then enter that info in the spreadsheet linked in Stro's signature. This will really help the group start to get a handle on what and when things are getting delivered. Thanks everybody, and congratulations to those receiving their cars.
Done! BTW , a few rows down there was a refreshed Black Model X - 6 seats, that was getting delivered today. That buyer arrived shortly after me and asked me a few questions.

For your sake, I do hope it’s the last in that they resolve all your issues. If they don’t though, I’d be curious to hear of updates. Hopefully they aren’t just returning the car without everything fixed.
When I picked it up the FWD still didn’t close correctly when my son pressed it. They took it to the back and 2 hours later, they delivered. She is now home and so far so good.

Ok, she is home.
Thanks a lot to everyone on this forum. It was the most supportive and informative place for me for last 10 months. I know I was mostly lurking but here is my last update with pics. Good luck for all who is waiting. This car is a beast and worth waiting(communication at Tesla still sucks:)).
p.s. on a pick there front trunk looks misaligned it is actually not fully closed. Everything is aligned very good with small exception of right side doors. But I guess it is normal. I think those who don't know where to look won't see misalignment.
In one of those pics, it looks like the car is winking at you 😉

When was last time you checked? Was it assigned today? Also, if you don’t mind post vin minus last two digits
Thanks and congrats!
It must have been assigned within the past few days. I check my account about once a week.

The vin ends in NF3275XX (blue/white, 6-seater, 20", no FSD). I will update the spreadsheet once I get contacted by Tesla about potential delivery. One could understand that I don't quite believe any of this is real until I get contacted by Tesla. There have been so many delays and teases with the web portal updating and then reverting back to its previous state since last year when I ordered.

Last edited:
It must have been assigned within the past few days. I check my account about once a week.

The vin ends in 3275XX (blue 6-seater, no FSD). I will update the spreadsheet once I get contacted by Tesla about potential delivery. One could understand that I don't quite believe any of this is real until I get contacted by Tesla. There have been so many delays and teases with the web portal updating and then reverting back to its previous state since last year when I ordered.
does it have nf or mf?

Hey guys and gals!
I’ve been lurking around since I placed my order in February but I’m sad to say I may be cancelling my MXP order. I just placed an order today for a 2022 MSP that is at a near my SC and will be taking delivery some time this week. At least I get to avoid the Canadian luxury tax that is coming into play next month.

I guess I’m going to have to hang this in the garage as a memento. Who knows… maybe I’ll just keep the reservation for now and see how things play out.

33F8C523-73CE-44A4-A198-CA06DC64AB02.jpeg