Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meanwhile in the EU, while you talk of VINning in the USA, we dream of a Teslabot delivering our MX to us when Q3 2022 comes…AI, Robo drive, 1200km,4680 v2.0 built in Berlin, €60kprice(lower due to Berlin build) —- dream , dream, dream away folks…!!

F4ADD580-146D-4DAA-AAAC-66DD8E2D738B.gif

Great to hear that cancelled Vinners are back alive!
Congrats.

Can you please tell me if you had in your account the old "Vehicle Delivery Configuration" document with the old VIN, until they assigned you the NEW one? I also lost my VIN, but still have that document in my account showing the old number. Thanks for your help
have old VIN on "Vehicle Delivery Configuration" (looks like it's a static pdf - will give 24hrs)

I’m buying this car for my wife and I’m genuinely concerned about her using the Yoke in an emergency situation. Car and driver has a really well balanced review of the Model S Plaid and talk about the practicality of the Yoke above and beyond it being a marketing stunt.

This really jibes with my general concerns. The fact that it was just put on there without a variable steering ratio further compounds my concerns.

Anyone else worried or couldn’t you care less?

I’m buying this car for my wife and I’m genuinely concerned about her using the Yoke in an emergency situation. Car and driver has a really well balanced review of the Model S Plaid and talk about the practicality of the Yoke above and beyond it being a marketing stunt.

This really jibes with my general concerns. The fact that it was just put on there without a variable steering ratio further compounds my concerns.

Anyone else worried or couldn’t you care less?
The people that I have talked to that have actually used it say that you adapt quickly and it is not an issue.

Any specific reason why you think other configs will take a longtime, also what is your definition of longterm. Really hoping it will be available by Q1 but would like to plan for alternative approach if you have any specific details.
More or less they've said so.. We've seen none of them and everyone seems to indicate that it isn't going to be anytime soon.

Reactions: Jacomath
For everyone who ordered the 5 seat option like me, maybe it's not that bad to wait just a bit longer since Tesla has to resolve build quality issues and work out some faulty parts. I remember the model y had to redesign some parts of the car 4 months after initial delivery.
Don’t be too hopeful. Most build quality issues are ones that have been ongoing since the beginning

Any specific reason why you think other configs will take a longtime, also what is your definition of longterm. Really hoping it will be available by Q1 but would like to plan for alternative approach if you have any specific details.
When Tesla called me on Oct 12 to switch to 6 seats from 7 they made it very clear that if I did not take 6 seater I would be waiting until march or April for 7 seater. They also guaranteed me delivery this year and I currently do not have a VIN yet. Given these 2 pieces of info, I would not expect 5/7 seats before Q2 given they can’t even deliver on the promises they made on the 6 seats. Sorry, waiting is not fun.

Reactions: Jacomath
When Tesla called me on Oct 12 to switch to 6 seats from 7 they made it very clear that if I did not take 6 seater I would be waiting until march or April for 7 seater. They also guaranteed me delivery this year and I currently do not have a VIN yet. Given these 2 pieces of info, I would not expect 5/7 seats before Q2 given they can’t even deliver on the promises they made on the 6 seats. Sorry, waiting is not fun.
Thank you for that info.

For everyone who ordered the 5 seat option like me, maybe it's not that bad to wait just a bit longer since Tesla has to resolve build quality issues and work out some faulty parts. I remember the model y had to redesign some parts of the car 4 months after initial delivery.

I am one of the 5 seat buyers and keep telling myself the exact same thing you stated. It doesn't help :), Saw a 6 seater at ATL SC that matched my color scheme this weekend. Beautiful car.

Reactions: ironwill96
I wonder which is the higher priority/early delivery:
-early (Q4 2020 or Q1 2021) 5/7 seaters
-late (Q2 and beyond) 6 seaters

I ordered a 6 seater on June 10. Curious to see at which point they switch to 5/7.
Odds are they'll switch it if you get priority on those models. Then they'll produce the 6 seaters in earnest and have you wait for another few months.

I am one of the 5 seat buyers and keep telling myself the exact same thing you stated. It doesn't help :), Saw a 6 seater at ATL SC that matched my color scheme this weekend. Beautiful car.
As someone with a 5-seater on order as well I’d happily take the offer to upgrade to a 6-seat configuration if they’d just give me a ring. But alas having ordered in May I suspect that call isn’t coming unfortunately.