Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If he has a day one reservation he may very well get in 2022. I was about a week in and project closer to 2023/2024. And given my previous experience with Ford vehicles, I am OK with waiting for them to get the kinks out. 3 years and 2 recalls, and they never did fix my Escape V-6 from shutting the engine off when you came down a highway off-ramp
Yup. I have a minute 1 order meaning as it opened reservations, mine went in quickly.

Random question I just had.. I don't recall from any previous orders - do we select WHERE we pick our car up from during ordering?

When I ordered originally I split time between southern WI and MN and will likely still register in WI. However WI doesn't allow Tesla direct sales, so everyone goes to Chicago to pickup. My goal was always to pick up in MN from the center 20 minutes away from my house here.

I'm too nervous to reach out to ask for any changes and mess up the possibility of a VIN anytime soon haha
I actually ordered at a SC, and they asked if delivery in Orange County (CA) was OK, and she entered that when I ordered.

Did anyone see this? Interesting if true and wonder if the MX is next in line. Would be great if our flyOver Drone friend chances upon a pic or two with new taillights & the charge port or any other changes.. perhaps that’s the Q3 delay reason all along(but can they have one production line with differing models(CCS port)

Did anyone see this? Interesting if true and wonder if the MX is next in line. Would be great if our flyOver Drone friend chances upon a pic or two with new taillights & the charge port or any other changes.. perhaps that’s the Q3 delay reason all along(but can they have one production line with differing models(CCS port)
Plaid+ ?

For sure. I’m definitely keeping mental notes of all of this. They won’t always be the only game in town. As soon as the competition catches up or even gets close (and they will), I am out. This entire experience has been crap. For those of you saying you’ll forget all about it when you get the car.. I won’t.
I’m pretty sure a LOT of the wait this year is NOT Tesla per se but rather the shortages due to the shutdowns and interferences with the supply chains.

Traditional car dealerships in my area are almost empty lots. It’s kinda weird, almost spooky.

I’m pretty sure a LOT of the wait this year is NOT Tesla per se but rather the shortages due to the shutdowns and interferences with the supply chains.

Traditional car dealerships in my area are almost empty lots. It’s kinda weird, almost spooky.
Exactly. I think for a lot of us the issue isn't so much the delays but the lack of communication. I know that's my biggest gripe about Tesla. We can't even turn on the news anymore without hearing about all the general shipping delays or the container ships parked out by the Port of Los Angeles, etc., but how hard is it to just send a simple email letting us know that they haven't forgotten about us. Unless Tesla is also experiencing a shortage of internet, that shouldn't be an issue. Just my thoughts.

I don’t get how my dealership sent me an email on 12/14 saying “we are looking to confirm you’re ready for ownership and the estimated arrival is this year”, but still no VIN assigned. Not sure by what day to lose all hope of a “end of year 2021” delivery. I was thinking Monday or Tuesday all hope is lost.

Has anyone else received a proactive email from their dealership asking about are you ready for end of year delivery?

Spoke to a friend in the Auto Business. Says dealers have about 1/2 the cars they usually do, but now make 4X the profit on each one.

Very little dealing right now with most legacy dealerships. They put a price on the car and wait till somebody wants it enough to pay the price.

Cars that used to sell for $200 over dealer cost...now sell for full sticker +

Exactly. I think for a lot of us the issue isn't so much the delays but the lack of communication. I know that's my biggest gripe about Tesla. We can't even turn on the news anymore without hearing about all the general shipping delays or the container ships parked out by the Port of Los Angeles, etc., but how hard is it to just send a simple email letting us know that they haven't forgotten about us. Unless Tesla is also experiencing a shortage of internet, that shouldn't be an issue. Just my thoughts.
It's pretty clear that Tesla is just using all of this to drive traffic to their website, with the constant reloads that people are doing to see if a VIN appears on their account page. That traffic generates ad revenue, just like all those other websites. Or, and this is totally a guess, Tesla just doesn't bother communicating because it's not their priority. Making people feel better about delays isn't much - if any - consideration for them. The vehicle will come when the vehicle comes. Telling someone the vehicle isn't coming yet might be useful to people for planning, but it doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever in Tesla's view.

Signed,
A Guy Whose Wife Drive's His Model 3 Performance to Work Everyday While He Drives a Borrowed 2001 Subaru Outback from His Neighbor to Take His Kids to Their Activities Because It's Better Than Walking ... Mostly

I think for a lot of us the issue isn't so much the delays but the lack of communication. I know that's my biggest gripe about Tesla.
Yes, this was my point when I said I’ll remember this in the future. I don’t care at all about the wait and shortages. They could’ve told me June 2022 if it was an honest estimate and that would’ve been perfectly 100% fine with me. I would’ve kept my lease or made other arrangements. Now we’re piecing it together with the cars we have, avoiding another temp car purchase because I have no idea if it’s coming next week or next year.

But giving everyone fake placeholders?? Putting “January” and “February” out there when some are literally taking delivery with that status and others are maybe 6-12 months out. “We’re building your car.” That’s disingenuous BS.

It would take a minimum wage administrative assistant to send out an email with better info. They clearly had the bandwidth to reach out for seat upgrades, so there’s definitely a comm process there. They just are choosing to not utilize it.

Anyway, I’ll stop with the rant because I know a lot of you disagree and we should all just be fanboys and accept things as they are. I’m still keeping my order because the product is good and above any other. The customer service and communication is abysmal.

Talked with tesla, they checked my account and said my car passed all inspections and will be ready tomorrow! I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight🤣.

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a good day for Model X news because I'm getting my car.
Super excited for you!

I got more details on mine today too: apparently there were some pretty bad scratches so they ended up shipping my LRX to their local bodyshop to fix because the damage was too extensive to repair on site. It put my order in a "REPAIR HOLD" status as a result. The guy mentioned something about the transport from Fremont being the culprit, but that is <20 miles away... so kinda weird.

Anyway, they said that I should expect my delivery on Saturday. 600mi roadtrip Sunday. Hoping for a successful delivery and problem-free drive...

It's pretty clear that Tesla is just using all of this to drive traffic to their website, with the constant reloads that people are doing to see if a VIN appears on their account page. That traffic generates ad revenue, just like all those other websites. Or, and this is totally a guess, Tesla just doesn't bother communicating because it's not their priority. Making people feel better about delays isn't much - if any - consideration for them. The vehicle will come when the vehicle comes. Telling someone the vehicle isn't coming yet might be useful to people for planning, but it doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever in Tesla's view.

Signed,
A Guy Whose Wife Drive's His Model 3 Performance to Work Everyday While He Drives a Borrowed 2001 Subaru Outback from His Neighbor to Take His Kids to Their Activities Because It's Better Than Walking ... Mostly
Ad revenue? Don’t think I’ve ever seen an ad visiting the account page.